Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020  (Read 177277 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2019-2020
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2020, 04:28:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
So they're saying Mitchell is the youngest to score 50+ in a playoff game since Jordan.

I thought maybe until later tonight when Tatum does it.

Then the announcer (Mark Jones) says, "until later tonight..." and I thought ya he's going to plug Tatum.  Nope.  Doncic.

Well, to be honest that probably is more likely lol. Dallas needs Doncic to absolutely ball out if they want to beat the Clippers in the 1st round, or at the very least take them 6-7 games.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2020, 04:28:33 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
So they're saying Mitchell is the youngest to score 50+ in a playoff game since Jordan.

Then the announcer (Mark Jones) says, "until later tonight..." and I thought ya he's going to plug Tatum.  Nope.  Doncic.

Cs should really work to get Tatum superstar status..... with that comes superstar  calls and it helps your team The problem with the Cs is there is no consensus team leader.

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2020, 04:29:04 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
At one point I thought Utah had this. But Jamaal Murray....... whew!!!!

it seemed to turn south when Mitchell didn't get it past half court in time

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2020, 04:30:00 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Cs should really work to get Tatum superstar status..... with that comes superstar  calls and it helps your team The problem with the Cs is there is no consensus team leader.

There is, it's Marcus Smart. Many of the Celtics including Tatum and Brown openly stated that.

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2020, 04:32:58 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
How did Nets make it to the NBA playoffs. Should be a DUD.

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2020, 04:34:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

There is, it's Marcus Smart. Many of the Celtics including Tatum and Brown openly stated that.

Oh okay, my bad. Cs should annoint a team superstar. You know, the guy you want to get the calls. Right now there is no established go to star.

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2020, 04:38:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Oh okay, my bad. Cs should annoint a team superstar. You know, the guy you want to get the calls. Right now there is no established go to star.

Yeah, it's up to Stevens to campaign for more calls for his players, especially Tatum. All other coaches constantly do that for their main guys.

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2020, 04:38:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
How did Nets make it to the NBA playoffs. Should be a DUD.

The Raptors and Bucks basically have a bye week in the 1st round lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2020, 04:47:40 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Yeah, it's up to Stevens to campaign for more calls for his players, especially Tatum. All other coaches constantly do that for their main guys.

I'll be honest... I've never understood this criticism.  Brad talks to the refs a ton over the course of the average game.  Just because he isn't a disrespectful ass about it doesn't mean that he isn't campaigning for calls. 

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2020, 05:00:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

I'll be honest... I've never understood this criticism.  Brad talks to the refs a ton over the course of the average game.  Just because he isn't a disrespectful ass about it doesn't mean that he isn't campaigning for calls.

Doc, Bron , Pop , CP3  all ride the refs .....it must work or they would not do it.   You sure an't getting nothing by keeping quiet , but bad press with the fans.m.   Squeaky wheel gets the grease in politics and NBA

« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2020, 05:05:29 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Yep.  UTAH was up 4 at the time of that unforced turnover.   

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2020, 05:08:13 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I have the Jazz winning in 6 games I believe.

They're some tough customers between these two division rivals.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2020, 05:09:30 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Raptors dismantling the Nets. We sure the Celtics have the personnel to beat them?

Lol jk let's focus on getting past the 76ers first.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2020, 05:12:38 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

Yep.  UTAH was up 4 at the time of that unforced turnover.   

and it turn into an immediate 3, swung the momentum

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2020, 05:33:57 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Its not so much what coaches say to the refs during the games, its what they say about them to the media afterwards that gets the job done. Phil Jackson was a master at it. Doc is very good at it too. It doesn't even have to be angry or disrespectful , just well-timed clear statements to protect your guys and make your case. Something like 'well those were really some tough calls that went against Jayson down the stretch, I think that made an impact. He went to the hoop and just didn't get the calls.'