Author Topic: What exactly is Shaqs problem with Dwight Howard?  (Read 4761 times)

Re: What exactly is Shaqs problem with Dwight Howard?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2023, 02:29:21 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Shaq: "Dwight Howard's team is 3-11 in Taiwan right now."

Chuck: "Why are you watching TV in Taiwan?"

—————————

Shaq’s level of bullying has surpassed anything Michael Jordan ever did.

I’m honestly surprised it hasn’t hurt his image as a businessman.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2023, 02:57:08 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1708
The Superman stuff started it.

Shaq is sensitive about his legacy, and he was always offended about the media hailing Dwight as "the next Shaq" or whatever.  At this point it seems like a cross between a victory lap and a failure to let go of an old, no-longer-relevant grudge. 

Shaq is a natural entertainer and a larger-than-life personality, but there's a mean-spirited little goblin in there sometimes too.  He ridiculed the crap out of JaVale McGee for a long time too, to the point where McGee felt it harmed his reputation even amongst fellow players and coaches.  I don't think Shaq really understands that his platform and celebrity are so vast that his potshots can have real negative impact on people.  Or maybe he does and he just doesn't care.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2023, 04:38:14 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
He probably sees him as a clown with an over-inflated ego.  Plus the Superman stuff.

I don’t know. Dwight’s a goofball, for sure, but that’s about the worst anyone can say about him. Seems like an alright guy.

Do more research here.  D12 is a scumbag of a human being who has routinely been hated by teammates.

I tried to research and find reasons why Howard is a scumbag but just found clickbait slideshows and unsubstantiated comments like “he’s just not a winner.”

What makes Howard a scumbag?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 04:45:12 PM by MarcusSmartFanClub »

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2023, 04:40:36 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1647
  • What a Pub Should Be
He probably sees him as a clown with an over-inflated ego.  Plus the Superman stuff.

I don’t know. Dwight’s a goofball, for sure, but that’s about the worst anyone can say about him. Seems like an alright guy.

Do more research here.  D12 is a scumbag of a human being who has routinely been hated by teammates.

I tried to research and find reasons why Howard iOS a scumbag but just found clickbait slideshows and unsubstantiated comments like “he’s just not a winner.”

Besides child abuse allegations and 5 kids with 5 different women?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2023, 04:51:21 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562

I tried to research and find reasons why Howard iOS a scumbag but just found clickbait slideshows and unsubstantiated comments like “he’s just not a winner.”

5 kids with 5 different women does not make someone a scumbag.  Child abuse is a different matter of course, though I believe it was discipline with a belt which is how a lot of kids in Dwight's up bringing were actually raised.  Similar to the Adrian Peterson switch issue.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2023, 05:00:36 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree.

Shaq is the scumbag.

Gary Payton’s recent interview with VladTV has been making the rounds thanks to a particular clip in which he said that Shaq was the ultimate “jokester” when they played together, and gave one example of the pranks he used to pull.

“We used to always play jokes,” Payton says. “Shaq is a jokester. So if one of the rookies would be in the stall, he would take a bucket and use the bathroom in it for about a week. And then all of a sudden, he would pour it on them.”
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2023, 05:03:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

5 kids with 5 different women does not make someone a scumbag.  Child abuse is a different matter of course, though I believe it was discipline with a belt which is how a lot of kids in Dwight's up bringing were actually raised.  Similar to the Adrian Peterson switch issue.

The 5-with-5 thing makes him a scumbag when he marketed himself as a devout Christian.  Also, I think he’s up to 8-with-8 now, and allegedly wasn’t paying fairly minimal child support even when in his prime.

Add that to his teammates hating him and his clown / WWE persona and it’s easy to see why he’s not embraced.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2023, 05:04:46 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1647
  • What a Pub Should Be

Whatever you say, chief.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2023, 05:46:40 PM »

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Shaq is the scumbag.

Gary Payton’s recent interview with VladTV has been making the rounds thanks to a particular clip in which he said that Shaq was the ultimate “jokester” when they played together, and gave one example of the pranks he used to pull.

“We used to always play jokes,” Payton says. “Shaq is a jokester. So if one of the rookies would be in the stall, he would take a bucket and use the bathroom in it for about a week. And then all of a sudden, he would pour it on them.”

Well I guess I just found out that Shaq was a scumbag. It also sheds some light on Payton if he thinks that is a practical joke.

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2023, 05:55:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Shaq is the scumbag.

Well I guess I just found out that Shaq was a scumbag. It also sheds some light on Payton if he thinks that is a practical joke.

Rookies on that team:  Ime Udoka, Luke Walton, Brian Cook, Maurice Carter

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2023, 06:07:49 PM »

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

The 5-with-5 thing makes him a scumbag when he marketed himself as a devout Christian.  Also, I think he’s up to 8-with-8 now, and allegedly wasn’t paying fairly minimal child support even when in his prime.

Add that to his teammates hating him and his clown / WWE persona and it’s easy to see why he’s not embraced.

I didn’t originally see child abuse or lack of childcare payments. If that’s true then yes, he sucks.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2023, 06:27:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!
Shaq is extremely sensitive and can't take any criticisms/jokes. Even on TNT, every time someone makes a joke about him or something, he defaults to bringing up his rings. I respect guys like Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, etc. who have no problem taking a joke even if the joke is about them.

Shaq is just one of those guys who can dish it, but can't take it.

Now Dwight Howard also has his history, I get it. But Dwight doesn't even say much to Shaq directly either. Shaq just hates that Howard uses the "superman" thing but it's becoming a weird obsession. 

I think Shaq would be better off just not talking about it anymore even if he has the urge. Howard's basically done in the NBA as is, and basically just off everyone's radar.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2023, 06:28:46 PM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398

Roy well said. I swear I read the strangest takes on this forum that I see anywhere else on the internet. Does anyone on here even know a person in real life that has kids with 3 women? Let alone 8? In what scenario could someone not be a scumbag with this many kids? Are they spending one night with each kid per week and visiting 7 different households?

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2023, 06:30:59 PM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398

I didn’t originally see child abuse or lack of childcare payments. If that’s true then yes, he sucks.

Tp for being able to change your perspective with new info. You don’t often see it on the internet.

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2023, 06:46:18 PM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
  • International Superstar
The Superman stuff started it.

Shaq is sensitive about his legacy, and he was always offended about the media hailing Dwight as "the next Shaq" or whatever.  At this point it seems like a cross between a victory lap and a failure to let go of an old, no-longer-relevant grudge. 

Shaq is a natural entertainer and a larger-than-life personality, but there's a mean-spirited little goblin in there sometimes too.  He ridiculed the crap out of JaVale McGee for a long time too, to the point where McGee felt it harmed his reputation even amongst fellow players and coaches.  I don't think Shaq really understands that his platform and celebrity are so vast that his potshots can have real negative impact on people.  Or maybe he does and he just doesn't care.

Correct. He definitely knows - these guys are nothing if not hyper-competitive about everything. Dwight was Orlando's next franchise center? And Shaq held his game up to a microscope? Colour me shocked.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.