Author Topic: Trump's America  (Read 11306 times)

Re: Trump's America
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2020, 01:54:25 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
  • 2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers
Just go read Trump's full comments from Charlottesville (the good people on both sides speech).  It is a simple Google search away from you learning how fraudulent the left wing media has been in regard to Trump not condemning white supremacy.  He has done so many times throughout his Presidency and the media continues to lie and pretend he has not in order to drive their ridiculous, politically driven narrative.

Can you answer my last post, then? About how Sens. Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott feel about his comments?
2021 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Indiana Pacers:
C- Marc Gasol(16-17)Jeff Ruland(83-84)Theo Ratliff(00-01)
PF- Dan Roundfield(79-80)Paul Milsap(14-15)Dino Radja(95-96)
SF- Dan Marjerle(92-93)Rashard Lewis(08-09)Jalen Rose(99-00)
SG- Reggie Lewis(91-92)World B. Free(78-79)Dell Curry(93-94)
PG- Steve Nash(05-06)Fat Lever(87-88)Tony Allen(12-13)

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2020, 01:58:00 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Just go read Trump's full comments from Charlottesville (the good people on both sides speech).  It is a simple Google search away from you learning how fraudulent the left wing media has been in regard to Trump not condemning white supremacy.  He has done so many times throughout his Presidency and the media continues to lie and pretend he has not in order to drive their ridiculous, politically driven narrative.

Is that you Rush?
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 01:58:22 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

As a proud resident of Virginia RIGHT NOW his response to what happened in this fine state was nothing short of horrible.

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2020, 02:09:10 PM »

Offline Linwood

• NCE
  • Marcus Smart
  • Tommy Points: 8
White supremacy is the biggest threat in this country. the FBI says it's the biggest threat to our safety, and it's the source of a lot, if not most, of the violence at the protests

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2020, 02:14:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Trump has condemned white supremacy MANY times, including during the debates prior to him winning the nomination when Chris Wallace was the moderator as well as following Charlottesville.  The left wing media is driving a narrative that holds zero basis in fact and is easily proved false.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right wing.

CHRIS WALLACE: So what are you...

TRUMP: If you look...

WALLACE: What are you saying...

TRUMP: I'm willing to do anything - I want to see peace.

WALLACE: Well, then do it, sir.

JOE BIDEN: Say it. Do it. Say it.

TRUMP: Do you want to call them - what do you want to call them? Give me a name. Give me a name. Go ahead...

WALLACE: White supremacists and right-wing militia.

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Who would you like me to condemn?

BIDEN: The Proud Boys.

TRUMP: Who?

TRUMP: The Proud Boys, stand back, and stand by. But I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what - somebody's got to do something about antifa and the left because this is not a right-wing problem.

You're wrong.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2020, 02:27:47 PM »

Offline gift

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
Trump has condemned white supremacy MANY times, including during the debates prior to him winning the nomination when Chris Wallace was the moderator as well as following Charlottesville.  The left wing media is driving a narrative that holds zero basis in fact and is easily proved false.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right wing.

TRUMP: Do you want to call them - what do you want to call them? Give me a name. Give me a name. Go ahead...

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: The Proud Boys, stand back, and stand by. But I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what - somebody's got to do something about antifa and the left because this is not a right-wing problem.

You're wrong.

He has explicitly condemned white supremacists though. And during the debate he said something along the lines of "sure, sure" when asked by Wallace. I hate being in this position of seemingly defending Trump but he has technically done what has been asked of him many times (though maybe not every time and maybe without communicating some level of sincerity). At some point the question to him does become like "when did you stop beating your wife?", no?

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2020, 02:34:48 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Took a bit of digging but I found THIS:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/trump-has-condemned-white-supremacists/

So, contrary to Biden’s claim that Trump has “yet once to condemn white supremacy, the neo-Nazis,” in the course of two days, Trump did it twice.

Trump, Aug. 14, 2017: Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

Trump, Aug. 15, 2017: I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally.

Nor was that the last time Trump condemned white supremacy by name.

After nearly two dozen people were killed on Aug. 3, 2019, in a shooting at a Wal-Mart in El Paso, Trump said: “The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul. We have asked the FBI to identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism — whatever they need.”

Biden said that since Trump took office, “You see these white supremacists coming out from under the rocks.” Last March, we looked into that issue, and experts told us there are a number of indicators that suggest white nationalism and white supremacy — and violence inspired by them — are on the rise, in the U.S. and around the world.

It’s Biden’s opinion that Trump’s comments have “given them oxygen,” as he said. But Biden went too far when he said Trump has “yet once to condemn white supremacy, the neo-Nazis. He hasn’t condemned a darn thing.” He has, although perhaps not as often or as quickly as Biden would like.

Thank me later.

Now here's MY thing -

Why couldn't he just STAND UP and condemn White Supremacists on Tuesday? Just SAY IT, MAN....

It is like Pres. Trump has an INTERNAL STRUGGLE....with RACE.....

Ok Pres. Donald Trump HAS CONDEMNED RACISM....I guess TWICE?

But why not Tuesday Night, Oracle?

Why does Pres. Donald Trump....our Commander in Chief - seem to have a STRUGGLE condemning White Supremacists?

Proud Boys seem to STILL think fondly of him.

Why can't he just come out and DIVORCE himself from this image completely?

C'mon Oracle holler back at me.

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2020, 02:41:05 PM »

Offline gift

• Jim Loscutoff

So, contrary to Biden’s claim that Trump has “yet once to condemn white supremacy, the neo-Nazis,” in the course of two days, Trump did it twice.

Trump, Aug. 14, 2017: Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

Trump, Aug. 15, 2017: I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally.

After nearly two dozen people were killed on Aug. 3, 2019, in a shooting at a Wal-Mart in El Paso, Trump said: “The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul. We have asked the FBI to identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism — whatever they need.”

Biden said that since Trump took office, “You see these white supremacists coming out from under the rocks.” Last March, we looked into that issue, and experts told us there are a number of indicators that suggest white nationalism and white supremacy — and violence inspired by them — are on the rise, in the U.S. and around the world.

It’s Biden’s opinion that Trump’s comments have “given them oxygen,” as he said. But Biden went too far when he said Trump has “yet once to condemn white supremacy, the neo-Nazis. He hasn’t condemned a darn thing.” He has, although perhaps not as often or as quickly as Biden would like.

Thank me later.

Now here's MY thing -

Why couldn't he just STAND UP and condemn White Supremacists on Tuesday? Just SAY IT, MAN....

Why does Pres. Donald Trump....our Commander in Chief - seem to have a STRUGGLE condemning White Supremacists?

Thank you. Now maybe we can move on to debating whether Trump is a secret racist rather than gaslighting people into thinking he's openly racist. I guess that's improvement.

Seriously, if people are going to claim there are real reasons to vote against Trump, stop with making false claims like he's never denounced racism when he has. Who is that winning over? Who is it pushing away? The answers to those two questions should motivate you to do better.

Hack away at the debate of his sincerity, though. But please check the other candidate's record to question his sincerity as well.

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2020, 02:42:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
My comment is not debatable because it is based on facts, Trump has condemned white supremacy MANY times.  The proud boys are not a racist organization they are a right wing group that confronts violent/destructive left wing groups.

The idea that the Proud Boys are not a racist organization is pretty naive. They say one thing but the people they allow in and the actions they take are a far cry. Gavin Mcinnis left because he couldn't distance them from the far-right far enough to protect his butt.

Joe Biggs, a Proud Boys organizer, has a RWDS tattoo on his arm. Stands for 'Right Wing Death Squad'. They're totally anti-racist though.

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2020, 02:44:06 PM »

Offline gift

• Jim Loscutoff

Thank me later.

Now here's MY thing -

As recently as last year he also gave this quote:

"In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America."

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/05/748387272/trump-condemns-racism-and-white-supremacy-following-2-deadly-shootings

You often have to find actual transcripts of his speeches or interactions because reports and articles will often not provide his actual words. I found three in about two minutes.

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 02:48:02 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Thank me later.

Now here's MY thing -

Thank you. Now maybe we can move on to debating whether Trump is a secret racist rather than gaslighting people into thinking he's openly racist. I guess that's improvement.

Seriously, if people are going to claim there are real reasons to vote against Trump, stop with making false claims like he's never denounced racism when he has. Who is that winning over? Who is it pushing away? The answers to those two questions should motivate you to do better.

Hack away at the debate of his sincerity, though. But please check the other candidate's record to question his sincerity as well.

This is my whole thing, Gift....

I do not trust Pres. Donald Trump. He DOES seem to have some Internal Struggle with Racism.

I DO trust Joe Biden.

If he didn't struggle with condemning it then why couldn't condemnation just roll off his tongue? it is like he is fearing losing 5-10% of his base.

I mean - my post and that article WAS from 2017. We're in 2020 and this year is almost over.

EDIT - just saw your last addition, Gift.

Still baffles me as to why he can't simply look at the Television screen like Biden does, call out White Supremacists, warn Proud Boys and condemn them when Chris Wallace asked.

His stubbornness is going to cost him the election.

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 02:49:03 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

(CROSSTALK)

You're wrong.

He has explicitly condemned white supremacists though. And during the debate he said something along the lines of "sure, sure" when asked by Wallace. I hate being in this position of seemingly defending Trump but he has technically done what has been asked of him many times (though maybe not every time and maybe without communicating some level of sincerity). At some point the question to him does become like "when did you stop beating your wife?", no?

No. Donald Trump as president has repeatedly emboldened right wing hate groups to believe they have if not his support, at least his tolerance. That is what THEY believe. They believe it because of what he says, and how he says it. If his quiet mutterings and teeter-totter denouncements aren't doing the job, isn't it his freakin job to make sure the message takes? Isn't it his job to make sure that hate-based militias have no safe place in America? Isn't that his lane?

If you want to say Trump's stance on right wing hate groups and far right militias is consistent and he denounces them, look at how he talks about antifa, a significantly less dangerous, poorly armed, and less organized group. Look at how he talks about peaceful protests, let alone ones that involve violence.

'If they start lootin, we start shootin' for the left.

Quiet twitter comments for the right.

Let's not pretend he's done anything but embolden violent groups on the right to act and to continue to act.

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 02:57:42 PM »

Offline gift

• Jim Loscutoff
My comment is not debatable because it is based on facts, Trump has condemned white supremacy MANY times.  The proud boys are not a racist organization they are a right wing group that confronts violent/destructive left wing groups.

The idea that the Proud Boys are not a racist organization is pretty naive. They say one thing but the people they allow in and the actions they take are a far cry. Gavin Mcinnis left because he couldn't distance them from the far-right far enough to protect his butt.

Joe Biggs, a Proud Boys organizer, has a RWDS tattoo on his arm. Stands for 'Right Wing Death Squad'. They're totally anti-racist though.

I have heard that McGinnis distanced himself from them because he didn't like their tolerance for certain racist groups.

What about 'Right Wing Death Squad' equates to racism? Is that a racist group? I couldn't find anything solid online about that.

Worth noting if we're hand picking certain members as evidence that the Proud Boys chairman is Enrique Tarrio, of AfroCuban descent (not a white dude). I think the Proud Boys may be a lot of things and problematic. But I don't know that they are an overtly racist group on their own. I think they are the reaction to Antifa and should be subject to the same level of generalizations as their counterparts. I think neither group is solidly organized and so it's difficult to pin down who they are and what they stand for. I'm fine with both being condemned. But probably worth doing so within the same sentence.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 03:08:23 PM by gift »

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 02:59:33 PM »

Offline gift

• Jim Loscutoff

(CROSSTALK)

You're wrong.

No. Donald Trump as president has repeatedly emboldened right wing hate groups to believe they have if not his support, at least his tolerance. That is what THEY believe. They believe it because of what he says, and how he says it. If his quiet mutterings and teeter-totter denouncements aren't doing the job, isn't it his freakin job to make sure the message takes? Isn't it his job to make sure that hate-based militias have no safe place in America? Isn't that his lane?

If you want to say Trump's stance on right wing hate groups and far right militias is consistent and he denounces them, look at how he talks about antifa, a significantly less dangerous, poorly armed, and less organized group. Look at how he talks about peaceful protests, let alone ones that involve violence.

'If they start lootin, we start shootin' for the left.

Quiet twitter comments for the right.

Let's not pretend he's done anything but embolden violent groups on the right to act and to continue to act.

You started your post off with "no". Try starting it with "yes, but...".

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 03:05:41 PM »

Offline gift

• Jim Loscutoff

Thank me later.

Now here's MY thing -

This is my whole thing, Gift....

I do not trust Pres. Donald Trump. He DOES seem to have some Internal Struggle with Racism.

I DO trust Joe Biden.

If he didn't struggle with condemning it then why couldn't condemnation just roll off his tongue? it is like he is fearing losing 5-10% of his base.

I mean - my post and that article WAS from 2017. We're in 2020 and this year is almost over.

EDIT - just saw your last addition, Gift.

Still baffles me as to why he can't simply look at the Television screen like Biden does, call out White Supremacists, warn Proud Boys and condemn them when Chris Wallace asked.

His stubbornness is going to cost him the election.

I agree with you. I don't know why he can't just say it loudly, clearly and emphatically every time. Could it be because he wants support from racists or is racist himself? Maybe. There's inconsistency there for either claim. Could it be because he's ineffectual as a leader or stubborn? Also, possibilities.

But I really wish we could be honest about what we are actually criticizing him of. Claims that he hasn't or won't denounce racist groups are false. So let's talk about what we really mean. Because if we're deceptive with his words, some will take notice and never listen to us again. Why do you think people buy into the "Fake News" mantra? It's because they really are that bad sometimes.

So thank you for posting his actual words so we can move on to discussing what to do with those words instead of denying their existence. That's just silly.