Author Topic: Pres Trump & Melania contract covid  (Read 13330 times)

Re: Pres Trump & Melania contract covid
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2020, 07:24:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1527
  • On To Banner 18!
So apparently:

• He fell asleep on Air Force One on Wed
• They learned of Hope Hicks infection Thur
• Trump still went ahead with in-person fundraiser
• At event, he seemed lethargic
• Now has coldlike symptoms

Continuing with the fundraiser where he was exposed to over a hundred people was probably not the smartest thing in the world to do.

Like he cares. He literally held campaign rallies with packed crowds and said they didn't have to wear masks.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2020, 07:35:54 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 412
Wouldn’t it be nice if Congress could take this moment of national concern and use it to pass a further relief bill?

Crazy talk, I know.

Pretty sure a few effective ones have been proposed or even passed in the house, but they probably dont give rich folks enough money to get voted in the senate.

I think there are issues with the amount of pork in there.  I’d like to see the centrist version of the bill get a vote in both chambers.

From what i can tell the issue seems to be A) The unemployment insurance and B) How much state and local governments make.

I'm actually optimistic on this, I think the sides mostly agree on the kind of stuff that needs to be in it its just a disagreement about how much to spend. And most of the time it just takes some time for both sides to meet in the middle.

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2020, 07:40:32 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Ray Allen
Ya I mean the going to Walter reed doesn't inspire confidence, but the run of this disease usually consists of mild symptoms progressing to more serious symptoms 1-2 weeks after infection. So since he has reportedly developed mild symptoms, and is in a at risk group, its makes sense to take precautions.

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2020, 07:50:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 892
To me, it's a bit surprising and worrisome that he got hospitalized so quickly. I expected that IF he was going to get hospitalized, it would have been in 7-10 days, not the very next day.

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2020, 08:44:39 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1909
So apparently:

• He fell asleep on Air Force One on Wed
• They learned of Hope Hicks infection Thur
• Trump still went ahead with in-person fundraiser
• At event, he seemed lethargic
• Now has coldlike symptoms

Continuing with the fundraiser where he was exposed to over a hundred people was probably not the smartest thing in the world to do.

Like he cares. He literally held campaign rallies with packed crowds and said they didn't have to wear masks.

Apparently he also had a golf club fund raiser on Thursday night.  Folks there commented that he looked poorly - exhausted, hoarse, out of sorts. 

Trump was hours from testing positive.  And Trump knew he’d been exposed.  And of course, he didn’t mask. 

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2020, 08:50:05 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Ray Allen
Descriptions of his illness are becoming increasingly worrying. Reports he has had some trouble breathing, fever. Taking experimental treatments doesn't seem like something you do if you're not worried.

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2020, 09:27:08 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Consider this…Trump, the #POTUS is getting cutting-edge therapies, paid for by our tax dollars, that none of us can get because the President, who paid nothing in taxes for 10 years, has willfully downplayed the virus and who is trying to kick people off their health insurance.

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2020, 10:15:20 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1324
I'll never understand the liberal bias among Bostonians, but whatever.

Trump probably has what most experience with C19 -- sniffles.  He's not in a nursing home, so it's doubtful anyone dies from his diagnosis, as well.  If it weren't for reports of a mild fever and fatigue, I'd assume a false positive seen in ~50% of those diagnosed with the rapid test.

The liberal media wishing for his death all over twitter is telling, though.  The tolerant left - who demand we recognize their pronouns, bathroom preferences, and immunity from any consequences related to their violence - is about as rich as it gets, though. 

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2020, 10:24:57 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 474

Trump probably has what most experience with C19 -- sniffles.  He's not in a nursing home, so it's doubtful anyone dies from his diagnosis, as well.  If it weren't for reports of a mild fever and fatigue, I'd assume a false positive seen in ~50% of those diagnosed with the rapid test.

The liberal media wishing for his death all over twitter is telling, though.  The tolerant left - who demand we recognize their pronouns, bathroom preferences, and immunity from any consequences related to their violence - is about as rich as it gets, though.
There are reports Trump has been having trouble breathing.  Trump has certainly been given the PCR test and gotten the results back.  Several White House reporters have tested positive now.  The Notre Dame president and Senators Lee and Tillis tested positive.  All three were at ACB's nomination ceremony. 

Edit - Kelly Conway has tested positive.  She was also at the nomination ceremony. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 10:32:08 PM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2020, 10:39:00 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker

There are reports Trump has been having trouble breathing.  Trump has certainly been given the PCR test and gotten the results back.  Several White House reporters have tested positive now.  The Notre Dame president and Senators Lee and Tillis tested positive.  All three were at ACB's nomination ceremony. 

Edit - Kelly Conway has tested positive.  She was also at the nomination ceremony.

Yep. Cant believe its still so minimized. Sure, most people are fine, thankfully. But so far in 6 months more US citizens have died from coronavirus than:
- 8 average years of influenza.
- 66  nine elevens

Most people are fine. A lot are not. How much money did we spend avenging 9/11? What fraction of that coat could we have spent to avoid this economic collapse while saving way more lives if our priorities were just slightly more humanitarian rather than blood thirsty?

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2020, 10:42:00 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Tiny Archibald

Reportedly, probably from Jim Acosta? Other reports indicate he has been in good spirits and joking with staff.

I have no concern about his health - we know how to effectively treat C19, and he'll clearly get elite care.  I've heard all the same news re: spread among those at the ceremony, I just don't think it's meaningful to their or others' health.  This is a highly contagious but relatively mild virus that's been sensationalized by the media for votes. Isn't it odd that we have viral outbreaks and racism every -- and only every -- election year?

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2020, 10:44:43 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Tiny Archibald

Yep. Cant believe its still so minimized. Sure, most people are fine, thankfully. But so far in 6 months more US citizens have died from coronavirus than:
- 66  nine elevens

Most people are fine. A lot are not. How much money did we spend avenging 9/11? What fraction of that coat could we have spent to avoid this economic collapse while saving way more lives if our priorities were just slightly more humanitarian rather than blood thirsty?

I doubt 100k American citizens have died from COVID in total.  Hospitals were financially incentivized to code patients C19 positive on admission and during treatment,  and politically, a handful of Democratic governors shoved C19 patients into nursing homes.

If you were tasked with caring for the sick, where is the very place you would put them?

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2020, 10:50:01 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker

- 66  nine elevens

I doubt 100k American citizens have died from COVID in total.  Hospitals were financially incentivized to code patients C19 positive on admission and during treatment,  and politically, a handful of Democratic governors shoved C19 patients into nursing homes.

If you were tasked with caring for the sick, where is the very place you would put them?

Ok good you doubt it. I guess i’ll have to weigh that against the cdc, nih, who, 50 different state department of health, just about every academic institution in the US, Europe, and Asia, as well as the daily briefings from my own health commissioner, our department of health reports, our home academic center with our weekly meetings (im a doctor, outpatient, so not in the thick of it but collecting and sending plenty of tests), but you doubt it. Thank goodness! I’ll rest easier tonight.

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2020, 10:50:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 892

Reportedly, probably from Jim Acosta? Other reports indicate he has been in good spirits and joking with staff.

I have no concern about his health - we know how to effectively treat C19, and he'll clearly get elite care.  I've heard all the same news re: spread among those at the ceremony, I just don't think it's meaningful to their or others' health.  This is a highly contagious but relatively mild virus that's been sensationalized by the media for votes. Isn't it odd that we have viral outbreaks and racism every -- and only every -- election year?

I mean, people don't get hospitalized for the sniffles, and there's no way Trump would ever agree to be hospitalized unless he really needs it. Actions speak louder than conspiracy theories and propaganda.

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2020, 10:52:31 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 67
I think he is in serious trouble.