Author Topic: Celtics (12-10) at Jazz (19-5) Game #23 2/9/21  (Read 22119 times)

Re: Celtics (12-10) at Jazz (19-5) Game #23 2/9/21
« Reply #300 on: February 10, 2021, 02:16:36 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 382
Jazz were in the penalty,like 4 minutes into the 4th...How we gonna win games with an absolutely WORTHLESS Kemba Walker....huge liability tonight...stupid play late in the game, we're down 4, all he has to do is block Gobert out from grabbing a ball going out of bounds and he jumps and fumbles it himself---Jazz inbound and hit 3 pointer--End of Game right there...Dude should just retire.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2021, 02:26:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Jazz were in the penalty,like 4 minutes into the 4th...How we gonna win games with an absolutely WORTHLESS Kemba Walker....huge liability tonight...stupid play late in the game, we're down 4, all he has to do is block Gobert out from grabbing a ball going out of bounds and he jumps and fumbles it himself---Jazz inbound and hit 3 pointer--End of Game right there...Dude should just retire.

A little harsh

I feel bad for the little guy.  He really should be coming off the bench imo.  Just to buy some time

« Reply #302 on: February 10, 2021, 03:03:44 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 433
Still don’t know why a lot of ppl are fascinated with Robert Williams..3rd stringer at best..has a good game or 2 out of 10 and ppl go nuts about him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2021, 07:08:38 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Still don’t know why a lot of ppl are fascinated with Robert Williams..3rd stringer at best..has a good game or 2 out of 10 and ppl go nuts about him
If Danny had drafted Jared Allen those same fans would think he’s the next bill Russell lol ... they will forget about Timelord when Danny drafts them another tall kid

« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2021, 07:10:10 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I can't think of another top team, don't even know if that includes The Celtics at this point but, that has as much deadwood on the roster as these Celtics.
Danny has been sabotaging the Js for a few seasons now

« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2021, 08:21:55 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3059
  • On To Banner 18!
We know the Jazz are a good team. But I think the C's are unfortunately proving to be a mere middle of the pack team. Sure, they'll win a handful of games and could make a little noise in the playoffs. But I'd be stunned if they made it to the ECF, considering to even get there they'll definitely have to beat 1 (or 2) of Milwaukee/Philly/Brooklyn to even get there, and this team just doesn't seem built to do that. Maybe if we were fully healthy we'd have as shot.

They are the kind of team that'll beat a bunch of bad teams but struggle against good ones. And the sad part is, it's not always because the other team is better, but the C's shoot themselves in the foot at times with their flaws/inconsistencies.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #306 on: February 10, 2021, 10:00:50 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
We know the Jazz are a good team. But I think the C's are unfortunately proving to be a mere middle of the pack team. Sure, they'll win a handful of games and could make a little noise in the playoffs. But I'd be stunned if they made it to the ECF, considering to even get there they'll definitely have to beat 1 (or 2) of Milwaukee/Philly/Brooklyn to even get there, and this team just doesn't seem built to do that. Maybe if we were fully healthy we'd have as shot.

They are the kind of team that'll beat a bunch of bad teams but struggle against good ones. And the sad part is, it's not always because the other team is better, but the C's shoot themselves in the foot at times with their flaws/inconsistencies.

No -- people are putting way too much importance on the team's W-L record early in the season. A period where Boston has had many injury issues including their All-Star PG who has yet to find his form since returning from injury.

Be patient. Let the team find it's feet.

Things will pick up. This is a very talented ball club.

« Reply #307 on: February 10, 2021, 10:38:42 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 575

No -- people are putting way too much importance on the team's W-L record early in the season. A period where Boston has had many injury issues including their All-Star PG who has yet to find his form since returning from injury.

But is it a very talented team? Is it even a better than average team?

Yes, Tatum and Brown are excellent players. Maybe top 20 in the league, but what about the rest of the team.

I love Kemba. He has a great attitude, excellent team mate, but he's been worse than awful since his knee problems began last year. He was really bad in the bubble last year, and hasn't been able to hit a shot this year. Nor getting many assists either. I really can't remember a player getting blocked at the rim as much as he has. I hope he recovers, but I have my doubts.

Smart, while a perennial all- defensive team member, and a decent passer, will never be a good shooter, and you can pretty much guarantee will still force up a bunch of bad shots and make at least 3-5 dumb plays per game.   

I like Theis, a decent role player who does a lot of the dirty work as well as appears to have developed as a 3 point shooter. He also must lead the league in fouls.

Not sure what you got after that. Time Lord, might develop into a good back up center, but not really seeing him being much more than that.

I do like Prichard. I think he can be a better than average back up point guard.

Haven't really seen enough of Nesmith to tell. The fact he can't get on the court with the bunch in front of him give me concern.

Langford, who knows. He's always hurt. Maybe??

Grant, Semi, and the rest are nothing more than 9-15th men on the roster. 

I almost forgot their 2 free agent signings. Teague is beyond worthless. Thomson, while playing better lately is not going to make me happy they passed on Turner.

I just don't see the talent you see.

« Reply #308 on: February 10, 2021, 11:00:59 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
A first round exit is what this team is right now.

I really admire how the Jazz are playing..they have all the right tools to dethrone the Fakers(and i hope they do)...their shooting and spacing for Mitchell is jus phenomenal..they could have easily won by 20 or more had they not miss a lot of open threes.

Our team is not achieving anything unless Kemba comes back to being at least an 18ppg scorer...right now he is beyond terrible.

« Reply #309 on: February 10, 2021, 11:10:14 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
A first round exit is what this team is right now.

I really admire how the Jazz are playing..they have all the right tools to dethrone the Fakers(and i hope they do)...their shooting and spacing for Mitchell is jus phenomenal..they could have easily won by 20 or more had they not miss a lot of open threes.

Our team is not achieving anything unless Kemba comes back to being at least an 18ppg scorer...right now he is beyond terrible.

The Jazz really are something - smothering defense and they just generate so many open 3s. If we weren't able to knock down some 3s at opportune times, we would have been blown out of the building. They were also missing an All-Star candidate in Conley.

Kemba is still really our only hope so I have no problem with Brad force-feeding him minutes. I know there was a chemistry problem with Hayward when they did this with Hayward, but who is going to get angry? Jeff Teague? If we are going to bench Kemba, we might as well tank now - the rest of our roster just isn't good enough outside of the Jays.

Unless we are acquiring a true future upside player like John Collins, I don't even really care if we use the TPE this season. We absolutely can't go over the tax with with this roster and I highly doubt Thad Young or even Barnes is really going to make us a contender.

« Reply #310 on: February 10, 2021, 11:12:19 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I complete agreement.   Just look at the team pre-Covid issues vs. post Covid issues.   

Pre, there was some consistency and a better record.   Since, it has been a revolving door.