Author Topic: Presidential Debates  (Read 9146 times)

Re: Presidential Debates
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2020, 10:11:19 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 5084
  • Thumper of the BASS!
TRUMP a TRIP!!!

lol

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2020, 10:13:19 PM »

Online Ogaju

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1457
I am voting neither..sorry..this is unbearable

that is the problem.....if you think that these two are equally worthy of contempt dont complain about anything.

I believe the problem is that both sides who are committed to their political party are not able to meet in the middle and work together. Many will support only what their side defends and in turn, demonize the other who does not share their same view. How about meeting in the middle and working on things civilly? I have not seen that with either side recently.

If you think I do not have the right to complain, that is your view and right. But personally, I also feel that is the bigger problem in our country today. I see too many on both sides claiming the other is wrong because they do not share the same view.

I have a right to complain about both sides. I am not locked to either and will always vote on the person I feel is best to represent our country.

This debate is still unbearable and it is my right to state this.

Biden is not an extremist.....he has campaigned on bringing people together.

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2020, 10:14:07 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
  • 2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers
Putin's Puppy.

LOL!
2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers:
C- Marc Gasol(16-17)Jeff Ruland(83-84)Theo Ratliff(00-01)
PF- Dan Roundfield(79-80)Paul Milsap(14-15)Dino Radja(95-96)
SF- Dan Marjerle(92-93)Rashard Lewis(08-09)Jalen Rose(99-00)
SG- Reggie Lewis(91-92)World B. Free(78-79)Dell Curry(93-94)
PG- Steve Nash(05-06)Fat Lever(87-88)Tony Allen(12-13)

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2020, 10:18:38 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 664

that is the problem.....if you think that these two are equally worthy of contempt dont complain about anything.

I believe the problem is that both sides who are committed to their political party are not able to meet in the middle and work together. Many will support only what their side defends and in turn, demonize the other who does not share their same view. How about meeting in the middle and working on things civilly? I have not seen that with either side recently.

If you think I do not have the right to complain, that is your view and right. But personally, I also feel that is the bigger problem in our country today. I see too many on both sides claiming the other is wrong because they do not share the same view.

I have a right to complain about both sides. I am not locked to either and will always vote on the person I feel is best to represent our country.

I just donít see it. I have not seen Biden or Trump trying to unite our entire country. I wish I did.

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2020, 10:20:52 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

I just donít see it. I have not seen Biden or Trump trying to unite our entire country. I wish I did.

You're not listening to Biden then, my Friend.

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2020, 10:22:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27021
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

I think heís listening fine.
Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat. CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012.

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2020, 10:26:40 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

ROY -

If either you or BTB haven't been listening to Biden (and Harris) over the last few months I don't know what to tell you.

They have certainly been talking about the division in this country and how to bring her together.

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2020, 10:30:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

ROY -

If either you or BTB haven't been listening to Biden (and Harris) over the last few months I don't know what to tell you.

They have certainly been talking about the division in this country and how to bring her together.

Actions speak louder than words.  Biden has been a liar and a partisan his entire career.

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2020, 10:33:33 PM »

Online Ogaju

• Cedric Maxwell

ROY -

Actions speak louder than words.  Biden has been a liar and a partisan his entire career.

Really? You defend Republicans and you criticize Biden for lying? Come on man.

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2020, 10:34:10 PM »

Online Ogaju

• Cedric Maxwell
Trump says the election is rigged..... lol

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2020, 10:36:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

ROY -

Really? You defend Republicans and you criticize Biden for lying? Come on man.

What Republicans am I defending for lying?

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2020, 10:37:09 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 664

ROY -

But you cannot unite two opposing sides without extending an olive branch and finding some common ground.

As an Independent, I share views with both sides

1. I believe in lower taxes..I believe it spurs hiring and the economy
..that leans Republican
2. I believe Climate change is real..My last home in Sonoma is gone..the entire development burned to ashes and with it, some unfortunate lives that were trapped...More stringent controls are needed and needed yesterday..this leans Democrat
3. I believe two side should be able to sit a table and civilly come to an understanding with the other and find ways to build a bridge between them..This leans neither party

Has anyone won this debate?..to me, no...

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2020, 10:37:33 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

ROY -

roy -

I'm not going down this proverbial rabbit hole with you.

You do you and I'll do me.

I made a suggestion to BTB and whether he (or she) follows it is up to them.

My life and joy will not be dependent on YOURS or his (or hers) choice of candidate.

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2020, 10:39:13 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 5084
  • Thumper of the BASS!

truth

« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2020, 10:40:31 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

ROY -

But you cannot unite two opposing sides without extending an olive branch and finding some common ground.

As an Independent, I share views with both sides

1. I believe in lower taxes..I believe it spurs hiring and the economy
..that leans Republican
2. I believe Climate change is real..My last home in Sonoma is gone..the entire development burned to ashes and with it, some unfortunate lives that were trapped...More stringent controls are needed and needed yesterday..this leans Democrat
3. I believe two side should be able to sit a table and civilly come to an understanding with the other and find ways to build a bridge between them..This leans neither party

Has anyone won this debate?..to me, no...

IMO Trump has broken this debate and Chris Wallace has been terrible.

I'd suggest you look up Biden's stance on those issues you spoke of...compare them to Trumps if you like.

You can then make your OWN choice - free of my opinion of anyone else's here.

But this was a terrible debate thanks to Chris Wallace - but I think Biden did his best.