Author Topic: Pres Trump & Melania contract covid  (Read 13199 times)

Pres Trump & Melania contract covid
« on: October 02, 2020, 01:24:44 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 200
Memorandum from the President’s physician:
“Both President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump have tested positive” for the coronavirus

“The White House medical team and I will maintain a vigilant watch...”

Re: Pres Trump & Melania contract covid
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 01:31:22 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 474
Unfortunate for the First Lady but pure justice for Trump.  Say goodbye to the debates.   

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 01:38:00 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 566
Could be a game-changer for the upcoming elections.

But what goes around comes around. He was mocking Biden over wearing masks the other night, ah the irony.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 02:07:06 AM »

Offline Linwood

• NCE
  • Marcus Smart
  • Tommy Points: 8
U.S. stock market futures plunge after confirmation that Donald Trump tests positive for coronavirus

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 06:01:38 AM »

Online Csfan1984

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 191
That's one way to get out of any future debates

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 06:34:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1007
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Poor Ivanka.

Can’t help but laugh at the clown getting it
Fire Brad

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 06:39:13 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27026
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
He’s been saying it’s no big deal, that it’s nothing to worry about.  Assuming he recovers, I’m sure that will be his go-to:  “See, I beat it with no problem”.

Will he be hospitalized?  Could Pence become acting President at some point?  So many questions...
Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat. CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012.

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 07:01:03 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1909

Yes -- this may in fact allow us not to have to endure another debate.

My true thought is that I do not want him to get very sick or die.  However, I'd be OK if he had symptoms that convince him and his followers that the virus is real. 

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 07:08:19 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1539
This is an interesting development, that's for sure.

Of course, given they likely caught this super early, he'll probably be fine and then just weaponize his recovery.

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 07:52:35 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Now thar the Trumps all got it ....i expect the whole family ....then a whole huge amount of political figures and staff are most likey to turn up positive too.

Trump is a super spreader .

Prayers out to the president and his family .

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2020, 08:00:00 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 474

My true thought is that I do not want him to get very sick or die.  However, I'd be OK if he had symptoms that convince him and his followers that the virus is real.
Short of Trump getting very sick or dying there's very little chance of him changing his tune on the virus.  He'll say it was no big deal.  That he's had flu that felt worse. 

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 08:39:38 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1312
  • What a Pub Should Be
So is it still a "hoax"?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2020, 08:47:46 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1378
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, I agree w/ this. I am not going to wish for him to die, but if he is asymptomatic and just comes out of this with more energy than ever, then it could mean a lot more lives lost. He should be concerned, his supporters should be concerned. I mean just the other night he was making fun of Biden for always wearing a mask. That take - in addition to others - has aged extremely poorly.

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2020, 09:02:22 AM »

Offline Erik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 200
  • The voice of reason
So is it still a "hoax"?

Debunked... from CNN, FactCheck & Snopes of all people (you know that's bad when they agree)
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/politics/joe-biden-campaign-ad-trump-coronavirus-hoax-fact-check/index.html

Full Speech:
"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus -- you know that right? Coronavirus. They're politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, "How's President Trump doing?" They go, "Oh, not good, not good." They have no clue. They don't have any clue. They can't even count their votes in Iowa. They can't even count. No, they can't. They can't count their votes.
One of my people came up to me and said, "Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn't work out too well. They couldn't do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They'd been doing it since you got in." It's all turning. They lost. It's all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."

The next day Trump was asked about this comment and tried to clarify what he said, claiming he was "referring to the action that [the Democrats] take to try and pin this on somebody, because we've done such a good job. The hoax is on them."

He's clearly calling them politicizing & criticizing his handling of it as the hoax.

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2020, 09:05:22 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1312
  • What a Pub Should Be
So is it still a "hoax"?

Debunked... from CNN, FactCheck & Snopes of all people (you know that's bad when they agree)
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/politics/joe-biden-campaign-ad-trump-coronavirus-hoax-fact-check/index.html

Full Speech:
"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus -- you know that right? Coronavirus. They're politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, "How's President Trump doing?" They go, "Oh, not good, not good." They have no clue. They don't have any clue. They can't even count their votes in Iowa. They can't even count. No, they can't. They can't count their votes.
One of my people came up to me and said, "Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn't work out too well. They couldn't do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They'd been doing it since you got in." It's all turning. They lost. It's all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."

The next day Trump was asked about this comment and tried to clarify what he said, claiming he was "referring to the action that [the Democrats] take to try and pin this on somebody, because we've done such a good job. The hoax is on them."

He's clearly calling them politicizing & criticizing his handling of it as the hoax.

My inference being all the people out there who having been calling this virus a hoax from the start. 

Now that the president has it, do they think its still a hoax?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team