Author Topic: Report: Hayward reportedly needed 2 more weeks of rehab  (Read 5000 times)

Report: Hayward reportedly needed 2 more weeks of rehab
« on: September 28, 2020, 10:15:23 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
And he could barely jump from the nerve damage in his ankle according to Washburn.

https://twitter.com/BDCCeltics/status/1310546861397364738

Much respect to Gordon, he gave it his all and took a lot of crap from Celtics fans too.

Re: Report: Hayward reportedly needed 2 more weeks of rehab
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 10:19:34 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
TP for listing this.

I give Gordon a pass on his performance. It was obvious how much pain he was experiencing.  And we probably go out in 5 games had he not come back.

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 10:20:46 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 562
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
As I said I really appreciated him making himself available in the Heat series, he gave us a puncher's chance at winning the ECF even if he wasn't 100%. Definitely not going to moan and complain about his time in Boston :)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 10:20:53 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be
Can't say I'm surprised.

He looked like a shell of himself out there.  Unfortunate.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 10:30:37 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I wish there was just one playoff run over the past few years where a key Celtic wasn’t injured to the point he was useless.

Dude played on one leg and missed the birth of his first son to try and give the Cs a chance. He gets so much hate for stuff out of his control and his signing hasn’t worked out the way we all anticipated but much respect to him.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 10:34:40 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
You can’t expect that All of your top 6 players be healthy come playoffs time.
In retrospect maybe he shouldn’t have come back last week.

If one of the top 6 get injured and we are screwed that means that the make up of the roster is faulty.

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 10:48:31 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1714
I just hope there's no permanent damage from this decision.  It was clear that we got everything he had in game 3, because he didn't look right physically after that. 

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 10:55:51 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's a shame because he looked so good this year and in the beginning of the bubble. Dude deserves a lot of praise for choosing to miss the birth of his son and giving it a go in this playoff series. I agree with Atzar that he just didn't look the same after game 3, but it was a big win for the team at the time and it gave us a chance at winning the series.

I'm sure this is bittersweet for him - at least now he can go home and enjoy time with his family, while also getting the opportunity to fully heal.

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 11:23:10 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 289
It was obvious he was still injured. Poor guy really shouldn’t have made the sacrifice to try and come back. Much respect to him for trying.

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 11:34:08 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It was obvious he was still injured. Poor guy really shouldn’t have made the sacrifice to try and come back. Much respect to him for trying.

Yeah, I was hard on him at first when he was healthy and was planning on (what we thought at the time was) a 10-14 absence for his son's birth. But since he was injured and clearly hobbled, it probably would have made sense for him to just remain with his family. I don't really think it was fair that the media and even the team used that 4-week timeline for a return. It created unrealistic expectations, leading some to even question the veracity of the grade 3 sprain. If they had simply said 6-8 weeks, we would have been able to accept the reality of the situation better.

I will reiterate that I admire him for making the sacrifice for the good of the team - he really showed what he is made of.

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 12:21:42 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
A healthy Hayward and we're getting hyped up to play LAL on Wednesday - AND we'd have a GOOD shot at beating them.

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 12:39:58 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 259
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
my wife asked me why he is always getting hurt. I like Hayward for our team but we have been waiting on this guy to be healthy for 2 years. I agree its not his fault, I remember when the bubble started i was like Hayward will be finally healed...and then he rolled the other ankle...smh this dude must feel cursed. its been one thing after that Max deal he signed. hopefully it ends here...let him enjoy a full season without any set backs.

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 12:51:33 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Get healthy, GH...enjoy that new baby get some rest, OPT IN next year and get ready to run this thing back.

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 12:52:51 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
I really doubt about GH future and our choice will impact us for sure. If we can grab a good big for our future (Okongwu?) or for the now (Thompson ?) I would say having GH as a seconde playmaker and 4th option is great...
 But his physic and even his mental is questionable. I didn't like his body language yesterday. Some players have bad luck all their career, hope Gordon is not in this category. If he signs a team friendly extension, like 80M in 4 years I would keep him. I want to believe in a beautofull story, where finally he helps us to win one or two titles...
And if we ant to gt rid of him to resign Smart or one of our rookies, we can still trade him away with this kind of contract.

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2020, 01:02:30 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
It's a good rule of thumb in pro sports - if a player's production drops off significantly and they're not too old, chances are they're playing hurt.  Whether the team says so or not. 

I was surprised he was as good as he was that first game back - and it was likely because he was playing on adrenalin. Last night it was obvious that he couldn't move well.

But what choice did they have?  Even at 50 or 60 percent, he can help a bit because at least he moves the ball unlike a couple of our key guys - and he can make an uncontested 3.