Author Topic: The latest homicide at the hands of police canít be tolerated  (Read 60850 times)

Re: The latest homicide at the hands of police canít be tolerated
« Reply #1620 on: September 14, 2020, 01:36:41 AM »

Offline gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 889
  • 2019 CS Historical Draft Champion
Terrible police shooting in Compton Calfornia a couple of Sherrif deputies shot by in their car by an assailant, no idea why? Guy just walks up to a parked unit and shoots into the car. Gang initiation? Assailant is on the loose. Incidents like this and you cannot question why the police come armed to the teeth., and are at times extra vigilant. Something must be done about guns in this country. I just do not see a solution without dealing with the gun issue.

As the officers were rushed to the hospital, BLM thugs blocked the ambulances and hospital entrances and chanted ďwe hope they dieĒ.

It was just only 4 of them and they do not represent what the BLM movement is.

They represent a part of it.

A "SMALL" part, Roy.

I don't classify Dylan Roof with all Right-Leaning people in this country.

Here are some sites that list the % of peaceful protests vs violent ones.

NATIONWIDE DEMONSTRATIONS
While the US has long been home to a vibrant protest environment, demonstrations surged to new levels in 2020. Between 24 May and 22 August, ACLED records more than 10,600 demonstration events across the country. Over 10,100 of these ó or nearly 95% ó involve peaceful protesters. Fewer than 570 ó or approximately 5% ó involve demonstrators engaging in violence. Well over 80% of all demonstrations are connected to the Black Lives Matter movement or the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demonstrations-political-violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/

Here is info from the Right-Leaning Washington Post:

About 93 percent of the racial-justice protests that swept the United States this summer remained peaceful and nondestructive, according to a report released Thursday, with the violence and property damage that has dominated political discourse constituting only a minute portion of the thousands of demonstrations that followed the killing of George Floyd in May.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/the-united-states-is-in-crisis-report-tracks-thousands-of-summer-protests-most-nonviolent/2020/09/03/b43c359a-edec-11ea-99a1-71343d03bc29_story.html
Has BLM issued a statement condemning the shooter?  Condemning the scum at hospital?

Is that gonna make you like them? Is that going to validate them in your mind, and believe in their purpose?

They have to own these toxic people at the hospital? Was this some event sanctioned by the BLM movement? Has there been support for it?

It's horrible, it's reprehensible. But if it is just validation for people that BLM is a movement of hate, well that's stupid. And just...well it's a lie.
I feel like whenever someone does something reprehensible in the name of a cause or a group, it is fair to expect or want said group to disavow them

« Reply #1621 on: September 14, 2020, 09:05:28 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 2742
Terrible police shooting in Compton Calfornia a couple of Sherrif deputies shot by in their car by an assailant, no idea why? Guy just walks up to a parked unit and shoots into the car. Gang initiation? Assailant is on the loose. Incidents like this and you cannot question why the police come armed to the teeth., and are at times extra vigilant. Something must be done about guns in this country. I just do not see a solution without dealing with the gun issue.

As the officers were rushed to the hospital, BLM thugs blocked the ambulances and hospital entrances and chanted ďwe hope they dieĒ.

It was just only 4 of them and they do not represent what the BLM movement is.

They represent a part of it.

A "SMALL" part, Roy.

I don't classify Dylan Roof with all Right-Leaning people in this country.

Here are some sites that list the % of peaceful protests vs violent ones.

NATIONWIDE DEMONSTRATIONS
While the US has long been home to a vibrant protest environment, demonstrations surged to new levels in 2020. Between 24 May and 22 August, ACLED records more than 10,600 demonstration events across the country. Over 10,100 of these ó or nearly 95% ó involve peaceful protesters. Fewer than 570 ó or approximately 5% ó involve demonstrators engaging in violence. Well over 80% of all demonstrations are connected to the Black Lives Matter movement or the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demonstrations-political-violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/

Here is info from the Right-Leaning Washington Post:

About 93 percent of the racial-justice protests that swept the United States this summer remained peaceful and nondestructive, according to a report released Thursday, with the violence and property damage that has dominated political discourse constituting only a minute portion of the thousands of demonstrations that followed the killing of George Floyd in May.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/the-united-states-is-in-crisis-report-tracks-thousands-of-summer-protests-most-nonviolent/2020/09/03/b43c359a-edec-11ea-99a1-71343d03bc29_story.html
Has BLM issued a statement condemning the shooter?  Condemning the scum at hospital?

"BLM" (Black Lives Matter) is a MOVEMENT...consisting of regular folks (like myself)...Sports figures....celebrities....even politicians....Caucasians....Asians...Latinos...Latinas...ALL sorts of people....Young Folks...Old folks....physical protesters....stay-at-home protesters (who've ALREADY marched when younger, like myself).......

To THAT end - Black Lives Matter has ALREADY condemned stuff like this....

I know "I" have. Won't see ME assaulting a Police Officer NOR my sons....won't see ME threatening an officer or shooting one.

All ANYONE has to do is simply OPEN THEIR EYES and LOOK at the POSITIVE stuff happening.

Please don't feed into the negative narrative pushed by Trump that would have you (or anyone else here) believing some LIE, otherwise.

I truly believe that some GOOD people are being misled by Trump Media into believing some lies. Over the course of 4 years - if you're not MENTALLY and Spiritually strong enough - you TOO - can believe the lies pushed by Trump.
Augustus Freeman IV - the Superman of the South. Read Milestone Comics.

Good Trouble.

« Reply #1622 on: September 14, 2020, 09:34:49 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27097
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Check out this shooting GF:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CHBeRPxZ6KE

Obviously justified, right?  And yet, hundreds of rioters are attacking police, rioting and looting. 
Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat. CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012.

« Reply #1623 on: September 14, 2020, 09:46:45 AM »

Online tarheelsxxiii

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1315

Obviously justified, right?  And yet, hundreds of rioters are attacking police, rioting and looting.

Mostly peaceful flying attack with a knife. 
You don't need a pack of wild horses to learn how to make a sandwich.

-Dr. Phil

« Reply #1624 on: September 14, 2020, 11:27:45 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell

Looks like the officer was justified BUT we'll have to see the investigation.

Roy - AGAIN..............if YOU want to focus on the negative out-croppings of violence towards Police Officers go ahead.

For ME - I'll condemn the 5-7% and praise the 93-95%.

Numbers and visuals don't lie - never do. But it is when we ABUSE those numbers and visuals....slant them to a political view....outright LIE - that things become blurry.

I am not calling YOU a llar, Roy - but AGAIN you can't paint an entire movement by 5-7%.

Again, Roy - I don't paint ALL Trump supporters as Potential Dylan Roofs.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 11:36:28 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

Good Trouble.

« Reply #1625 on: September 14, 2020, 11:33:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Roy - AGAIN..............if YOU want to focus on the negative out-croppings of violence towards Police Officers go ahead.

Numbers and visuals don't lie - never do. But it is when we ABUSE those numbers and visuals....slant them to a political view....outright LIE - that things become blurry.

This isnít cherry picking.  These are examples of what is happening right now.  A man attempts to kill a police officer, and hundreds protest violently when he is rightfully shot.

Until BLM condemns violence, I find no legitimacy in their organization.  I find them to be akin to black supremacists who want to have no accountability for violence and even murder.

« Reply #1626 on: September 14, 2020, 11:40:24 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell

This isnít cherry picking.  These are examples of what is happening right now.  A man attempts to kill a police officer, and hundreds protest violently when he is rightfully shot.

Until BLM condemns violence, I find no legitimacy in their organization.  I find them to be akin to black supremacists who want to have no accountability for violence and even murder.

I updated my post to address the video you posted, Roy.

And Roy - just recently DHS listed WHITE SUPREMACISTS as the MAIN THREAT going forward in this country - into 2021.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/white-supremacists-terror-threat-dhs-409236

And I'd hope you find legitimacy in ME, Roy - as well as Bill Russell and Jaylen Brown and our REMAINING Celtics players wearing the Social Justice Labels.

Can't condemn us all.

Good Trouble.

« Reply #1627 on: September 14, 2020, 11:45:30 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell

And furthermore - according to the video - I don't see ANY protesting, at least in the video. This happened just yesterday, right?

Good Trouble.

« Reply #1628 on: September 14, 2020, 11:47:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

And Roy - just recently DHS listed WHITE SUPREMACISTS as the MAIN THREAT going forward in this country - into 2021.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/white-supremacists-terror-threat-dhs-409236

And I'd hope you find legitimacy in ME, Roy - as well as Bill Russell and Jaylen Brown and our REMAINING Celtics players wearing the Social Justice Labels.

Can't condemn us all.

There are of course many well-meaning individuals protesting.  I find BLM itself to be a hate group, however.  Youíre entitled to your disagreement.

And yes, white supremacists are terrible people.  Black supremacy isnít the counterweight to that, however.

« Reply #1629 on: September 14, 2020, 11:49:12 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

And furthermore - according to the video - I don't see ANY protesting, at least in the video. This happened just yesterday, right?

Look up Lancaster PA.  Thereís plenty of coverage, but no, itís not on the bodycam.

« Reply #1630 on: September 14, 2020, 11:50:51 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell

Can't condemn us all.

There are of course many well-meaning individuals protesting.  I find BLM itself to be a hate group, however.  Youíre entitled to your disagreement.

And yes, white supremacists are terrible people.  Black supremacy isnít the counterweight to that, however.

Roy - I am certain there are Black people that feel superior to Whites.

Sin is sin - right?

But I find no legitimacy in your "Black Supremacy" comment.

Good Trouble.

« Reply #1631 on: September 17, 2020, 12:56:43 AM »

Offline Linwood

• Terry Rozier
  • Tommy Points: 5
https://youtu.be/MSa2EomQAbA

Video showing the murder of Sergeant Craig Johnson just released out of Tulsa.

Police trainers will likely incorporate this video into their curriculum, and police will be more likely to use deadly force when encountered with resisting citizens reaching into their car.

« Reply #1632 on: September 17, 2020, 02:21:26 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1827

Can't condemn us all.

I see anger, probably prejudice, resentment, even hatred.  But supremacy is the wrong word.  Supremacy comes with power and black Americans in the general sense (not speaking to microcosms) have not ever had equality, never mind power. This has been true with respect to business ownership, wages, healthcare, politics, education ó you name it.   Also, show me the White Supremacy marches with all the Blacks marching alongside the whites. The White Supremacists Iíve heard speak would likely not allow Blacks to walk near them.  By not speaking out in condemnation of the violence, maybe BLM is saying that they are ok with the broad message being America simply isnít and never has been great, that black America  has been violent and unsafe for centuries and that White America has historically turned its back on (not condemned)  violence toward and among Blacks in America.  Maybe they see Trumpís election as a tone deaf response by white America to the racial messaging of Trump, Miller and others.  You can condemn BLM for this of course, but i think itís a mistake to ignore the emotion underlying and driving the protest.  The emotion that for some spills out aggressively and for others keeps them undistracted and undeterred in keeping their eye on purpose of the movement.

« Reply #1633 on: September 17, 2020, 07:20:56 PM »

Offline Linwood

• Terry Rozier
  • Tommy Points: 5
Wrong thread