Author Topic: Atlanta Hawks at Miami Heat GDT  (Read 7633 times)

Re: Atlanta Hawks at Miami Heat GDT
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2023, 12:00:18 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1648
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think that I'd prefer Miami.  We're better than them, so we should win the series.  At the same time, it instantly reminds the team of the intensity that they'll have to play with going forward.

The Celtics barely made it by Miami last season, and they were dealing with injuries to key players too. And let's not forget, Butler barely missed that 3 to win game 7.

BTW, when it comes to the Celtics medical staff, I don't trust them at all. So when I'm told that Jaylen will be fine come the playoffs, I don't believe the report. I truly hope he will be fine by then.

Eh.  If we can't get by Miami, we weren't winning a championship anyway.  To me, there's a lot of hand-wringing about a team that won 44 games this year and had the 25th ranked offense.

Yeah, this Celtics team is better than last year's Celtics team and this Miami team is worse than last year's Miami team.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2023, 12:28:38 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1416
(Pretend the awesome FLCeltsFan’s detailed summary is here)

Winner of this game plays the Celtics first round.

Go Hawks  :)

I was expecting you to do it! (disappointed  :(:angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2023, 12:35:04 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
The injury report has both Lowry and Straus as "Doubtful".   Oladipo I guess will play.  ATL is listed as full strength, no injuries.

I really don't care who we play.  I am not afraid of MIA though.  As others have said, they are not as good as last year.  Lowry has been hurt.  Tucker is gone.  Oladipo may not be 100%.  I guess they have added Kevin Love.

ATL on the other hand, added Murray and Bey to last years team.  I guess they lost Gallinari and Huerter.  They should be a little better, certainly not any worse. 

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2023, 12:39:07 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1869
I really don't care.  The Celtics are better than either team.  I don't like Butler for coasting this season but if the Cs play Miami, I would like to see them knock him on his ass a few times; Grant, time to step up to the plate!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2023, 12:50:31 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Rather see Atlanta because I think their players are less likely to force extra games with the Celtics.   

I think the Celtics win either way, but it is a difference of 4-5 games against the Hawks vs 6 games against the Heat.

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2023, 12:54:56 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 259
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
The injury report has both Lowry and Straus as "Doubtful".   Oladipo I guess will play.  ATL is listed as full strength, no injuries.

I really don't care who we play.  I am not afraid of MIA though.  As others have said, they are not as good as last year.  Lowry has been hurt.  Tucker is gone.  Oladipo may not be 100%.  I guess they have added Kevin Love.

ATL on the other hand, added Murray and Bey to last years team.  I guess they lost Gallinari and Huerter.  They should be a little better, certainly not any worse.

Kevin love I remember when everyone on the blog wanted him

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2023, 12:57:00 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1648
  • What a Pub Should Be

Rondo & Love were gonna carry the Celtics to banner 18.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2023, 02:16:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3063
  • On To Banner 18!

I completely forgot Lowry was even on that team lol. Outside of flopping he can't do anything anymore really.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2023, 03:41:47 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
I think that I'd prefer Miami.  We're better than them, so we should win the series.  At the same time, it instantly reminds the team of the intensity that they'll have to play with going forward.

The Celtics barely made it by Miami last season, and they were dealing with injuries to key players too. And let's not forget, Butler barely missed that 3 to win game 7.

BTW, when it comes to the Celtics medical staff, I don't trust them at all. So when I'm told that Jaylen will be fine come the playoffs, I don't believe the report. I truly hope he will be fine by then.

Eh.  If we can't get by Miami, we weren't winning a championship anyway.  To me, there's a lot of hand-wringing about a team that won 44 games this year and had the 25th ranked offense.

I think the concern is that Miami will take us  to 6 or 7 games, and that will wear the Celtics out going into next round. I don't buy it, just reporting the argument.

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2023, 04:12:15 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
I don't think it really matters who we play.  Neither team is as good as we are.  Playing either team will require us to focus and not look past them.  If we come out with intensity and focus, both series should be a 4-1 or 4-2 outcome.  Thing is we don't always focus and we don't always come out with the required intensity.

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2023, 04:33:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
So I'll admit, I keep forgetting that the team that loses the 7 vs. 8 matchup is NOT eliminated either, they still play another game against the winner of 9 vs. 10. So even if say, MIA loses tonight, they can win the next game and face MIL first round. That would be sweet  :)

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2023, 05:05:20 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
We should easily beat Miami.

Smart = Lowry
Brown > Herro
Tatum > Butler
Horford > Martin
Williams < Adebayo

And our bench is way better.

But with the coaching advantage going to the heat, and the fact we have struggled beating them for the last 3 years, it will go 7.

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2023, 05:08:23 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995

Smart = Lowry
Brown > Herro
Tatum > Butler
Horford > Martin
Williams < Adebayo

But with the coaching advantage going to the heat, and the fact we have struggled beating them for the last 3 years, it will go 7.

Smart = Lowry is terribly insulting to Smart, even with his recent struggles.

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2023, 05:09:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!

Smart = Lowry
Brown > Herro
Tatum > Butler
Horford > Martin
Williams < Adebayo

Smart = Lowry??? Huh??

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2023, 06:31:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2984

Oh how I hated that Bron Love era at Cleveland