Author Topic: Trump Commutes Roger Stone's Sentence  (Read 1812 times)

Re: Trump Commutes Roger Stone's Sentence
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2020, 04:23:27 PM »

Online Ogaju

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1283
At least one republican still knows right from wrong:

"WASHINGTON — Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, on Saturday criticized President Donald Trump’s decision to commute the prison sentence of Roger Stone, calling it “unprecedented, historic corruption.”

“An American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president,” Romney wrote on Twitter."

Empty words. Do something about it.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 04:27:54 PM »

Online blink

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 754

"WASHINGTON — Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, on Saturday criticized President Donald Trump’s decision to commute the prison sentence of Roger Stone, calling it “unprecedented, historic corruption.”

“An American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president,” Romney wrote on Twitter."

Actually Romney is one of the only Republicans to do anything about it, he voted for one of the articles of impeachment and has spoken out against Trump a number of times.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2020, 04:36:29 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175

Actually Romney is one of the only Republicans to do anything about it, he voted for one of the articles of impeachment and has spoken out against Trump a number of times.

I think it's hard to criticize Romney. He'd be a Republican I'd vote for.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 09:18:20 PM »

Online Ogaju

• Frank Ramsey

Actually, it isnt that hard to criticize Romney. Didnt he lobby to join the Trump Administration? These are leaders they are supposed to lead, not follow.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2020, 09:50:55 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 768

Actually, it isnt that hard to criticize Romney. Didnt he lobby to join the Trump Administration? These are leaders they are supposed to lead, not follow.

I thought it was Trump who lobbied him to join, and after their meeting both of them realized it wasn't going to work. It was reported that Romney's refusal to apologize for his past criticisms of Trump is the main reason Trump refused to offer him the job. Romney was hoping to have a chance to push Trump in the right direction.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 10:07:24 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2020, 10:28:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1379
Mueller finally speaks up again. He is just one more person that is tired of the lies and criminality of the current administration.

"Mueller defends Russia probe, says Stone remains a felon"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-defends-russia-probe-says-224804208.html

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2020, 10:32:31 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 768
We need a heck of a lot more Republicans to speak up. Its really sad that almost none of them have the courage to stand against Trump for their beliefs. In the long run, their enabling of Trump is going to cause long-term damage to their careers and to the Republican party.

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2020, 10:36:42 PM »

Online Ogaju

• Frank Ramsey
Mueller finally speaks up again. He is just one more person that is tired of the lies and criminality of the current administration.

Mueller? Do you know how much of our tax dollars this guy burned through and then couldnt defend it in a congressional hearing?

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2020, 11:02:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • Dennis Johnson

Mueller? Do you know how much of our tax dollars this guy burned through and then couldnt defend it in a congressional hearing?

Are you talking about Robert Mueller American hero? Who brought evidence of corruption to the senate and they refused to act? 

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2020, 11:44:44 PM »

Online blink

• Danny Ainge

Do you know that the Mueller investigation actually brought in a lot of money to the US government.  I am surprised you didn't know that.  Even if it didn't make much money for the US (it did) it would still be ok.  What are we supposed to do as a federal government when Russia interferes in our election?  Oh we can't afford to investigate it, it costs too much.  The price tag for the investigation isn't really a big deal.  Look up our total US budget and tell me we can't spend 30 mil trying to make sure our elections aren't hijacked again.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/12/mueller-russia-investigation-costs/2736507002/

PS:  The Mueller investigation will be a drop in the bucket compared to the big one that might / should be coming, a full on top to bottom investigation into our country's horrible response to the Corona virus.  That one is coming folks. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 11:56:58 PM by blink »

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2020, 01:27:07 AM »

Online Ogaju

• Frank Ramsey

Do you know that the Mueller investigation actually brought in a lot of money to the US government.  I am surprised you didn't know that.  Even if it didn't make much money for the US (it did) it would still be ok.  What are we supposed to do as a federal government when Russia interferes in our election?  Oh we can't afford to investigate it, it costs too much.  The price tag for the investigation isn't really a big deal.  Look up our total US budget and tell me we can't spend 30 mil trying to make sure our elections aren't hijacked again.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/12/mueller-russia-investigation-costs/2736507002/

PS:  The Mueller investigation will be a drop in the bucket compared to the big one that might / should be coming, a full on top to bottom investigation into our country's horrible response to the Corona virus.  That one is coming folks.

the investigation was not the problem the work-product is what I have a problem with. With all that money he should have done a better job with the investigation and defending his work-product. He was pretty horrible before congress.

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2020, 02:17:05 AM »

Online blink

• Danny Ainge

the investigation was not the problem the work-product is what I have a problem with. With all that money he should have done a better job with the investigation and defending his work-product. He was pretty horrible before congress.

Mueller wasn't the problem.  His investigation all but proved obstruction of justice.  He listed 10 acts of obstruction in his report.  There was also evidence in the public of abuse of power, it was clear.  It wasn't Mueller's fault, it was the Senate's refusal to act.

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2020, 02:55:28 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • Dennis Johnson

Mueller wasn't the problem.  His investigation all but proved obstruction of justice.  He listed 10 acts of obstruction in his report.  There was also evidence in the public of abuse of power, it was clear.  It wasn't Mueller's fault, it was the Senate's refusal to act.

Mueller should've gone after more people that would be pardoned or not charged. Mueller taught us all that the POTUS is above the law.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 05:52:22 PM by liam »

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2020, 07:35:43 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Tacko Fall
  • Tommy Points: 94
I am kind of to the point where I wouldn't be all that sad to see Trump have a Mussolini-style ending.

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2020, 08:28:38 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1768
I am kind of to the point where I wouldn't be all that sad to see Trump have a Mussolini-style ending.

I'd be happy with  a thorough, spectacular trouncing in November the likes of which haven't been seen before.  In all honesty I'll be relieved if Biden gets 270 electoral votes, but the best outcome would be a landslide rejection.   He deserves nothing less.