Author Topic: Naked Woman stares down police in Portland. This is amazing!  (Read 2134 times)

Offline liam

• NCE
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1379
This was an amazing act of bravery.

Out of Portland tear gas, an apparition emerges, capturing the imagination of protesters

https://www.yahoo.com/news/portland-tear-gas-apparition-emerges-020522608.html

Re: Naked Woman stares down police in Portland. This is amazing!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 01:18:35 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27133
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Bravery?

She joined with the crazies who, according to your article, we’re “throwing rocks, bottles and pieces of metal” at police.  If you read further, you’ll see that rioters physically barricaded police inside a building, simultaneously shooting fireworks into that building.  And it’s not just police:

A street preacher was violently assaulted and carried away by a mob. A witness at the scene said that a gun had been pulled on him. The witness also said that another man was tied to a fence, beat, and then had the fence pushed over on top of him.

These are terrorists, and you’re celebrating them.  It’s sickening.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 01:28:27 AM by Roy H. »
Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat. CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012.

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 01:42:19 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • Dennis Johnson
Bravery?

She joined with the crazies who, according to your article, we’re “throwing rocks, bottles and pieces of metal” at police.  If you read further, you’ll see that rioters physically barricaded police inside a building, simultaneously shooting fireworks into that building.  And it’s not just police:

A street preacher was violently assaulted and carried away by a mob. A witness at the scene said that a gun had been pulled on him. The witness also said that another man was tied to a fence, beat, and then had the fence pushed over on top of him.

I was talking about this woman. Yes, very brave.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 01:47:15 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Bravery?

The woman aligned with terrorists?

What’s brave about her?  The police weren’t acting aggressively and weren’t using ammunition.  Police eventually left the area to ensure her safety.  They should have arrested her for obstructing justice.

The brave people are the cops putting their lives on the line against violent terrorists.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 01:55:28 AM by Roy H. »

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 01:59:16 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • Dennis Johnson
Bravery?

What’s brave about her?  The police weren’t acting aggressively and weren’t using ammunition.  Police eventually left the area to ensure her safety.  They should have arrested her for obstructing justice.

The brave people are the cops putting their lives on the line against violent terrorists.

She obviously wasn't armed!

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 02:43:14 AM »

Online gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 796
  • 2019 CS Historical Draft Champion
Bravery?

Neither of these groups are brave

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 05:13:49 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 298
  • The Truth
Brave ?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

She just wanted her 15 min of glory and a “nice” facebook/instagram story/cover photo or whatever.

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 06:23:39 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1769
You all know a lot more about this woman than I do.  So far she’s a courageous, attention-craving, terrorist.

I realize that blogs are intended (to some extent) for free-flowing unsubstantiated opinion, but you folks know nothing about this woman.   Yet you think you got her motives nailed down. Other than 15 minutes of naked yoga, you don’t know a single thing this woman has done in her life.

Isn’t bigotry, prejudice and racism in large part precisely about jumping to conclusions without sufficient information? 

Interesting story and obviously speculation about motive makes sense and would be expected.  But you aren’t speculating, you are concluding.  I guess the problem is more likely that I haven’t adapted yet to a world where lead-ins like “I think she may be” or “I wonder if” aren’t necessary.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 06:46:46 AM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 06:24:04 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 129
Idiot!!! So are others ppl who tearing up their cities and hurting ppl
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 06:29:11 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
You all know a lot more about this woman than I do.  So far she’s a courageous, attention-craving, terrorist.

I realize that blogs are intended (to some extent) for free-flowing unsubstantiated opinion, but you folks know nothing about this woman.   Yet you think you got her motives nailed down. Other than 15 minutes of naked yoga, you don’t know a single thing this woman has done in her life.

Isn’t prejudice and racism in large part precisely about jumping to conclusions without sufficient information? 

Interesting story and obviously speculation about motive makes sense and would be expected.  But you aren’t speculating, you are concluding.  I guess the problem is more likely that I haven’t adapted yet to a world where lead-ins like “I think she may be” or “I wonder if” aren’t necessary.

There’s certainly enough information to tell us which side she’s aligned with.

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 06:46:06 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• JoJo White

Isn’t prejudice and racism in large part precisely about jumping to conclusions without sufficient information? 

To be clear, you are saying every protester in Portland is a terrorist?  If so, I understand your conclusion about her.

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 06:49:52 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

To be clear, you are saying every protester in Portland is a terrorist?  If so, I understand your conclusion about her.

Lol.  “Understand” away up there on your high horse while you put words in the mouth of we poor plebeians.

Why don’t you do some reading about what was going on before lecturing the rest of us.  Is “to be clear” one of those equivocal phrases that you like to use that makes you better than anybody else? 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 07:01:36 AM by Roy H. »

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 07:10:41 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• JoJo White

Lol.  “Understand” away up there on your high horse while you put words in the mouth of we poor plebeians.

Why don’t you do some reading about what was going on before lecturing the rest of us.  Is “to be clear” one of those equivocal phrases that you like to use that makes you better than anybody else?

No. It was an honest question. I’m aware of the violence in Portland. And I don’t consider myself to be smarter than you / in fact I usually think the opposite.

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 07:11:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 2464
 :police:Hopefully more women will do the same ...  :angel:

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 07:32:17 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

No. It was an honest question. I’m aware of the violence in Portland. And I don’t consider myself to be smarter than you / in fact I usually think the opposite.

To me, leading questions that articulate a position never taken by the other person in a conversation tend not to be neither sincere nor helpful, especially when followed up by a judgmental comment.  But water under the bridge.

To be clear (haha) the group immediately behind this woman has spent several weeks committing arson, assaulting police and destroying property.  That night in particular terrorists were barricading police in a federal courthouse while shooting fireworks into the building.  On the street, they were hurling rocks and projectiles at police.

If somebody is cheering and encouraging those people and providing them support, what would you call them?

I see it like this.  If you go to a Celtics / Lakers game and boo the Lakers, that’s your right as a Celtics fan.  If you make rude signs and chant, fine.

But, if you lock the Lakers in their lockerroom, shoot fireworks in there, and pelt them with projectiles, you’re at best a violent criminal.  People who cheer you on while not actively participating in the violent activity are pretty crappy human beings themselves.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 07:40:11 AM by Roy H. »