Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at 76ers (1-2) Round 2 Game #4 5/7/23  (Read 32029 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at 76ers (1-2) Round 2 Game #4 5/7/23
« Reply #885 on: May 07, 2023, 06:42:27 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 122
  • B's Up
fire je now

hire nurse

brad can go also with him for allowing this and panicking and signing this clown
Brad has been making unbelievably bad decisions since september. The embarrassing Ime debacle, hiring an unproven bum at head coach for a win now championship caliber team with young players, and doing absolute zilch at the deadline. We desperately need a big body center to deal with embiid/giannis as well as injury insurance and his choice was Mike freaking Muscala who hasnt done a thing since February
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #886 on: May 07, 2023, 06:43:27 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
And Robert Williams D would have been helpful down the stretch to help with Embiid and grab boards, stop PJ Tucker from roaming around the rim etc. But he's just sitting in the bench.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #887 on: May 07, 2023, 06:43:36 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
76ers have momentum. They're taking Game 5. C's and Joe shot themselves on the foot, again, for the thousandth time. Put your bets on PHI to take the points next game

I honestly believe that we are going to win 5 and 6. But I don’t understand is how many people thought that it was over after 3. Again and again, we watch them blow it, but fans keep buying in, thinking it’s different. Remember the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and thinking you’ll get a different result.

We are going to win 5 and 6, because we’re better. But it’s painful.

nobody said this was over after 3

quarters or games??
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #888 on: May 07, 2023, 06:43:57 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I just have PTSD from Boston last year…same round. Same series record choking away game 5 to the bucks.

Philly will play loose in game 5. Boston will play tight. And Philly has all the momentum.

« Reply #889 on: May 07, 2023, 06:45:04 PM »

• Johnny Most
And Robert Williams D would have been helpful down the stretch to help with Embiid and grab boards, stop PJ Tucker from roaming around the rim etc. But he's just sitting in the bench.

joe wont play because no offensive game

maybe can help with put backs on drives tho

yes his d woulda been huge there

joe wants all offensive guys at end i guess
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #890 on: May 07, 2023, 06:46:16 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1525
I just have PTSD from Boston last year…same round. Same series record choking away game 5 to the bucks.

Philly will play loose in game 5. Boston will play tight. And Philly has all the momentum.

I am mad about today’s loss too, but Philly won that game by a sliver.  Celtics have played well after a loss.  I expect them to do that again.  But we should have finished this with a win.

« Reply #891 on: May 07, 2023, 06:46:30 PM »

• Johnny Most

same old crap

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #892 on: May 07, 2023, 06:47:17 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
So I guess the posters who gave up at halftime, and then again after 3, were right. Celtics had no chance.

Really great effort today. I’m not happy about either of the game-winning plays but can’t fault the fight in this team. Good to see them claw for it and pick up the D.  Philly was tough all game.

Now let’s take G5.

it was a great effort and fight for approximately half a quarter and some of OT, which is the problem with this team. they’re paid to play 48, but they never do. some folks might be ok with this approach but it will never bring a banner back to boston.

this game should have been won in the first half but tatum was a no-show and jb disappeared after a hot opening six minutes. add consistently low BBIQ in crunch time to the mix, along with a stubbornly incompetent head coach and the C’s are destined to be a very good, underachieving team. lather, rinse, repeat.

« Reply #893 on: May 07, 2023, 06:47:31 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501
Not that Smart should have been taking end of game shots, but if he did have a quicker release, like Brogdon or White, game over. Ugly/slow shooting stroke, which is why he’s low 30’%, every year from deep.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #894 on: May 07, 2023, 06:48:17 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett

Even tho we have the HCA, the momentum now belongs to Philly thanks to that debacle in game 4.

Embiid looks 100%, but so much for his Grade 1, Grade 1.5 or Grade 2 LCL injury whatever you call it.

Maddening that the C's can't put them away. Had a chance in Game 1 and let it slipped. Same thing in Game 4. But I predicted a C's in 7. Results not ending like these though.

« Reply #895 on: May 07, 2023, 06:48:34 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 380
All of you complainers are pitiful. That was a battle the whole game. No lack of effort. A few bad bounces towards the end (Tucker on air ball, D White almost stole that Harden pas in OT). But Harden was amazing. This was not on coaching. It’s basketball. Two teams are trying to win.

« Reply #896 on: May 07, 2023, 06:50:51 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
All of you complainers are pitiful. That was a battle the whole game. No lack of effort. A few bad bounces towards the end (Tucker on air ball, D White almost stole that Harden pas in OT). But Harden was amazing. This was not on coaching. It’s basketball. Two teams are trying to win.

The officiating made it a "battle". If not for players breathing on Harden or Embiid and getting a whistle, C's smoke this team tonight.

« Reply #897 on: May 07, 2023, 06:51:53 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Joe shoulda called a TO at the end of regulation.  We needed one point to win, not a 3.

Joe shoulda emphasized NO helping off of Harden or anyone at the 3.  Play straight up D and force them to tie.

Joe should called a TO at the end of OT.  I really believe it's arrogant on his part.  As if he wanted to be able to say "I trust my guys" in the post game conference. 

Just dumb coaching.  He needs to put them in a better position to win.  That's on him.

« Reply #898 on: May 07, 2023, 06:53:49 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Joe shoulda called a TO at the end of regulation.  We needed one point to win, not a 3.

Joe shoulda emphasized NO helping off of Harden or anyone at the 3.  Play straight up D and force them to tie.

Joe should called a TO at the end of OT.  I really believe it's arrogant on his part.  As if he wanted to be able to say "I trust my guys" in the post game conference. 

Just dumb coaching.  He needs to put them in a better position to win.  That's on him.

The lack of timeouts is to keep the mismatches on the floor. Harden is likely not on the court if Joe calls a timeout either time there, and the Sixers likely have a plan to double or catch the Celtics flat-footed right away on the catch.

I think no TO was the right move at the end of regulation. It's something both Brad and Ime did a lot. I'm not sure if this was the right move on the last play of the game, but their offense was doing really well attacking mismatches down the stretch and I liked the look they got (just too late). I'm not sure I like our chances any better if we have an inbounds play with 4 seconds left, those are very tough to execute. And an ATO with no shot clock and 16 seconds left is likely very similar to what ended up happening (dribble the clock out at the top of the key and get some PnR action).

« Reply #899 on: May 07, 2023, 06:54:24 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 961
76ers have momentum. They're taking Game 5. C's and Joe shot themselves on the foot, again, for the thousandth time. Put your bets on PHI to take the points next game

I honestly believe that we are going to win 5 and 6. But I don’t understand is how many people thought that it was over after 3. Again and again, we watch them blow it, but fans keep buying in, thinking it’s different. Remember the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and thinking you’ll get a different result.

We are going to win 5 and 6, because we’re better. But it’s painful.

nobody said this was over after 3

Unfortunately, I listen to sports radio occasionally.