Author Topic: Magic (9-20) at Celtics (22-7) Game#30 12/16/22  (Read 14159 times)

Re: Magic (9-20) at Celtics (22-7) Game#30 12/16/22
« Reply #300 on: December 17, 2022, 10:02:26 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2573
Team with height is are downfall..that’s why I think Milwaukee are favorites in my eyes

Not necessarily height but a team with size and length at the wing spots have given us trouble lately (GSW, Clippers)

I wont worry much about teams with double bigs once Rob and Al can play together for long minutes again.
Who would that be on Orlando? Cole Anthony is short yet he went off to put the game away, sometimes while being guarded by Tatum.
Both Wagners, and Banchero were threats all game long. Magic bench crushed C's bench. The wings and mobile bigs feasted on rebs and drew fouls all night. Anthony was solid but he wasn't the main guy. He just had a few moments.

I’ll be surprised but will begin sky-falling thoughts if Celtics lose on Sunday.  But… I expect that will not happen. Celtics by 22.

Re: Magic (9-20) at Celtics (22-7) Game#30 12/16/22
« Reply #301 on: December 17, 2022, 11:03:34 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Team with height is are downfall..that’s why I think Milwaukee are favorites in my eyes

Not necessarily height but a team with size and length at the wing spots have given us trouble lately (GSW, Clippers)

I wont worry much about teams with double bigs once Rob and Al can play together for long minutes again.
Who would that be on Orlando? Cole Anthony is short yet he went off to put the game away, sometimes while being guarded by Tatum.
Both Wagners, and Banchero were threats all game long. Magic bench crushed C's bench. The wings and mobile bigs feasted on rebs and drew fouls all night. Anthony was solid but he wasn't the main guy. He just had a few moments.

I’ll be surprised but will begin sky-falling thoughts if Celtics lose on Sunday.  But… I expect that will not happen. Celtics by 22.
I actually like these recent loses. This team though a contender isn't at its peak and doesn't have a championship mentality despite it's talent. Getting smacked and counter punch is necessary to build a strong resilience that clearly the team currently lacks. They do great when they have a chip on their shoulder (have for years). They don't do so great when they feel they have it in the bag already. They need to want to be great not simply be recognized.