Author Topic: Derek Chauvin Trial  (Read 8039 times)

BruceBanner18, tazzmaniac and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Derek Chauvin Trial
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2021, 06:11:05 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -26951
  • Once A CrotoNat, Always A CrotoNat
half-chewed speedball pill in patrol car with George Floyd's DNA on it.

The evidence is beginning to suggest that Floyd ingested a lethal dose of drugs as police were making contact with him.

Is that why they applied pressure to his neck for four minutes after he passed out?  Is it why they never checked his pulse or breathing, as their first responder duties require?
I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2021, 06:17:21 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 1343
  • What a Pub Should Be

The evidence is beginning to suggest that Floyd ingested a lethal dose of drugs as police were making contact with him.

Is that why they applied pressure to his neck for four minutes after he passed out?  Is it why they never checked his pulse or breathing, as their first responder duties require?

If he was OD'ing is it standard practice to continue to keep pressure on his neck?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2021, 06:17:54 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 1343
  • What a Pub Should Be

You do realize your old username isn't banned, right?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2021, 06:26:55 PM »

Offline fmbl24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11

You do realize your old username isn't banned, right?

How do I log back into it? I’ve tried everything.

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2021, 06:33:28 PM »

Offline fmbl24

• Payton Pritchard

Like I said that’s my problem with what transpired. But we have to keep in mind, this is the height of the covid panic, Floyd stated to officers that he had the virus. Could that have had something to do with my they were waiting for EMS? Perhaps they had more adequate PPE?

It is inconceivable to me that they didn’t transition over to act as first responders, so I’m trying to consider the full scope of the situation.

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2021, 06:35:12 PM »

Offline fmbl24

• Payton Pritchard
If someone could help me get back into my old username I would appreciate it

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2021, 11:01:04 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2748
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

My understanding is that nobody on the stand is saying there was anywhere near lethal doses found in those pills.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2021, 02:43:08 AM »

Offline Erik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 204
  • The voice of reason
There doesn’t have to be. The lethal amount was found in his system. He just had another pill in the car. He also had COVID. He also tried every excuse there is to avoid being arrested. This gives Chauvin the defense “how was I supposed to believe him not being able to breathe due to panic attack, OD, heart attack, whatever was happening, when he was evading arrest from the start.” Remember the official cause of death was cardiac arrest, not asphyxiation. He also said he couldn’t breathe well before the neck restraint.

This isn’t open and shut. There is a serious chance he walks.

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2021, 07:35:12 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -26951
  • Once A CrotoNat, Always A CrotoNat
This gives Chauvin the defense “how was I supposed to believe him not being able to breathe due to panic attack, OD, heart attack, whatever was happening, when he was evading arrest from the start.”

To answer:  by looking down to where his knee was.  If the man pinned underneath him was unconscious and not breathing, it should have been a clear indication of actual distress.
I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2021, 09:23:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 1208
This gives Chauvin the defense “how was I supposed to believe him not being able to breathe due to panic attack, OD, heart attack, whatever was happening, when he was evading arrest from the start.”

To answer:  by looking down to where his knee was.  If the man pinned underneath him was unconscious and not breathing, it should have been a clear indication of actual distress.
yep.  pretty clearly a case of manslaughter if not straight up homicide.  There is no excuse to continue that position.  There is no excuse to not provide medical treatment when he was in clear medical distress.   
2021 Historical Draft - 5th Pick - Raptors
PG - Tiny Archibald 73, Don Buse 77, Terrell Brandon 96
SG - Chet Walker 67, Michael Cooper 87, Raja Bell 06
SF - Predrag "Peja" Stojakovic 04, Kiki Vandeweghe 87, Robert Covington 18
PF - Karl Malone 97, Spencer Haywood 73, David West 08
C - Ben Wallace 04, George Mikan 50, Al Jefferson 08

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2021, 09:59:19 AM »

Online gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1075
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
There doesn’t have to be. The lethal amount was found in his system. He just had another pill in the car. He also had COVID. He also tried every excuse there is to avoid being arrested. This gives Chauvin the defense “how was I supposed to believe him not being able to breathe due to panic attack, OD, heart attack, whatever was happening, when he was evading arrest from the start.” Remember the official cause of death was cardiac arrest, not asphyxiation. He also said he couldn’t breathe well before the neck restraint.

Only in the legal system of a failed state
Fire Brad & Trade Smart

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2021, 02:06:38 PM »

Offline Erik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 204
  • The voice of reason
Doesn't a manslaughter or homicide ruling require proof that he killed GF beyond a reasonable doubt ?

Are you all 100% convinced that he killed Floyd and it wasn't a heart attack due to OD, excitement of arrest, previous heart conditions (when the cause of death wasn't asphyxiation), or is he just a bad cop, bad first responder, bad human being, etc?

And then how do they prove it?

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2021, 02:30:37 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 952
Doesn't a manslaughter or homicide ruling require proof that he killed GF beyond a reasonable doubt ?

Are you all 100% convinced that he killed Floyd and it wasn't a heart attack due to OD, excitement of arrest, previous heart conditions (when the cause of death wasn't asphyxiation), or is he just a bad cop, bad first responder, bad human being, etc?

That's like pushing someone off a cliff then saying they had a heart attack on the way down, or that they were leaning towards the ledge and might have fallen anyways.

Kneeling on someone's neck while they are prone and handcuffed - and basically helpless - is a form of execution.

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2021, 02:34:49 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 478

Only in the legal system of a failed state
Nonsense.  Our system is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  The prosecution has the burden of proof.  The defense does not. 

People jumping to conclusion of guilt before a trial is complete is just wrong and especially when they are doing so from media reports.  And again conviction is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt which is a much higher bar than most people are using. 

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2021, 02:37:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 1208

you have no understanding of the legal elements required to convict someone for manslaughter or homicide and that seems to be the fundamental problem with your posting in this thread. 
2021 Historical Draft - 5th Pick - Raptors
PG - Tiny Archibald 73, Don Buse 77, Terrell Brandon 96
SG - Chet Walker 67, Michael Cooper 87, Raja Bell 06
SF - Predrag "Peja" Stojakovic 04, Kiki Vandeweghe 87, Robert Covington 18
PF - Karl Malone 97, Spencer Haywood 73, David West 08
C - Ben Wallace 04, George Mikan 50, Al Jefferson 08