Author Topic: DeSean Jackson & Stephen Jackson's 'questionable,' comments  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
How is this not talked more?

DeSean Jackson released this very questionable Anti-Semitic Instagram post.

To top it off:

Kevin Durant, and JR Smith also liked his comments, and JR Smith posted with a black fist emoji.

Then Stephen Jackson said this:

Stephen Jackson (NBA): "He was trying to educate people, educate himself, and he speaking the truth."

No, Stephen. He was not indeed speaking the truth.

As an Asian American, I respect what the BLM has brought for us. I know change is necessary, along with black people's voices being heard. We need equality and social justice. However, I don't respect anyone who uses that movement as a way to push other minority groups down either. Two wrongs don't make a right. This tells me even though we're on the path to changing the status quo, we are still yet once again divided.

As an Asian American, I know all too often well that our voices are silenced and we endure racist treatment from all kinds of people. COVID-19 has only worsened that xenophobia.

At the end of the day, there's no good answer for this. Hilter was one of the worst human being who killed millions of people, I cannot fathom how a black man, or any minority can think using Hilter quotes as a reason to discriminate against a certain group.

In a time where there is a pandemic and social equality/justice in dire need - we need to stand by each other as human beings.

EDIT:

And the sad truth is - he probably will go unpunished.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: DeSean Jackson & Stephen Jackson's 'questionable,' comments
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 12:39:12 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1479
So are they actually supporting what Hitler said, or posting it as an example of the disgusting things people are capable of?

I just want to get that clear before I comment any further.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 12:48:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
So are they actually supporting what Hitler said, or posting it as an example of the disgusting things people are capable of?

I just want to get that clear before I comment any further.

I don't quite understand the conjecture either. At first, I thought DeSean Jackson had his "ah-HA!" eureka type of moments and decided to share this post as a way to share 'insight.' But then Stephen Jackson responded with a since then deleted video with disparaging comments then doubled down and posted this video: https://streamable.com/yk2vur

Then he posted this on IG.

__

I agree there should be no room for hate, but there shouldn't be double standards either.

I guess my point is how does Drew Brees make one distasteful comment, but wasn't even close to what Jackson did. Yet Brees generated reactions from his own teammates, other NFL players and even LeBron within a matter of hours.

Jackson posts anti-semitism comment, and lo and behold, crickets....

Other than the Eagles releasing one statement, there has been deafening silence.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 01:01:47 PM by Monkhouse »

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 01:09:21 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 630
It's my understanding that some black people believe they are the descendants of one of the lost, exiled tribes of Israel going back to 2800 years ago. In the Biblical and historical story, the 10 Northern tribes were taken into exile by the terrifying Assyrian kingdom, but in the apocryphal/mythical tradition, some tribes got away and attempted to establish themselves elsewhere as far south as Ethiopia and as far east as China. Is that where this comes from? Anyone know?

Hopefully a question like this in these racially charged times won't be offensive to anyone. I'm genuinely curious about the roots and foundations of such statements.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 01:18:35 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
It's my understanding that some black people believe they are the descendants of one of the lost, exiled tribes of Israel going back to 2800 years ago. In the Biblical and historical story, the 10 Northern tribes were taken into exile by the terrifying Assyrian kingdom, but in the apocryphal/mythical tradition, some tribes got away and attempted to establish themselves elsewhere as far south as Ethiopia and as far east as China. Is that where this comes from? Anyone know?

Hopefully a question like this in these racially charged times won't be offensive to anyone. I'm genuinely curious about the roots and foundations of such statements.

That is pretty interesting, and I would like to know also!

But if we're being realistic, I don't think Stephen Jackson meant it like that. And if he did, I think he would've voiced that by now.

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 01:26:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 2683
Both of these gentlemen are thoughtful, intelligent AND expressive.

I saw this first hand as a Washington fan when Desean graced our uniform.

Don't think we've had that kind of DEEP THREAT since he left....he was a FAVORITE target of Kirk Cousins.........

Anyways that being said I'd love for him and Stephen to appear on Breakfast Club with Charlamagne Tha God and Co and explain himself better.

Knowing both of these men, there's considerable truth to what they are talking about but NEEDS to be explained in their OWN words.

It is SO EASY to misconstrue each other digitally...most of us do often (myself included).

Didn't Amare Stoudemire move himself and his family to Israel a few years ago for similar reasons?

It is one thing to HEAR someone...another still to LISTEN.
Augustus Freeman IV - the Superman of the South. Read Milestone Comics.

Good Trouble.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 01:33:08 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 630

That is pretty interesting, and I would like to know also!

But if we're being realistic, I don't think Stephen Jackson meant it like that. And if he did, I think he would've voiced that by now.

Yeah. Just fair warning, from my research on the histories around that time, the evidence that supports this is small. It really is more mythical/apocryphal in nature. My main question is whether anyone knows if that is the foundation from which statements like this come.

Still, the story of the suffering of the Israelites during their history from the time of the Exodus to the time of the Exile has resonated with many groups of people over the last 28 centuries. There's truth to be learned and sense to made of the suffering in their story, especially for oppressed groups.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 01:57:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Both of these gentlemen are thoughtful, intelligent AND expressive.

I saw this first hand as a Washington fan when Desean graced our uniform.

Don't think we've had that kind of DEEP THREAT since he left....he was a FAVORITE target of Kirk Cousins.........

Anyways that being said I'd love for him and Stephen to appear on Breakfast Club with Charlamagne Tha God and Co and explain himself better.

Knowing both of these men, there's considerable truth to what they are talking about but NEEDS to be explained in their OWN words.

It is SO EASY to misconstrue each other digitally...most of us do often (myself included).

Didn't Amare Stoudemire move himself and his family to Israel a few years ago for similar reasons?

It is one thing to HEAR someone...another still to LISTEN.

I used to like Breakfast Club, and I still like Charlamgne Tha God, but their quality of content, discussions and conversations have diminished. That being said, I agree with the your point about us misconstruing each other digitally, it's why I hate texting so much because I get confused when people give subjective replies.

But that being said, isn't that a distinct double standard in itself? Drew Brees says one ignorant comment and gets ridiculed endlessly, but DeSean Jackson says something crazy and outlandish, and we're all quick to defend him?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:32:52 PM by Monkhouse »

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 02:11:41 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 415
Worth listening to Max Kellerman on this topic
https://youtu.be/TEPGvp8B9R0
But not Stephan A.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:17:23 PM by apc »

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 02:42:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1479
So, I spent the better part of my lunch reading up on this.

Jackson's statement and subsequent half-hearted apology are mind-blowingly disgusting bigotry.  There should be no silence about this.  Defending what he said is unacceptable.  Just because your race has been oppressed doesn't make it acceptable to spew hate towards another race/ethnicity.

The most ironic part, Hitler didn't even say this, it was some other bigot.  But that he thought quoting Hitler is okay at all is jaw dropping in and of itself.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 03:06:31 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell
But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

Outside of the OP's post (which I could BARELY read the image) there was LITTLE I had to go on.

Stephen A nails the ENTIRE thing, at least for ME.

DeSean apologized. And his TRACK RECORD (as Stephen A so eloquently states) illustrates that he is NOT an agitator.

We should NOT use his mistake to BLUDGEON him.

Good Trouble.

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 03:33:50 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

Outside of the OP's post (which I could BARELY read the image) there was LITTLE I had to go on.

DeSean apologized. And his TRACK RECORD (as Stephen A so eloquently states) illustrates that he is NOT an agitator.

But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

My problem with DeSean's post is I personally don't think it doesn't matter if that was Hitler or Farrakhan. Even if he has or hasn't had a history sharing racially divisive comments, that is still one disgusting thing to even share, let alone to million of others who will be viewing your story.

I also don't even give credence or credit to Stephen Jackson either. He's been one of the biggest hypocrites in the NBA.

My problem with Stephen Jackson is hes okay with derogatory, racist quotes from literally Adolf Hitler or whoever it was that created the quote, as long it doesnt diss black people. The quote is racist and anti-Semitic. If you agree with this quote, how are you any better than those who say similarly racist stuff about black people? One step forward, two steps back, Stephen.

Literally this is calling for a conspiracy that Jews are holding down the true "children of Israel," in DeSean Jackson's and Louis Farrkhan's opinions.

These are anti-semites. I don't think they should be cancelled or targeted. But they should instead be educated on their ignorant and naive misinformation.

__

From what I've gathered these past few weeks, all of these controversies over the past few years demonstrate that our education system needs a lot of work. When you defund education, it is clear that people grow up without adequate reading comprehension skills, critical thinking skills, knowledge of history, or understanding of what it means to be biased or discriminatory. I mean, we cannot ignore that American schools try to dictate or teach you ridiculous things while ignoring stuff like The Tulsa Massacre/Emmett Till.

I will say, we can actually thank social media for bringing the breadth of this issue to light. Decades ago, DeSean Jackson's and Stephen Jackson's ignorance and bigotry probably would've been isolated among those who actually talk to him, but now we're seeing that there are plenty more misinformed and ignorant people in existence than we previously thought.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 03:56:23 PM by Monkhouse »

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 03:55:59 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell
But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

My problem with DeSean's post is I personally don't think it doesn't matter if that was Hitler or Farrakhan. Even if he has or hasn't had a history sharing racially divisive comments, that is still one disgusting thing to even share, let alone to million of others who will be viewing your story.

I also don't even give credence or credit to Stephen Jackson either. He's been one of the biggest hypocrites in the NBA.

My problem with Stephen Jackson is hes okay with derogatory, racist quotes from literally Adolf Hitler or whoever it was that created the quote, as long it doesnt diss black people. The quote is racist and anti-Semitic. If you agree with this quote, how are you any better than those who say similarly racist stuff about black people? One step forward, two steps back, Stephen.

Literally this is calling for a conspiracy that Jews are holding down the true "children of Israel," in DeSean Jackson's and Louis Farrkhan's opinions.

These are anti-semites. I don't think they should be cancelled or targeted. But they should instead be educated on their ignorant and naive misinformation.

Did Stephen A address Stephen Jackson? I did not hear him do so.

But I can go with his commentary on DeSean Jackson. If you listen to it in its ENTIRETY it ALSO paints a not-too-pretty picture of the Philadelphia Eagles organization...............

Good Trouble.

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 04:48:54 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 415
But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

But I can go with his commentary on DeSean Jackson. If you listen to it in its ENTIRETY it ALSO paints a not-too-pretty picture of the Philadelphia Eagles organization...............
Stephan A is using the Eagles actions in the past as an excuse for Desean posts- that excuse does not make it ok.

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 04:59:17 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell
But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

But not Stephan A.

Thanks for this.

Stephan A is using the Eagles actions in the past as an excuse for Desean posts- that excuse does not make it ok.

I get that..

I think we have to learn to accept folks' apologies, though....

At least HE did apologize.

Folks should NOT vilify him for it - especially when his TRACK RECORD is not one of division.

Good Trouble.