Author Topic: Trump as Lame-Duck  (Read 3329 times)

Re: Trump as Lame-Duck
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2020, 08:21:48 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Did we add this to the list of what seems to be on his lame-duck agenda?

• Sucking more money from the suckers who have bought into his con.
He's raised, as of yesterday, some $170M in contributions toward his 'fight to save the election'.

But the fine print of that effort is that almost all of that money (or whatever is left after paying Rudy Giuliani & crew for his losing legal efforts) can be (and will) be shifted to Trumps campaign fund for 2020 ... which can essentially be spent however he sees fit.

This is probably one of the main reasons he keeps repeating his lies about the election.   The longer he keeps maintaining the election was 'rigged' and 'fraudulent', the longer he can keep getting suckers loyal followers to donate.

It's a masterful con, taking millions of victims for a ride.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2020, 08:23:32 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 357
I'd say Trump has some anti-interventionism in his blood....along with his base, but Trump would throw that out if it kept him in power.  If the story is correct just last week Pence and others had to reject Trump's idea of attacking Iran as he seeks ways to stay in power.

As far as foreign policy, Trump's base should love Obama, who was one of the very few Senators with the guts (and sense) to vote against the Iraq war, which spawned Isis and made the crisis in Syria all the more deadly and tragic, and made it necessary to keep troops there much longer.

Obama for the most part, in bi-partisan fashion, followed the advice of his military.  He had Chuck Hegel, a Republican, as his defense secretary for a while (or was it Sec. of State?), which was not the only example of his bipartisanship.  Keeping troops in a war torn region after getting elected is not the same as being an interventionist like George W. Bush.

People should differentiate and not lump Obama in with the Dick Cheney's of the world. 

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2020, 08:52:41 PM »

Online Ogaju

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1457
I'd say Trump has some anti-interventionism in his blood....along with his base, but Trump would throw that out if it kept him in power.  If the story is correct just last week Pence and others had to reject Trump's idea of attacking Iran as he seeks ways to stay in power.

As far as foreign policy, Trump's base should love Obama, who was one of the very few Senators with the guts (and sense) to vote against the Iraq war, which spawned Isis and made the crisis in Syria all the more deadly and tragic, and made it necessary to keep troops there much longer.

Obama for the most part, in bi-partisan fashion, followed the advice of his military.  He had Chuck Hegel, a Republican, as his defense secretary for a while (or was it Sec. of State?), which was not the only example of his bipartisanship.  Keeping troops in a war torn region after getting elected is not the same as being an interventionist like George W. Bush.

People should differentiate and not lump Obama in with the Dick Cheney's of the world.

Obama did not vote against the Iraq war. He did not have the opportunity because he was not in the US Senate at the time of the vote. He was in Chicago where it was convernient for him to speak against the war when he did not really have to cast a vote.

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2020, 09:40:40 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 357

Obama did not vote against the Iraq war. He did not have the opportunity because he was not in the US Senate at the time of the vote. He was in Chicago where it was convernient for him to speak against the war when he did not really have to cast a vote.

oh thank you!  Mis-remembered...guess I'm confusing him with Bernie. 

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2020, 09:47:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1539
Eh, Trump is just looking to further enrich himself. That was his whole reason for all of this in the first place. At this point he's just milking his dopey followers. A fool and their money are easily parted.

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2020, 12:33:16 AM »

Offline CaNdyMaN1369

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 121
I don't care one iota about giving Trump credit.  If I thought he'd go away quietly and never be heard from again, I'd give him a Nobel prize.  No wars -- great.  Vaccine quick -- fantastic (I don't care whether he was or wasn't responsible for the quickness - I'll credit him).   Credit for stock market rise -- fine with me.  Just go away please.

He is going to feel great about what he did for this country regardless of what he actually did for (to) this country.

The greatest thing about America is that it will survive Trump.  We are a bit worse for wear, but when January 20th arrives we'll be on the road to recovery.

America survives EVERY president...             ;)          Good or Bad         :police:              Democrat or Republican...

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2020, 05:04:41 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1909
I don't care one iota about giving Trump credit.  If I thought he'd go away quietly and never be heard from again, I'd give him a Nobel prize.  No wars -- great.  Vaccine quick -- fantastic (I don't care whether he was or wasn't responsible for the quickness - I'll credit him).   Credit for stock market rise -- fine with me.  Just go away please.

He is going to feel great about what he did for this country regardless of what he actually did for (to) this country.

The greatest thing about America is that it will survive Trump.  We are a bit worse for wear, but when January 20th arrives we'll be on the road to recovery.

America survives EVERY president...             ;)          Good or Bad         :police:              Democrat or Republican...

250 years isn’t an eternity, and America has been on the verge of failure a few times, but it’s resilience as a democratic republic is part of its greatness as a nation.   Surviving Trump is not a fete accompli as yet.  Trump is doing all he can at this moment to throw our democracy under the bus. And Trump pardonee General Mike Flynn has called for martial law suggesting a coup to overturn a fair and legal election — and Trump doesn’t appear to be dissuading him from the idea. We’ll see over the next 6 weeks if people do or don’t take up arms.   In the meantime, Trump actively  resists the transition process, avoids addressing the millions unemployed, makes no mention of an overrun healthcare system, or the 400,000 likely dead of Covid by January 20th, the millions hospitalized, or the daily infections exceeding 200,000. .  An unabashed liar, conman, and narcissist with his crew of true believers/sycophants afraid to cross him...

Yes, surviving Trump will be an accomplishment like no other Democrat or Republican in my lifetime. Nixon just popped onto a helicopter and flew away.  Affirming the legitimacy of the election and getting him out is still in process.

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2020, 06:03:13 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
  • 2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers
All I know is that on Jan 20 2021 I'll be humming my favorite Ray Charles song..............
2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers:
C- Marc Gasol(16-17)Jeff Ruland(83-84)Theo Ratliff(00-01)
PF- Dan Roundfield(79-80)Paul Milsap(14-15)Dino Radja(95-96)
SF- Dan Marjerle(92-93)Rashard Lewis(08-09)Jalen Rose(99-00)
SG- Reggie Lewis(91-92)World B. Free(78-79)Dell Curry(93-94)
PG- Steve Nash(05-06)Fat Lever(87-88)Tony Allen(12-13)

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2020, 07:00:50 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 114
Trump started a war here in America. He gave white supremacists a leg to stand on. He ALLOWED them, through his inactions, to be. That should be the biggest stain on Trump's legacy. "Proud boys, stand back and stand by".

What more do we need to hear?

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2020, 09:36:17 AM »

Offline celts55

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 129
Trump started a war here in America. He gave white supremacists a leg to stand on. He ALLOWED them, through his inactions, to be. That should be the biggest stain on Trump's legacy. "Proud boys, stand back and stand by".

What more do we need to hear?

I don't know, " There's many good people on both sides", Perhaps?

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2020, 09:37:01 AM »

Offline celts55

• Bailey Howell
All I know is that on Jan 20 2021 I'll be humming my favorite Ray Charles song..............

Georgia?

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2020, 09:45:30 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Georgia?

"WHAT YOU SAY!?" lol

But I can go for "Georgia", too - another classic.

Here's hoping that Rev. Warnock defeats that flake Loefller, too. She's a Grade A Clown.

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2020, 10:01:56 AM »

Offline celts55

• Bailey Howell

Georgia?

"WHAT YOU SAY!?" lol

Here's hoping that Rev. Warnock defeats that flake Loefller, too. She's a Grade A Clown.

Figured either would work. Thank you Stacey Abrams.

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2020, 10:27:30 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Georgia?

"WHAT YOU SAY!?" lol

Figured either would work. Thank you Stacey Abrams.

Isn't Stacey Abrams AWESOME??

She is the epitome of what the Republicans started doing after Pres. Obama won his first term. They started a MASSIVE grass-roots under the radar movement to either make him a one-term president (didn't work) but ALSO were willing to settle for control of the Senate - which they DID achieve.

This was made possible by Dem voter apathy and a Republican movement to weaken Obama's ability to get things done.

All at the Grass Roots level.

Stacey Abrams is "OUR" movement. She's awesome.

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2020, 05:01:10 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1909

Georgia?

"WHAT YOU SAY!?" lol

Thanks for the video GF.   I’m a huge fan of “The Genius”. 

I thought “Georgia on My Mind” first.  But hit the road, Donald works!!