Author Topic: Trump as Lame-Duck  (Read 3252 times)

Re: Trump as Lame-Duck
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2020, 05:08:17 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
  • 2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers
All I know is that on Jan 20 2021 I'll be humming my favorite Ray Charles song..............

Georgia?

"WHAT YOU SAY!?" lol

But I can go for "Georgia", too - another classic.

Here's hoping that Rev. Warnock defeats that flake Loefller, too. She's a Grade A Clown.

Thanks for the video GF.   I’m a huge fan of “The Genius”. 

I thought “Georgia on My Mind” first.  But hit the road, Donald works!!

The shame in it all is that I "DID" have HIGH HOPES for Pres. Trump.

I recalled him stating during his inauguration that he noted the division in the country but he PROMISED to bring us together.

Pres. Trump "DID" enamor me with his charisma...I liked the way he talked....seemed like he was going to do some things.

I held him to his promise - at least until 2017. I gave him a chance - as Pres. Obama ASKED America to do.

He had his shot.

I was NEVER a "Never-Trumper" lol. I gave him a chance.

Now it's time for him to give Joe and Kamala theirs.
2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers:
C- Marc Gasol(16-17)Jeff Ruland(83-84)Theo Ratliff(00-01)
PF- Dan Roundfield(79-80)Paul Milsap(14-15)Dino Radja(95-96)
SF- Dan Marjerle(92-93)Rashard Lewis(08-09)Jalen Rose(99-00)
SG- Reggie Lewis(91-92)World B. Free(78-79)Dell Curry(93-94)
PG- Steve Nash(05-06)Fat Lever(87-88)Tony Allen(12-13)

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2020, 06:09:08 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1909
All I know is that on Jan 20 2021 I'll be humming my favorite Ray Charles song..............

Georgia?

"WHAT YOU SAY!?" lol

Here's hoping that Rev. Warnock defeats that flake Loefller, too. She's a Grade A Clown.

I recalled him stating during his inauguration that he noted the division in the country but he PROMISED to bring us together.

Pres. Trump "DID" enamor me with his charisma...I liked the way he talked....seemed like he was going to do some things.

I held him to his promise - at least until 2017. I gave him a chance - as Pres. Obama ASKED America to do.

He had his shot.

Amazingly this country elected as its president a man who is incapable of placing his own needs aside to prioritize the needs of the country.  Magnanimity is not his makeup.  Giving Joe and Kamala a chance is anathema to his very being because it requires him to accept an outcome that he cannot accept.  He’ll claim widespread fraud and a rigged election for the rest of his life.  He’ll do so with no evidence- as he has done for the past month. 

Those who previously have resisted thinking of DJT as mentally unwell and unfit for the job we elected him to should take note at what is happening daily.    With NO EVIDENCE our president is telling the world EVERY DAY that American democracy is a farce.  Our president is shouting this to the world!    This should be shocking to every one of us.  There can be no better evidence of what people have been saying for 4 years about his narcissism.  It’s on display.  It’s every day.  74 million people need to wake up, pay attention, and be righteous witnesses to it.  And as they do, they can remind themselves  that while his focus remains on his nurturing his own fragile ego, as his focus remains on convincing the world that American democracy is a farce.... more than 200k people are diagnosed with Covid every day and more 2000 people are dying of Covid every day.  Watch his focus.  See the illness.  The 74 million need to wake up.  It’s on display. Open your eyes.

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2020, 06:34:59 PM »

Offline celts10

• Kemba Walker
  • Tommy Points: 24
Why do you give him credit?  I bet he was chomping at the bit to start a war, any war, but was talked out of it by actual adults in the room.

T deserves no credit for anything, he is a purely destructive force.  The vaccine would have been developed anyway.

How many wars has Trump gotten the US involved in? None. Trump is anti-war. Biden, like Obama and Bush, is a warmonger. His 47-year history in Congress and as VP clearly shows that. I'll take the candidate that promotes peace over war every time.

On the OTHER hand Trump's time in office has frayed international relations with our allies, he's sown division and discourse at home, set a pee-poor example for leadership with his Mask-mocking and events flouting CDC guidelines......among other things.

You say "Tomato", I say "Tomahto".

The bottom line is that despite his childish behavior, Trump kept us out of any new wars for four years. If nothing else, he deserves credit for being the first POTUS in my lifetime that didn’t get our military involved in other peoples’ problems.

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2020, 07:18:07 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 572

Georgia?

"WHAT YOU SAY!?" lol

He had his shot.

Amazingly this country elected as its president a man who is incapable of placing his own needs aside to prioritize the needs of the country.  Magnanimity is not his makeup.  Giving Joe and Kamala a chance is anathema to his very being because it requires him to accept an outcome that he cannot accept.  He’ll claim widespread fraud and a rigged election for the rest of his life. He’ll do so with no evidence- as he has done for the past month. 

Those who previously have resisted thinking of DJT as mentally unwell and unfit for the job we elected him to should take note at what is happening daily.    With NO EVIDENCE our president is telling the world EVERY DAY that American democracy is a farce.  Our president is shouting this to the world!    This should be shocking to every one of us.  There can be no better evidence of what people have been saying for 4 years about his narcissism.  It’s on display.  It’s every day.  74 million people need to wake up, pay attention, and be righteous witnesses to it.  And as they do, they can remind themselves  that while his focus remains on his nurturing his own fragile ego, as his focus remains on convincing the world that American democracy is a farce.... more than 200k people are diagnosed with Covid every day and more 2000 people are dying of Covid every day.  Watch his focus.  See the illness.  The 74 million need to wake up.  It’s on display. Open your eyes.

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2020, 07:23:01 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 572
Eh, Trump is just looking to further enrich himself. That was his whole reason for all of this in the first place. At this point he's just milking his dopey followers. A fool and their money are easily parted.

He's raised quite a bit of money so far. I agree, at this point it's all about the Benjamins.

President Trump’s political operation has raised more than $170 million since Election Day, using a blizzard of misleading appeals about the election to shatter fundraising records set during the campaign, according to people with knowledge of the contributions.

The influx of political donations is one reason that Trump and some allies are inclined to continue a legal onslaught and public relations blitz focused on baseless claims of election fraud, even as their attempts have repeatedly failed in court and as key states continue to certify wins for President-elect Joe Biden.

Much of the money raised since the election is likely to go into an account for the president to use on political activities after he leaves office, while some of the contributions will go toward what is left of the legal fight.

The surge of contributions has come largely from small-dollar donors, campaign officials say, tapping into the president’s base of loyal and fervent financial supporters, who tend to contribute the most when they feel the president is under siege or facing unfair political attacks. The campaign has sent nearly 500 post-election fundraising pitches to donors, often with hyperbolic language about voter fraud and the like.

“I need you now more than ever,” says one recent email that claims to be from the president. “The Recount Results were BOGUS,” another email subject line reads.

“Our democracy and freedom is at risk like never before, which is why I’m reaching out to you now with an URGENT request,” reads an email to donors from Vice President Pence. “President Trump and I need our STRONGEST supporters, like YOU, to join the Election Defense Task Force. This group will be responsible for DEFENDING the Election from voter fraud, and we really need you to step up to the front lines of this battle.”

The donations are purportedly being solicited for the Official Election Defense Fund, whose name is featured prominently atop the Trump campaign’s website.

There is no such account, however. The fundraising requests are being made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a joint fundraising effort of the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee. As of Nov. 18, that committee also shares its funds with Save America, a new leadership PAC that Trump set up in early November and that he can use to fund his activities after the presidency.

According to the fine print in the latest fundraising appeals, 75 percent of each contribution to the joint fundraising committee would first go toward the Save America leadership PAC and the rest would be shared with the party committee to help with the party’s operating expenses. This effectively means that the vast majority of low-dollar donations under the agreement would go toward financing the president’s new leadership PAC, instead of buttressing efforts to support the party or to finance voting lawsuits.

“Small donors who give to Trump thinking they are financing an ‘official election defense fund’ are in fact helping pay down the Trump campaign’s debt or funding his post-presidential political operation,” said Brendan Fischer, who directs federal regulatory work at the Campaign Legal Center, which supports greater restrictions on money in politics. “The average donor who gives in response to Trump’s appeal for funds to ‘stop the fraud’ likely doesn’t realize that their money is actually retiring Trump’s debt or funding his leadership PAC.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raises-more-than-150-million-appealing-to-false-election-claims/2020/11/30/82e922e6-3347-11eb-afe6-e4dbee9689f8_story.html

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2020, 09:05:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
  • 2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers
Why do you give him credit?  I bet he was chomping at the bit to start a war, any war, but was talked out of it by actual adults in the room.

T deserves no credit for anything, he is a purely destructive force.  The vaccine would have been developed anyway.

How many wars has Trump gotten the US involved in? None. Trump is anti-war. Biden, like Obama and Bush, is a warmonger. His 47-year history in Congress and as VP clearly shows that. I'll take the candidate that promotes peace over war every time.

On the OTHER hand Trump's time in office has frayed international relations with our allies, he's sown division and discourse at home, set a pee-poor example for leadership with his Mask-mocking and events flouting CDC guidelines......among other things.

You say "Tomato", I say "Tomahto".

The bottom line is that despite his childish behavior, Trump kept us out of any new wars for four years. If nothing else, he deserves credit for being the first POTUS in my lifetime that didn’t get our military involved in other peoples’ problems.

To be frank I'll give God more credit for keeping us out of World War IV than Pres. Trump......God, VP Pence and any other advisors who were able to guide him and give him counsel.

God is Good - all the time - even when we're not.
2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers:
C- Marc Gasol(16-17)Jeff Ruland(83-84)Theo Ratliff(00-01)
PF- Dan Roundfield(79-80)Paul Milsap(14-15)Dino Radja(95-96)
SF- Dan Marjerle(92-93)Rashard Lewis(08-09)Jalen Rose(99-00)
SG- Reggie Lewis(91-92)World B. Free(78-79)Dell Curry(93-94)
PG- Steve Nash(05-06)Fat Lever(87-88)Tony Allen(12-13)