Author Topic: Pres Trump & Melania contract covid  (Read 13331 times)

Re: Pres Trump & Melania contract covid
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 09:12:54 AM »

Offline Erik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 200
  • The voice of reason
So is it still a "hoax"?

Debunked... from CNN, FactCheck & Snopes of all people (you know that's bad when they agree)
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/politics/joe-biden-campaign-ad-trump-coronavirus-hoax-fact-check/index.html

Full Speech:
"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus -- you know that right? Coronavirus. They're politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, "How's President Trump doing?" They go, "Oh, not good, not good." They have no clue. They don't have any clue. They can't even count their votes in Iowa. They can't even count. No, they can't. They can't count their votes.
One of my people came up to me and said, "Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn't work out too well. They couldn't do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They'd been doing it since you got in." It's all turning. They lost. It's all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."

The next day Trump was asked about this comment and tried to clarify what he said, claiming he was "referring to the action that [the Democrats] take to try and pin this on somebody, because we've done such a good job. The hoax is on them."

He's clearly calling them politicizing & criticizing his handling of it as the hoax.

My inference being all the people out there who having been calling this virus a hoax from the start. 

Now that the president has it, do they think its still a hoax?

Part of the problem is repeating this disinformation that the president called it a hoax. It's a double edged sword...while attempting to humiliate the president by taking his words out of context, those same dishonest people are empowering other people to believe that it is a non-existent virus. Those same people then get upset when Trump supporters say that the virus is a hoax.

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 09:17:57 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1312
  • What a Pub Should Be
So is it still a "hoax"?

Debunked... from CNN, FactCheck & Snopes of all people (you know that's bad when they agree)
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/politics/joe-biden-campaign-ad-trump-coronavirus-hoax-fact-check/index.html

Full Speech:
"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus -- you know that right? Coronavirus. They're politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, "How's President Trump doing?" They go, "Oh, not good, not good." They have no clue. They don't have any clue. They can't even count their votes in Iowa. They can't even count. No, they can't. They can't count their votes.
One of my people came up to me and said, "Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn't work out too well. They couldn't do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They'd been doing it since you got in." It's all turning. They lost. It's all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."

The next day Trump was asked about this comment and tried to clarify what he said, claiming he was "referring to the action that [the Democrats] take to try and pin this on somebody, because we've done such a good job. The hoax is on them."

He's clearly calling them politicizing & criticizing his handling of it as the hoax.

My inference being all the people out there who having been calling this virus a hoax from the start. 

Part of the problem is repeating this disinformation that the president called it a hoax. It's a double edged sword...while attempting to humiliate the president by taking his words out of context, those same dishonest people are empowering other people to believe that it is a non-existent virus. Those same people then get upset when Trump supporters say that the virus is a hoax.

No, I get upset when people call it a hoax because people are legitimately dying out there because of this awful disease.   I know that from firsthand.

If Trump getting sick actually convinces some of these people that its not a hoax, its a good thing.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 09:18:48 AM »

Offline gift

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
So is it still a "hoax"?

Full Speech:

I only know one guy who disbelieves in an actual viral outbreak. He also thinks Trump is part of it (as recently as two weeks ago). I think anyone who believes this is completely a hoax will not be deterred.

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 09:26:44 AM »

Offline Erik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 200
  • The voice of reason
So is it still a "hoax"?

Full Speech:

No, I get upset when people call it a hoax because people are legitimately dying out there because of this awful disease.   I know that from firsthand.

If Trump getting sick actually convinces some of these people that its not a hoax, its a good thing.

So do I. Unfortunately there is a decent portion of Trump's supporters that are not very informed people. It's why I'm a bit upset when I see people/media credit Trump as calling it a hoax and the Biden campaign ad in the video repeating the disinformation. There's really no reason to egg those people on.

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2020, 09:45:10 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bob Cousy
  • What a Pub Should Be
So is it still a "hoax"?

Full Speech:

I only know one guy who disbelieves in an actual viral outbreak. He also thinks Trump is part of it (as recently as two weeks ago). I think anyone who believes this is completely a hoax will not be deterred.

Sadly, you're probably right and, quite honestly, screw those people.

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2020, 10:42:06 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1909
So is it still a "hoax"?

Full Speech:

I don't think Trump thinks it's a hoax. But I've actually never seen him literally address the people who do think so and say "listen my fellow Americans, this isn't a hoax, if you think it is, you are wrong. This is real, it's deadly and we need to act to keep ourselves and other safe".  Pretty easy to do that.  What other "war-time president" has minimized or lied about the reality?  Johnson in Vietnam?  How'd that work out? 

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2020, 11:09:54 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Kevin Garnett
Just occurred to me (sorry if I missed someone mentioning this earlier) that Joe Biden stood on a stage with Donald Trump for 90 minutes speaking loudly at each other -- on Tuesday night. 

Is Trump tested daily?  Was he tested (negative) before the debate?

I think there's legit concern that the POTUS may have infected Biden.   Hard to tell, but looks like they were about 10 feet apart (?).   With Trump yelling at/toward Biden for 90 minutes, I suspect the chances of transmission are pretty decent.

FYI: Trump reporting mild symptoms.

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2020, 12:24:14 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bob Cousy
  • What a Pub Should Be
Yamiche Alcindor
@Yamiche

5m
NEWS: Former VP Joe Biden and his wife Dr. Jill Biden have tested NEGATIVE for COVID-19.

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2020, 12:31:32 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 5084
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2020, 12:34:27 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 312
Yamiche Alcindor
@Yamiche

5m
NEWS: Former VP Joe Biden and his wife Dr. Jill Biden have tested NEGATIVE for COVID-19.
Remember it could take another 11 or so days to show up, so he's not "out of the woods", but in my uniformed opinion the odds are pretty low that he contracted it given that Tuesday was probably the day Trump was exposed, so he likely didn't have it then yet.

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2020, 01:41:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
  • 2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers
Praying for Pres. Trump and First Lady - that they have a healthy recovery and a speedy one.

I'm ALSO praying that GOING FORWARD - Pres. Trump sets a BETTER example in dealing with Covid....

He has been RECKLESS - to say the least - in dealing with this....

Took him too long to start wearing a mask...

Ridiculing those who WORE them, like Biden.

Feeding into hoaxes....not setting good examples for Social Distancing...

Pushing to OPEN THINGS UP sooner than he SHOULD HAVE........

Indeed life choices catch up with ALL of us. NONE OF US are EXEMPT.

God's Will he and EVERYONE AFFECTED recovers.
2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers:
C- Marc Gasol(16-17)Jeff Ruland(83-84)Theo Ratliff(00-01)
PF- Dan Roundfield(79-80)Paul Milsap(14-15)Dino Radja(95-96)
SF- Dan Marjerle(92-93)Rashard Lewis(08-09)Jalen Rose(99-00)
SG- Reggie Lewis(91-92)World B. Free(78-79)Dell Curry(93-94)
PG- Steve Nash(05-06)Fat Lever(87-88)Tony Allen(12-13)

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2020, 01:44:08 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 566
Just occurred to me (sorry if I missed someone mentioning this earlier) that Joe Biden stood on a stage with Donald Trump for 90 minutes speaking loudly at each other -- on Tuesday night. 

Is Trump tested daily?  Was he tested (negative) before the debate?

I think there's legit concern that the POTUS may have infected Biden.   Hard to tell, but looks like they were about 10 feet apart (?).   With Trump yelling at/toward Biden for 90 minutes, I suspect the chances of transmission are pretty decent.

FYI: Trump reporting mild symptoms.

The long-term damage to the lungs won't be great for his age. That's also the concerning thing about those two debating on stage for 90 minutes without masks. Biden should retest everyday just in case.

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2020, 01:48:30 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 227
So is it still a "hoax"?

Full Speech:

Based on this, I don't think he understands the definition of "hoax."
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2020, 02:08:31 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Kevin Garnett
Praying for Pres. Trump and First Lady - that they have a healthy recovery and a speedy one.

I'm ALSO praying that GOING FORWARD - Pres. Trump sets a BETTER example in dealing with Covid....

At the very moment that Trump is mocking Biden, "He always wears a mask, even when 200 feet away form people, and it's the biggest mask you've ever seen..."   the virus has either already entered or will (within hours) enter his body causing him to be infected.  Maybe because he isn't practicing safe distancing or mask-wearing.

I hope he recovers too.  But I also hope that if he has significant issue that we are informed.  I have doubts that anyone in the West Wing will provide the truth if that truth might be viewed as damaging politically.  Clearly, no comments from medical personnel will be allowed without scrutiny -- and we know his sycophants will cover-up if they are told to.   I don't think we'll be able to believe reports coming from the White House.

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2020, 02:16:50 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 3609
  • Yup

At the very moment that Trump is mocking Biden, "He always wears a mask, even when 200 feet away form people, and it's the biggest mask you've ever seen..."   the virus has either already entered or will (within hours) enter his body causing him to be infected.  Maybe because he isn't practicing safe distancing or mask-wearing.

I hope he recovers too.  But I also hope that if he has significant issue that we are informed.  I have doubts that anyone in the West Wing will provide the truth if that truth might be viewed as damaging politically.  Clearly, no comments from medical personnel will be allowed without scrutiny -- and we know his sycophants will cover-up if they are told to.   I don't think we'll be able to believe reports coming from the White House.

The truth might cause us to panic.
Yup