Author Topic: NFL 2022 Season  (Read 121058 times)

Re: NFL 2022 Season
« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2022, 10:39:45 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Yikes.  Best wishes to Tua on that one.

That was awful. The fingers curling… I’ve never seen anything like that.
Seen it from fighters who have been knockout a few too many times. Their body locks up in weird positions. This is probably due to last week. He should take a month off at least. Some boxers take a year off if knocked out twice in a row or straight retire.

« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2022, 10:46:18 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Man there's no denying what a monster addition Tyreek Hill was for the Dolphins. He's having a huge impact and he just adds another element to that offense which makes them very dangerous.

Amazing what a stud receiver can do for a team. And amazing how virtually every team in the league is willing to spend — either in draft capital or cap space — to get such a receiver … except New England. Hill, Diggs, Beckham, Cooper, Woods, Watkins, AJ Brown — all changed teams in recent years, and New England just watched.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2022, 10:52:20 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1478

Seen it from fighters who have been knockout a few too many times. Their body locks up in weird positions. This is probably due to last week. He should take a month off at least. Some boxers take a year off if knocked out twice in a row or straight retire.

There is no way he should have been in the game tonight after looking like this 4 days ago. That’s really bad and there should be an investigation by the league.

https://twitter.com/cbanksburner/status/1575664521212936193?s=20&t=hV2DLR_4yZWGmgwtd4AbuQ

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2022, 10:53:30 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1561

There is no way he should have been in the game tonight after looking like this 4 days ago. That’s really bad and there should be an investigation by the league.

https://twitter.com/cbanksburner/status/1575664521212936193?s=20&t=hV2DLR_4yZWGmgwtd4AbuQ
They've said it was his back and he was never in concussion protocol. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2022, 10:56:57 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
It wasn't that long ago that teams wouldn't just stroll out kickers for 57 yarders.  Seems common these days and they are actually made enough of the time to keep doing it.

« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2022, 10:57:01 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley

“They” as in the Dolphins medical team? He was out on his feet.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2022, 11:05:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I've seen a guy slip a disc in his upper back and go down just like Tua did.

« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2022, 11:16:04 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Yep.  He also played in that game after that.  The Dolphins aren't going to violate concussion protocol so visibly like that.  So yes, I do believe it was his back.

« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2022, 11:25:44 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley

Yep.  He also played in that game after that.  The Dolphins aren't going to violate concussion protocol so visibly like that.  So yes, I do believe it was his back.

His head snapped back and hit the ground during that play on Sunday. He got up, shook his head as if trying to get the cobwebs out.  Then stumbled several times, as his legs were giving out and then had to be held up by teammates. Looked exactly like a boxer when they are trying to walk after getting knocked out. I don’t buy that it was back injury at all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d5c_zR85ca4
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 11:41:33 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #204 on: September 30, 2022, 12:02:50 AM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397

Perhaps the strongest example yet of when the forum doesn’t need a contrarian take.

« Reply #205 on: September 30, 2022, 12:05:26 AM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
https://twitter.com/chrisnowinski1/status/1575661641584508928?s=46&t=NQB7ZQZ8p6SFwHMBKs9hYA

One of the biggest and most respected experts in the country on concussions.

« Reply #206 on: September 30, 2022, 12:07:10 AM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
This is not the topic to be that guy on

https://twitter.com/oscarnuwati/status/1534537328043204610?s=46&t=NQB7ZQZ8p6SFwHMBKs9hYA

I really hope Tua is ok.

« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2022, 02:03:54 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1019
Man there's no denying what a monster addition Tyreek Hill was for the Dolphins. He's having a huge impact and he just adds another element to that offense which makes them very dangerous.

Amazing what a stud receiver can do for a team. And amazing how virtually every team in the league is willing to spend — either in draft capital or cap space — to get such a receiver … except New England. Hill, Diggs, Beckham, Cooper, Woods, Watkins, AJ Brown — all changed teams in recent years, and New England just watched.

Pats got Mohamed Sanu, N'Keal Harry, Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown to impress with back in the whacky days lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2022, 08:14:45 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

They as in the Dolphins team AND the independent doctor that the NFL puts on sidelines for that exact reason.

In Sunday's win over the Buffalo Bills, Tagovailoa underwent concussion evaluations at halftime after he hit his head on the ground and then stumbled while trying to return to the huddle. The team initially listed him as questionable to return because of a head injury but later said it was a back injury that caused him to stumble. Tagovailoa said later in the week that he passed every evaluation he took before ultimately returning to the game.

McDaniel, asked whether he knew with 100% certainty that Tagovailoa was not concussed after Sunday's game, said yes, and noted that Tagovailoa was cleared by an independent neurologist.

"People don't stray. We don't mess with that. As long as I'm the head coach, that will never be an issue," McDaniel said.

Asked whether there was anything he could have done differently following the Bills game, McDaniel said: "Absolutely zero patience for or will ever put a player in position for them to be in harm's way. That's not what I'm about at all. No outcome of a game would influence me to be irresponsible as a head coach of a football team."

Don't get me wrong, teams lie all of time, I just have a hard time believing they would be lying about something that is so easy to verify, you know like he was cleared by the independent neurologist.  Now could Tua have fudged the results to trick the doctor, maybe, but those independent doctors the league hires know that players will try to do that, so I'd like to think they are prepared for that. 

It is always unfortunate when players get hurt, especially with things like the head, but this isn't the 80's anymore.  Teams and players are all well aware of the impact a head injury can have, and they do take it seriously.  The league does as well by placing the independent doctors at every game to ensure that the protocols are followed and the players are protected from themselves and their teams. 

« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2022, 08:25:07 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1633
  • What a Pub Should Be
FWIW

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/29/demaurice-smith-vows-to-pursue-every-legal-option-regarding-the-handling-of-tua-tagovailoa-on-sunday/

The biggest concern emerging from Thursday night’s game between the Dolphins and Bengals is whether Miami quarterback Tua Tagovailoa should have been playing.

As explained by Michael Smith on the Amazon postgame show, NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith texted to Andrew Whitworth (a former NFLPA player rep) and Richard Sherman (a member of the NFLPA executive committee) the following message: “We insisted on these rules to avoid exactly this scenario. We will pursue every legal option, including making referrals against the doctors to licensing agencies and the team that is obligated to keep our players safe.”

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team