Author Topic: Transition of Power - All Things Presidential Thread  (Read 70771 times)

Transition of Power - All Things Presidential Thread
« on: November 01, 2020, 09:35:36 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 892
I mean, it's more like election month with the early voting, but I figured we should have a thread for election day. With stores being boarded up ahead of time and shenanigans already starting all over the place, I hope we all remember we are all one nation and manage to stay classy.

I have to say, I am pretty disturbed to see such a strong effort in Texas to invalidate over 100K votes by people who voted using a system approved by state officials for covid safety. I expect a lot more of this stuff to pop up everywhere in the next few days.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:09:31 AM by Redz »

Re: Election Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 09:55:38 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 566
Looks like a lot of Trump supporters out in full force in several parts of the country with their rallies.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 10:19:56 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 892
Looks like a lot of Trump supporters out in full force in several parts of the country with their rallies.

Which is great as long as they don't try to run buses off the road and illegally block major roads and bridges.

Rally big, rally with pride and with fun, but rally with respect for others.

People from the other party could be your child's teacher, could be your doctor, your police officer or fireman, your food delivery person, your uber driver, your plumber, etc. Treat them the way you would like to be treated.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 10:30:36 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 10:57:42 PM »

Online NKY fan

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 82

Which is great as long as they don't try to run buses off the road and illegally block major roads and bridges.

People from the other party could be your child's teacher, could be your doctor, your police officer or fireman, your food delivery person, your uber driver, your plumber, etc. Treat them the way you would like to be treated.
I was planning to meet (at the bars) a friend to watch it Tuesday night but I dont think that will be a completely peaceful event. Im pretty much in trump country but more liberal part of town

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 12:15:35 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 566

I was planning to meet (at the bars) a friend to watch it Tuesday night but I dont think that will be a completely peaceful event. Im pretty much in trump country but more liberal part of town

It won't. We better be ready for civil unjust in this nation regardless of who wins the election. Our nation has become a laughingstock at this point

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 12:54:29 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1449
We are pretty much third world at this point. We just took a step back from trying to join the post historic democracies of western europe. We were a step above the third world, we have been striving to advance but our system just received a jolt of reality the last four years. Much has been revealed that was underneatch the surface. Apparently we have not made as much progress as we thought. The next election will shed some more light on where we are as a nation.

Whatever the result of the election. Trum win or Biden win, it is our reaction as a nation that will define us.

The road to the election has  nor been very encouraging. Election matters going to court? Americans boarding businesses because of a pending election? Americans stocking up on supplies because of en election? Americans afraid their votes will not be counted? This is all third world stuff people.

How did we get here? Are we not supposed to be  the beacon of democracy? How did we get here? Or have we always been here??

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 04:49:17 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 357
We are pretty much third world at this point. We just took a step back from trying to join the post historic democracies of western europe. We were a step above the third world, we have been striving to advance but our system just received a jolt of reality the last four years. Much has been revealed that was underneatch the surface. Apparently we have not made as much progress as we thought. The next election will shed some more light on where we are as a nation.

Whatever the result of the election. Trum win or Biden win, it is our reaction as a nation that will define us.

The road to the election has  nor been very encouraging. Election matters going to court? Americans boarding businesses because of a pending election? Americans stocking up on supplies because of en election? Americans afraid their votes will not be counted? This is all third world stuff people.

How did we get here? Are we not supposed to be  the beacon of democracy? How did we get here? Or have we always been here??

When fringe, extreme elements in society go mainstream, you arrive in this place.  When the President feels he is above the law, and does not need to follow the law, then his supporters of course will follow suit.  Lawlessness is how you get to third world status. Making it harder for people to vote, or blocking them completely, or trying to invalidate them in the courts, is just one example. This is what you get when enough of our leaders put party over country.

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 06:31:37 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27026
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Third world?  Some of you guys need perspective.

Regardless, Im not sure that this type of conversation is what HP had in mind for this thread. 
Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat. CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012.

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 07:15:09 AM »

Online ozgod

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 572
According to Axios, President Trump plans to declare victory on Tuesday.

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 07:16:16 AM »

Online ozgod

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 572
The President has denied the report but says its not fair to wait so long.

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 08:41:15 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 114
Does the President remember that the 2016 election was not decided on until after 12AM? There have been numerous elections modernly that haven't been decided the night of their election day. The President is continuing to attempt to delegitimize the results. This matters especially in PA. They don't start counting their early votes and absentee ballots until after the election day. It is most likely going to appear Trump ahead in PA early because more democrats tend to vote early/absentee.

There's nothing Trump can do, there's nothing his lawyers can do. The votes will be counted and we will have a fair winner, but I am scared at what some of his supporters might do. 

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2020, 09:08:58 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The President has denied the report but says its not fair to wait so long.

Unless it helps him.  Then hell be telling states that theres no hurry to certify their electoral votes before the deadline.

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2020, 09:53:47 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1312
  • What a Pub Should Be
So what are the odds that the election is actually called on Tuesday night? 50%? 30%?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 09:56:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
So what are the odds that the election is actually called on Tuesday night? 50%? 30%?

Close to zero if Trump is ahead.  If Biden has a lead in Michigan and Pennsylvania tonight, though, I expect that things will be called.

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2020, 10:33:22 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1539
I'll still be voting in person at the polls tomorrow, but I feel like I'm probably in the minority there. From the numbers I have been seeing, early voting this year is smashing all previous early voting totals.