Author Topic: Naked Woman stares down police in Portland. This is amazing!  (Read 2096 times)

Re: Naked Woman stares down police in Portland. This is amazing!
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2020, 11:21:12 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 338
The irony to calling the naked women a terrorist/rioter/anarchist/violent is that the whole point of the nudity is to demonstrate she is literally no threat to police.

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2020, 11:25:20 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 2682
I am glad I don't live in Oregon.  And if I did I'd be packing up and getting the heck out as fast as possible.

I lived in a Portland suburb in the early 90s.  Back then, outside of the inner city, it was an ideal area.  So was Seattle. I went back in the early 2000’s, and it had changed completely. Now, from what I see on television and read about, both cities seem to vacillate between communism and anarchy.

It’s really, really sad. I feel worst for the people who live in Eastern Washington and Oregon, though. They have much more in common with Idaho and Montana, but are subjected to the same far, far left policies that emanate from their western cities

Don't worry Roy, we don't need you around here.

You’re on board with burning down cities?  Perhaps places need fewer folks like you and more who follow the rule of law?

Roy -

A few incidents aside MOST protesters around the country are peaceful.

You DO know this, right?

MOST of the protesters in Portland are, as well.

As I stated above - the Governor there as well as other politicians seem to believe these foreign agents are making things worse.

I'd say mobilize Portland Police and eject them (the shadow forces).
Augustus Freeman IV - the Superman of the South. Read Milestone Comics.

Good Trouble.

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2020, 11:26:13 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell
The irony to calling the naked women a terrorist/rioter/anarchist/violent is that the whole point of the nudity is to demonstrate she is literally no threat to police.

"Terrorist" is thrown about too often nowadays.

Good Trouble.

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2020, 11:26:16 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27134
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
I think the BIGGEST issue here - Body Politics aside - is that there are Foreign Occupiers in Portland that are apparently making things worse.

The Governor and other politicians there seem to believe they ARE making things worse - the foreign shadow forces.

Why don't Portland Police eject them? Take back THEIR streets?

There aren’t “foreign occupiers”, and the police *want* to take back their streets.  From criminals, though, not police.  Listen to the head of the police union:

Hours before what is expected to be the 53rd straight night of protests in the city, the head of the Portland police union said the community has “had enough.”

Portland Police Association President Daryl Turner, surrounded by 20 faith leaders, business owners, police officers and neighborhood residents, held a news conference in front of the union’s offices in North Portland. On Saturday, protesters broke in and lit a fire inside. The building itself was covered with graffiti.

“The elected officials have condoned the destruction and chaos,” said Turner. “They have placed their political agenda ahead safety and welfare of the community. This must stop.”

That man speaking truth to power is a strong black man, if it matters:

He, his officers, and the citizens of Portland have been abandoned.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat. CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012.

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2020, 11:35:02 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell
I think the BIGGEST issue here - Body Politics aside - is that there are Foreign Occupiers in Portland that are apparently making things worse.

The Governor and other politicians there seem to believe they ARE making things worse - the foreign shadow forces.

There aren’t “foreign occupiers”, and the police *want* to take back their streets.  From criminals, though, not police.  Listen to the head of the police union:

Hours before what is expected to be the 53rd straight night of protests in the city, the head of the Portland police union said the community has “had enough.”

Portland Police Association President Daryl Turner, surrounded by 20 faith leaders, business owners, police officers and neighborhood residents, held a news conference in front of the union’s offices in North Portland. On Saturday, protesters broke in and lit a fire inside. The building itself was covered with graffiti.

“The elected officials have condoned the destruction and chaos,” said Turner. “They have placed their political agenda ahead safety and welfare of the community. This must stop.”

Roy -

His "Hue" doesn't mean he (or ME or anyone else) - is free from scrutiny.

My questions are THIS:

Why is he "Having Enough".......NOW?

Why didn't Darryl "Have Enough" a month ago? Before the Shadow Forces showed up?

I find it a bit disingenuous for him and these so-called "Faith Leaders" to show up NOW - while the FIRES are burning - trying NOW to take back their city.

And why point the finger at their local elected officials? Why NOW? I mean - I don't think their local elected officials became bad overnight.............

Darryl and Co. could've EASILY did this a month ago.

Good Trouble.

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2020, 11:36:55 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1479

Yeah, I don't view her as anything other than a protester, not without more context. She was in no way violent or destructive from what info is available. Heck, I'm not even bothered by public nudity anyways, I couldn't care less if people want to walk around naked.

My commentary was more about the general situation out there. It's utter chaos.

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2020, 11:43:16 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

People who lock police in a building and then shoot fireworks into that same building would seem to fit the bill.

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2020, 11:46:36 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Roy -

My questions are THIS:

Why didn't Darryl "Have Enough" a month ago? Before the Shadow Forces showed up?

I find it a bit disingenuous for him and these so-called "Faith Leaders" to show up NOW - while the FIRES are burning - trying NOW to take back their city.

And why point the finger at their local elected officials? Why NOW? I mean - I don't think their local elected officials became bad overnight.............

People have been speaking about this all along. Recently, a woman was killed when a driver struck her on a highway she was attempting to block. Portland city officials had condoned that behavior for about three weeks.  Anarchist’s and rioters are openly attacking please, and have attempted to set fire to a federal courthouse. They have a cost tens of millions of dollars in damage.

Do you think that is acceptable behavior?

And what possible basis do you have for calling this man disingenuous? Is it because his truth conflicts with what you see on fake news CNN?

It seems like his actions preempt any talking point you may have heard, anyway.  He’s been publicly outspoken at least since 1 July, and he actually seems to be a quite thoughtful man:

The executive board of the Portland police rank-and-file union voted “no confidence'' in Portland’s City Council, questioning why city commissioners aren’t condemning the violence, fires and damage to businesses occurring in the city at the hands of some demonstrators.

Officer Daryl Turner, president of the Portland Police Association, on Wednesday repeated a criticism he has made in the last week that “a small number of people have hijacked'' important calls for social justice and racial equity and “used the cover of peaceful protests to burn and loot our City.”

Turner also at a news conference released an eight-point plan with suggestions on how to address changes that many police critics are demanding, though his ideas are called “Fund police reform” -- the opposite of a rallying cry among reformers to redistribute money from police budgets or abolish police departments entirely.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 11:52:25 AM by Roy H. »

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2020, 12:01:33 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell

Roy -

My questions are THIS:

People have been speaking about this all along. Recently, a woman was killed when a driver struck her on a highway she was attempting to block. Portland city officials had condoned that behavior for about three weeks.  Anarchist’s and rioters are openly attacking please, and have attempted to set fire to a federal courthouse. They have a cost tens of millions of dollars in damage.

And what possible basis do you have for calling this man disingenuous? Is it because his truth conflicts with what you see on fake news CNN?

It seems like his actions preempt any talking point you may have heard, anyway.  He’s been publicly outspoken at least since 1 July, and he actually seems to be a quite thoughtful man:

The executive board of the Portland police rank-and-file union voted “no confidence'' in Portland’s City Council, questioning why city commissioners aren’t condemning the violence, fires and damage to businesses occurring in the city at the hands of some demonstrators.

Officer Daryl Turner, president of the Portland Police Association, on Wednesday repeated a criticism he has made in the last week that “a small number of people have hijacked'' important calls for social justice and racial equity and “used the cover of peaceful protests to burn and loot our City.”

Turner also at a news conference released an eight-point plan with suggestions on how to address changes that many police critics are demanding, though his ideas are called “Fund police reform” -- the opposite of a rallying cry among reformers to redistribute money from police budgets or abolish police departments entirely.

roy -

Where in the world have you seen ANYTHING about Portland officicals condoning anything?

And why are you calling CNN "Fake News"? Are you questioning my intelligence?

And AGAIN - I STILL question Darryl's motives....all around this country there HAVE been some issues with Police Departments taking a step back and NOT getting involved...calling out...whatnot.

This has NOT been an issue around the ENTIRE country, thankfully. But I know in ATL there was such an issue a month or so ago.

Could THIS be the reason for the need of the Shadow Forces in Portland?

AGAIN - If Portland Elected officials are THIS bad then why have they NOT been voted out before? Surely they can't be showing their colors NOW....

I just don't believe ALL SIDES of the story are being told.

Good Trouble.

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2020, 12:11:29 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 338

People who lock police in a building and then shoot fireworks into that same building would seem to fit the bill.

I mean even by that standard, no not really. I think putting those people in the same category of individual as those who ran a plane into a building, shoot up a synagogue, or kidnap and murder school children is absolutely insane. I mean we all know the connotations of  that word and the loaded meaning it has in today's America.

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2020, 12:20:45 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 202
I apologize in advance for not knowing, but did anyone in the Portland police department have anything to do with the killing of a black man or woman? I thought the protest in Portland started with what happened to George Floyd.

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2020, 12:21:35 PM »

Offline gift

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 211

I mean even by that standard, no not really. I think putting those people in the same category of individual as those who ran a plane into a building, shoot up a synagogue, or kidnap and murder school children is absolutely insane. I mean we all know the connotations of  that word and the loaded meaning it has in today's America.

Not all terrorism may be equal, but I don't see how those tactics/aims wouldn't qualify as terrorism. I'm open to an alternate definition of terrorism, defining levels of terrorism and even a justification for terrorism. But I can't deny that the described actions are terrorism as defined in the modern era.

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2020, 12:21:53 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell

I mean - I wore a Navy Uniform on the day 9-11 happened....still remember that ENTIRE day even now....

To ME - "THOSE" people are / were terrorists...."JUST" those people who committed the ACT and NOT the Islamic Faith in general.

Good Trouble.

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2020, 12:22:13 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1479

Well, it's certainly not civil behavior either.  It's far beyond protesting/demonstrating.

As gift said above, terror comes in many forms, and I'm not convinced it has to be the most extreme manifestation of it to still be terrorism.  But yeah, if people want to call it something else that also conveys the seriousness of the criminality of the behavior, go ahead.

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2020, 12:29:48 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Roy -

My questions are THIS:

roy -

Where in the world have you seen ANYTHING about Portland officicals condoning anything?

And why are you calling CNN "Fake News"? Are you questioning my intelligence?

And AGAIN - I STILL question Darryl's motives....all around this country there HAVE been some issues with Police Departments taking a step back and NOT getting involved...calling out...whatnot.

This has NOT been an issue around the ENTIRE country, thankfully. But I know in ATL there was such an issue a month or so ago.

Could THIS be the reason for the need of the Shadow Forces in Portland?

AGAIN - If Portland Elected officials are THIS bad then why have they NOT been voted out before? Surely they can't be showing their colors NOW....

I just don't believe ALL SIDES of the story are being told.

GF, I just don’t see how further dialogue is helpful. You instantly make conclusions about people because you have not heard an alternative perspective. You rely heavily on one source of news, and trust it implicitly and uncritically.  When I point you to other sources, you seemingly make no effort to look into it.

If you want to do actual research on this and other stories, let me know and I will point you to some good sources. But, traditionally, my feeling is that in our discussions, you passionately defend whatever position CNN has told you to believe.  I think you are an intelligent, brave and passionate man to unfortunately is largely surrounded by an echo chamber.