Author Topic: Trump as Lame-Duck  (Read 3330 times)

Re: Trump as Lame-Duck
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 03:51:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Donald Duck ?

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2020, 03:55:08 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
  • 2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers
Thanks for responding NG!

3.Pardons. I absolutely hate the idea of presidential pardons and am amazed at the "you scratch my back, Ill scratch yours" extremity. Its an invitation to do the wrong thing for a sitting president with the knowledge that you won't be prosecuted for any crimes. In regards to Trump's pardons...pardoning his family members before they've actually been accused or found guilty of a crime? That's next level. I would hope he at least has to name the crime he is pardoning them for. Pardoning himself?!? That's next next level!

4&5. The one thing I can regularly feel positive about the four years of Trump is that he kept us out of foreign wars. He routinely pulled troops from foreign soil (for better or worse is beyond my understanding of those nuanced situations) and seemed to be actively preventing foreign physical conflict. Though his blustery, bully like interactions with foreign powers made me worried, much like his presidency as a whole, the end result was much ado about nothing and kept us from engaging in military action. However, he suddenly seems ready to poke the hornets nest of Iran. Again his muscle flexing has me worried and I do wonder if it's just to set up a conflict for when Biden is president. What an awful and evil thought, that someone could be setting up a military showdown with several lives in the balance just to weaken a political rival.
Why do you give him credit?  I bet he was chomping at the bit to start a war, any war, but was talked out of it by actual adults in the room.

T deserves no credit for anything, he is a purely destructive force.  The vaccine would have been developed anyway.

Nice...   To bad he does get credit for avoiding wars.   If you take your emotional response out of it.   I give him credit for the and I don't even like the guy.    do what is right and not what feels right.  Because if we did go to war it would have been because he said too.    The hate in this world is real...      Be kind!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/11/17/trump-foreign-policy-incoherence-withdrawing-troops/

Found this from the Washington Post - a conservative news site.

Let's be clear - Pres. Trump was no Ghandi.
2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers:
C- Marc Gasol(16-17)Jeff Ruland(83-84)Theo Ratliff(00-01)
PF- Dan Roundfield(79-80)Paul Milsap(14-15)Dino Radja(95-96)
SF- Dan Marjerle(92-93)Rashard Lewis(08-09)Jalen Rose(99-00)
SG- Reggie Lewis(91-92)World B. Free(78-79)Dell Curry(93-94)
PG- Steve Nash(05-06)Fat Lever(87-88)Tony Allen(12-13)

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 04:10:39 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

3.Pardons. I absolutely hate the idea of presidential pardons and am amazed at the "you scratch my back, Ill scratch yours" extremity. Its an invitation to do the wrong thing for a sitting president with the knowledge that you won't be prosecuted for any crimes. In regards to Trump's pardons...pardoning his family members before they've actually been accused or found guilty of a crime? That's next level. I would hope he at least has to name the crime he is pardoning them for. Pardoning himself?!? That's next next level!

4&5. The one thing I can regularly feel positive about the four years of Trump is that he kept us out of foreign wars. He routinely pulled troops from foreign soil (for better or worse is beyond my understanding of those nuanced situations) and seemed to be actively preventing foreign physical conflict. Though his blustery, bully like interactions with foreign powers made me worried, much like his presidency as a whole, the end result was much ado about nothing and kept us from engaging in military action. However, he suddenly seems ready to poke the hornets nest of Iran. Again his muscle flexing has me worried and I do wonder if it's just to set up a conflict for when Biden is president. What an awful and evil thought, that someone could be setting up a military showdown with several lives in the balance just to weaken a political rival.
Why do you give him credit?  I bet he was chomping at the bit to start a war, any war, but was talked out of it by actual adults in the room.

T deserves no credit for anything, he is a purely destructive force.  The vaccine would have been developed anyway.

Nice...   To bad he does get credit for avoiding wars.   If you take your emotional response out of it.   I give him credit for the and I don't even like the guy.    do what is right and not what feels right.  Because if we did go to war it would have been because he said too.    The hate in this world is real...      Be kind!

"Avoiding wars"?

I guess he's avoided having American soldiers being directly involved in conflicts.  But conflicts have been going on and he has played a direct part in causing some of them to escalate.

And what you might call "avoiding wars" others might call "surrendering regional influence to Putin".   For which Trump will likely be well rewarded.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 04:31:01 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 474
Just 49 days left to go. 

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 04:39:53 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44

Cool the blame game.  Fair enough....  then it was Obamas fault for all the other unrest and hate crimes in 2010 to 2016....   No one is responsible for their own ignorance anymore.   Lets just blame the presidents.    I'm sure all the players blame the coaches for all the shots they miss.   

Only one way to solve this.   ZERO tolerance for bullEdited for profanity.  Please do not do it again..    KG need to run for presidency in America.  The world owes us nothing, I'm sick of people not trying to be better and blaming their parents.   Get help, read a book, go to church.   Be kind and own your mistakes.    Sorry, but the US is getting to soft, and its getting worse.   

"Avoiding wars"?

I guess he's avoided having American soldiers being directly involved in conflicts.  But conflicts have been going on and he has played a direct part in causing some of them to escalate.

And what you might call "avoiding wars" others might call "surrendering regional influence to Putin".   For which Trump will likely be well rewarded.
Diggles

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 05:06:06 PM »

Offline celts10

• Kemba Walker
  • Tommy Points: 24

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/11/17/trump-foreign-policy-incoherence-withdrawing-troops/

He is also no Obama, either, who was the only president in American history to serve two complete terms with the nation at war.

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 05:27:21 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 254
Re:wars

I think it's fair to give Trump credit, whether thru advisors or his own foresight, for avoiding INTERNATIONAL conflict. It happened during his tenure, he gets credit.

It's fair to wonder what his motivation was...but regardless the outcome as of now, is positive.

Pretty sure He's had an anti-military stance long before he became a politician. Will try to verify w Links later.

He does seem wishy-washy or helter skelter regarding whether he is trying to start conflict or end conflict but I think that is how he operates... He creates drama w lots of threats and bullying tactics (often using his best weapon, economics) but in the end he de-escalates and no physical damage done. So he creates conflict but doesn't result in military fighting.

All that being said....he hasn't exactly helped end conflict domestically, ie BLM protests/riots. And did use federal forces against his own country so...that's weird.

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2020, 05:35:29 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Jayson Tatum
Donald Duck ?

More like Scrooge McDuck!

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Jayson Tatum
It seems like selling pardons to the highest bidder might also be on the agenda:

https://apnews.com/article/us-probe-potential-bribery-scheme-pardon-271f7536f7ba3d1bd6887b21e7549287

He's also working hard to solidify massive and convoluted damage to the regulatory systems that protect people and our environment.   

https://www.brookings.edu/interactives/tracking-deregulation-in-the-trump-era/

A lot of these changes have been rammed through very recently.

Biden may not have time in one term to unwind all the damage here.

That brookings.edu site is aaaaamazing! Thanks for sharing mmmm....so much to digest, hard to know what exactly some of those regulations and re-regulations mean, in terms of being + or -

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2020, 05:44:16 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1909
I don't care one iota about giving Trump credit.  If I thought he'd go away quietly and never be heard from again, I'd give him a Nobel prize.  No wars -- great.  Vaccine quick -- fantastic (I don't care whether he was or wasn't responsible for the quickness - I'll credit him).   Credit for stock market rise -- fine with me.  Just go away please.

He is going to feel great about what he did for this country regardless of what he actually did for (to) this country.

The greatest thing about America is that it will survive Trump.  We are a bit worse for wear, but when January 20th arrives we'll be on the road to recovery.

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2020, 05:46:51 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

He is also no Obama, either, who was the only president in American history to serve two complete terms with the nation at war.

So did you want Pres. Obama to "Snap his fingers - like Trump" or "wave a magic wand" and bring troops home? Especially wars/conflicts that were brewing/in progress for MANY years prior to his presidency?

C'mon Man.

Pres. Obama - for the most part - listened to his advisors....did not "Fire Them" for disagreeing with him, listened to and ATTENDED National Security briefings and......

Feel free to thank him later.

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2020, 06:11:11 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Additionally - Pres. Obama tried "Diplomacy" while Putin was doing his mess over in Crimea....tried diplomacy with China with the dispute over those artificial islands....

What did that get him?

"He's weak"......"no backbone".....

LOOL.

Look - those who don't like Pres. Obama that is your RIGHT. But don't lambast the man on one end and then give President Trump credit on the OTHER END.

It's not fair.........but I get it.

"Life isn't fair"..............................................................

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2020, 06:20:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2133
  • bammokja

we may never know on this one. but i do not think trump was chomping vigorously on something that would make him work like hell. let's face it, you cant ignore a war and hope it goes well. you have to work and know a lot.... on a daily basis, and hard.

a war would mean he would have to focus on it, not grifting.

the focus of the american people would be on it, not him.

wars are unpredictable. his image/ratings could go up in flames with a single attack on the US forces, or, a set back on the battle field. he has no real control over that. high risk for him and his brand.

these may not be the exact reasons. but ultimately i am sure it came down to something that revolves around himself. he is a pro social psychopath after all.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2020, 06:24:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2133
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2020, 07:06:42 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

we may never know on this one. but i do not think trump was chomping vigorously on something that would make him work like hell. let's face it, you cant ignore a war and hope it goes well. you have to work and know a lot.... on a daily basis, and hard.

a war would mean he would have to focus on it, not grifting.

the focus of the american people would be on it, not him.

wars are unpredictable. his image/ratings could go up in flames with a single attack on the US forces, or, a set back on the battle field. he has no real control over that. high risk for him and his brand.

these may not be the exact reasons. but ultimately i am sure it came down to something that revolves around himself. he is a pro social psychopath after all.

I mean, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to give someone credit for NOT getting in a fight ... while letting the bully beat the crud out of the neighbor kid.

Especially when all that was needed to prevent the beating was to be present.  Not fight.  Just be there.  That's all that was needed.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.