Author Topic: DeSean Jackson & Stephen Jackson's 'questionable,' comments  (Read 3456 times)

Re: DeSean Jackson & Stephen Jackson's 'questionable,' comments
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 05:11:13 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Worth listening to Max Kellerman on this topic
https://youtu.be/TEPGvp8B9R0
But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

Outside of the OP's post (which I could BARELY read the image) there was LITTLE I had to go on.

Stephen A nails the ENTIRE thing, at least for ME.

DeSean apologized. And his TRACK RECORD (as Stephen A so eloquently states) illustrates that he is NOT an agitator.

We should NOT use his mistake to BLUDGEON him.

But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

Outside of the OP's post (which I could BARELY read the image) there was LITTLE I had to go on.

DeSean apologized. And his TRACK RECORD (as Stephen A so eloquently states) illustrates that he is NOT an agitator.

My problem with DeSean's post is I personally don't think it doesn't matter if that was Hitler or Farrakhan. Even if he has or hasn't had a history sharing racially divisive comments, that is still one disgusting thing to even share, let alone to million of others who will be viewing your story.

I also don't even give credence or credit to Stephen Jackson either. He's been one of the biggest hypocrites in the NBA.

My problem with Stephen Jackson is hes okay with derogatory, racist quotes from literally Adolf Hitler or whoever it was that created the quote, as long it doesnt diss black people. The quote is racist and anti-Semitic. If you agree with this quote, how are you any better than those who say similarly racist stuff about black people? One step forward, two steps back, Stephen.

Literally this is calling for a conspiracy that Jews are holding down the true "children of Israel," in DeSean Jackson's and Louis Farrkhan's opinions.

These are anti-semites. I don't think they should be cancelled or targeted. But they should instead be educated on their ignorant and naive misinformation.

Did Stephen A address Stephen Jackson? I did not hear him do so.

But I can go with his commentary on DeSean Jackson. If you listen to it in its ENTIRETY it ALSO paints a not-too-pretty picture of the Philadelphia Eagles organization...............

Max Kellerman said it best in my opinion. I really don't like his hot takes, but I'm starting to realize that he does it mainly for shock value & entertainment. That being said, I normally avoid watching ESPN altogether.

As for Stephen A Smith, he did, here's the link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_-5QtVqtuc&feature=emb_logo

Stephen A Smith had some great points, but then went on a tangent about how white people in higher positions of power 'oppress.'

Sure, I can say that makes sense, but while he isn't describing Jewish people as the 'whites,' that oppress. It's still disappointing how he talked about SJax's impertinence as his actions and words were merely 'distractions,' from BLM, and not really Anti-Semitic, which is the gist of my point.

It's not racist to say that in the past, the black empowerment movement had issues with anti-semitism in the form of Farrakhan, the Black Hebrew Israelites, and the Nation of Islam. Many famous historical figures identified and sympathized with the explicitly anti-semetic portions of ideals of these movements. And it is also not racist to say that many of those ideals still exist today.

There are a wealth of way better role models and figures out there to look up and learn knowledge from. Someone like past Farrakhan only encourages more lackluster ugly history to follow behind him if you choose to listen to him.

The last thing we need is marginalized communities pushing each other down.

And finally, I've heard horror stories about the Eagles organization, but that doesn't give DeSean Jackson nor Stephen Jackson leeway of committing clear acts of Anti-semitism...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 07:47:30 PM »

Online GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 2682
But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

My problem with DeSean's post is I personally don't think it doesn't matter if that was Hitler or Farrakhan. Even if he has or hasn't had a history sharing racially divisive comments, that is still one disgusting thing to even share, let alone to million of others who will be viewing your story.

I also don't even give credence or credit to Stephen Jackson either. He's been one of the biggest hypocrites in the NBA.

My problem with Stephen Jackson is hes okay with derogatory, racist quotes from literally Adolf Hitler or whoever it was that created the quote, as long it doesnt diss black people. The quote is racist and anti-Semitic. If you agree with this quote, how are you any better than those who say similarly racist stuff about black people? One step forward, two steps back, Stephen.

Literally this is calling for a conspiracy that Jews are holding down the true "children of Israel," in DeSean Jackson's and Louis Farrkhan's opinions.

These are anti-semites. I don't think they should be cancelled or targeted. But they should instead be educated on their ignorant and naive misinformation.

But I can go with his commentary on DeSean Jackson. If you listen to it in its ENTIRETY it ALSO paints a not-too-pretty picture of the Philadelphia Eagles organization...............

Max Kellerman said it best in my opinion. I really don't like his hot takes, but I'm starting to realize that he does it mainly for shock value & entertainment. That being said, I normally avoid watching ESPN altogether.

Stephen A Smith had some great points, but then went on a tangent about how white people in higher positions of power 'oppress.'

Sure, I can say that makes sense, but while he isn't describing Jewish people as the 'whites,' that oppress. It's still disappointing how he talked about SJax's impertinence as his actions and words were merely 'distractions,' from BLM, and not really Anti-Semitic, which is the gist of my point.

It's not racist to say that in the past, the black empowerment movement had issues with anti-semitism in the form of Farrakhan, the Black Hebrew Israelites, and the Nation of Islam. Many famous historical figures identified and sympathized with the explicitly anti-semetic portions of ideals of these movements. And it is also not racist to say that many of those ideals still exist today.

There are a wealth of way better role models and figures out there to look up and learn knowledge from. Someone like past Farrakhan only encourages more lackluster ugly history to follow behind him if you choose to listen to him.

And finally, I've heard horror stories about the Eagles organization, but that doesn't give DeSean Jackson nor Stephen Jackson leeway of committing clear acts of Anti-semitism...

I agree.

I'm sure he'll get reprimanded for it.

But he ALREADY ahead of most - being that he apologized....

He has a trait of admitting wrong-doing that Our President doesn't have.
Augustus Freeman IV - the Superman of the South. Read Milestone Comics.

Good Trouble.

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 08:18:47 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1479
But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

I agree.

Reading more about DeSean Jackson, it does seem he might see why he was wrong.  He says he'll try to understand better why he was, so I'll take him at his word.

Stephen Jackson, however, seems to be going all in on the antisemitism and has since gone on to talk about the Jews owning all the banks and holding blacks down.

Zach Banner made some really good points

We need to understand that Jewish people deal with the same amount of hate and similar hardships and hard times. Im not trying to get emotional right now. I want to preach to the black and brown community that we need to uplift them (the Jewish community) and put our arms around them just as much when we talk about Black Lives Matter and elevating ourselves. We cant do that while stepping on the back of other people to elevate ourselves. Thats very important to me and should be important to everyone.

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 08:25:17 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

I agree.

Sure, he apologized, but... Apologies are just apologies.

This guy is the perfect example of what 'fake apologies,' look like.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/video-silicon-valley-ceo-gets-kicked-out-of-restaurant-for-racist-rant-toward-asian-american-family

In the video, Lofthouse can be seen extending his middle finger toward the family and saying, "Trump's gonna f--- you," followed by "You need to f---ing leave, you Asian piece of Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again.." A server then came by and demanded that he leave and never return to the restaurant.

San Francisco tech CEO Michael Lofthouse issued an apology to an Asian American family after going on a racially charged tirade at a restaurant in Carmel Valley.

Lofthouse, who founded cloud-computing firm Solid8, said his behavior toward the Chan family over the weekend was "appalling" after a video showing him yelling at the family and subsequently being kicked out of the restaurant went viral.

If he truly meant it, I'm sure people will see through that and return the favor.

Stephen Jackson on the other hand, lol... He not only doubled down quad times, but he literally seems to follow in the same suit as Ice Cube, which I just cannot respect at all.

It deeply saddens me.

But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

I agree.

Reading more about DeSean Jackson, it does seem he might see why he was wrong.  He says he'll try to understand better why he was, so I'll take him at his word.

Stephen Jackson, however, seems to be going all in on the antisemitism and has since gone on to talk about the Jews owning all the banks and holding blacks down.

Zach Banner made some really good points

We need to understand that Jewish people deal with the same amount of hate and similar hardships and hard times. Im not trying to get emotional right now. I want to preach to the black and brown community that we need to uplift them (the Jewish community) and put our arms around them just as much when we talk about Black Lives Matter and elevating ourselves. We cant do that while stepping on the back of other people to elevate ourselves. Thats very important to me and should be important to everyone.

Oh for sure, Stephen Jackson is just the perfect example of a hypocrite.

And you know the crazy thing is ESPN hasn't fired him yet. He's been seen throughout many talk shows and made many media appearances including Up in Smoke Podcast, so I really wonder how Barnes feels about all of this...

We need to band together right now considering these dark times. Unity is key.

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 08:26:09 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1261
  • Sometimes there's no sane reason for optimism
I love how we live in an age where we get to hear and discuss Desean (and Stephen) Jackson's opinion about who the real children of Israel were. Like, you have to be kidding me, right? I understand that athletes and entertainers are given a platform on which they can make a difference, but most of them don't deserve that platform. The only thing more troubling than the majority holding down a minority is when minorities go after each other. Talk about a great way to isolate yourself.

I haven't read or watched any of the provided links in this thread - only the responses - so maybe I am out of line, but not only is this totally wacky - like, Kyrie-level wacky - but it is disgusting.

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2020, 07:58:11 AM »

Online Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 318
I've rarely valued Stephen Jackson's opinion and this just supports that. I hope he doesn't expect people to take him seriously in the future.

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2020, 08:13:50 AM »

Online GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 2682
As hard as it may seem to stomach Stephen Jackson's comments and viewpoints we SHOULD frame this on his life over the last several months...

He "adopted" George Floyd's daughter after the senseless murder - and evidently KNEW George Floyd as well.

He always seemed like a hot head - even BEFORE the Floyd Tragedy.....now?

He's angry, bitter...probably a bit afraid....frustrated.....among other things.

I've felt ALL of those emotions myself...even a bit of depression because of the state of this country and those RUNNING it right now.......

Does this excuse his or Desean's comments? No - it doesn't.

But as ALWAYS we NEED to properly FRAME the "WHY" as to some folks' actions.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 08:56:40 AM by GreenFaith1819 »
Augustus Freeman IV - the Superman of the South. Read Milestone Comics.

Good Trouble.

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2020, 09:34:25 AM »

Online Birdman

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 129
They apologize because of the backlash they got..if u didnt mean to say it, then why say it
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2020, 09:43:30 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1254
  • What a Pub Should Be
Some comments from Jules

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2020, 05:24:13 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
As hard as it may seem to stomach Stephen Jackson's comments and viewpoints we SHOULD frame this on his life over the last several months...

He "adopted" George Floyd's daughter after the senseless murder - and evidently KNEW George Floyd as well.

He's angry, bitter...probably a bit afraid....frustrated.....among other things.

I've felt ALL of those emotions myself...even a bit of depression because of the state of this country and those RUNNING it right now.......

Yes, I agree, people forget that Stephen Jackson was very close to Floyd. They grew up together in public housing in Texas.

"When me and Floyd met, we met in the hood, in Third Ward," Jackson said, referring to an area of Houston, Texas, where the two grew up. "Once we saw each other, the first thing we said was... 'Who your daddy? And he said 'Who your daddy?' That's how much we looked alike."

"From then on we was going down the same path," the former NBA player told the rapper. "The only thing that separated me and Georgie was that I had more opportunity," adding that Floyd was a "stand-up guy."

Jackson, 42, went on to explain why calling for justice in Floyd's case is so important, and what he believes is the most effective way to incite change.

"Everybody standing side by side, thats the only way its gonna get done and I stand for that," he said of continuing the protests around the nation. "We gotta hold everyone accountable now."

But it doesn't change the fact, if you want equality, and you're leading the charge on, 'holding everyone accountable,' then it SHOULD apply to you ALSO!

Just like police officers shouldn't be above the law, neither should you!

Is Stephen Jackson a good person? Probably. He seems very charismatic, and he definitely has a good heart. Taking care of his friend's daughter is noble and honorable, no doubt, much respect to him for that.

I didn't want to make this thread only to solely point out these two athletes, because as
Barkley once said, I'm not a role model. Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids.

But my take from that is once you become a professional athlete, you are indeed a role model to the public. What you say, what you preach, and what you initiate becomes centralized and public to the viewers and younger adolescents of the sports we all come to love and share.

But his matter of intent is still dishonest, and fallacious. Just like if your friend is doing something morally wrong, I would call them out.

When we neglect others out of superficial wisdom, fake respect, phony knowledgewe tell ourselves its their life; we say its not our responsibility; we dont want to get involved. !@#$ that. Get involved. Or well all feel the pain.
― The RZA, The Tao of Wu

It will only damage his reputation, along with the people that surround him, and further invoke segregation between the marginalized groups. No matter what his matter of intent is, we need to band together as human beings. I believe one day, we will be able to find our inner peace within ourselves and stop this foolishness. We all bleed the same.

That being said, Kanter also came out with a video interview on CNN calling out DeSean & SJax:

Link: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCbPd6VlCFo/?igshid=i867q29zj7gb

I hope that Stephen Jackson sees the errors of his ways. In order for us to truly shine as one, we must come together as one. I get his close friend is dead, and he wants justice. But you can't have it both ways.

The silence, like I've stated numerous times, is deafening and it sends a clear signal. Unfortunately, the double standard here is also transparent.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 05:31:11 PM by Monkhouse »

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2020, 05:59:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27134
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

There are a lot of disaffected whites, as well.  Are you as understanding of their racism?  Does it matter why somebody hates another based upon race or creed?
Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat. CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012.

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2020, 06:57:13 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
https://streamable.com/u4omy2

This guy is literally digging himself a hole further and further.

Notice how DeSean Jackson said his apology, and everyone moved on.

I believe people can change, but dude really? Do you NOT see the parallels and the hypocrisy to what you're doing?

"I have Jewish friends."

Okay?

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2020, 04:18:42 AM »

Online Ogaju

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1283
our media is failing us in a big  way. Shock journalism is the order of the day, and there is little attempt at news.

I have always warned folks, just because a guy is sucessful in one field does not make him an authority in other fields. This goes for doctors, lawyers, football players, and every other profession.

When these athletes and their shock journalist delve into topics beyond them their ignorance is usually magnified by the their quest for sensation.

People should not really take them seriously in areas other than their expertise.

I think it is kinda racist to have black athletes make intellectual comments on social issues when there are a multitude of black intellectuals that could do a better job. Black kids need to be exposed to the reality that there is another way to achieve success other than sports.

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2020, 11:04:52 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 828
The stuff about the Rothschilds, the "elites," and the Illuminati all reference far-right conspiracy theories that Jews control the world and want to destroy America etc. It's very close to what people like Mel Gibson and Alex Jones (allegedly) believe.

It's legit hate speech. If one went to the to Daily Stormer or 8chan with that stuff one would find a receptive audience.

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2020, 11:16:07 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 828
So i'm a fan of the Flash TV show (it has its share of flaws, but when it's good, it's really good).

I finished the most recent (and sadly abbreviated) season on Netflix the other day and then saw on the internet that Hartley Sawyer, the actor who played Elongated Man, has been fired for racist and misogynistic tweets.

Turns out those tweets were 6-8 years ago when he was 25 and not famous. And none of them come across as even vaguely serious. Yes they could be construed as offensive, and are of questionable taste, but they are clearly in jest and not malicious. He apologized for his actions to no avail.

Now this guy has been publicly shamed, fired, and probably blacklisted.

In the meanwhile Stephen Jackson doubles down on hate and gets to keep his job? What is the disconnect here? IMO if Jackson were white he would have been fired instantaneously.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hartley-sawyer-fired-flash-misogynist-tweets-surface-1297483