Author Topic: The latest homicide at the hands of police canít be tolerated  (Read 49629 times)

Re: The latest homicide at the hands of police canít be tolerated
« Reply #1545 on: June 29, 2020, 09:30:16 PM »

Offline action781

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 593
Honestly, I wonder if it isn't time for new parties to be forged on new ideals. Both the Republican and Democratic parties are split off between more establisghment and the more radical conservative and progressive sects. Might as well split so we can see where people really are.  Or maybe it's just time for something new.
We will not see a change in the two party system for the same reason we will not see a change in the electoral college: the people who see the greatest benefit from the current model will never allow a better and fairer model happen. Neither are fair or right but neither will change.

Like I said earlier nothing will get done because politics.  All of these clowns on both sides that do nothing but try to ensure their own reelections should be booted out of Washington and replaced by people that are willing to work for the betterment of this country.

I agree with this post.

If you feel disenfranchised by the two-party system, there is hope for change in MA.  Stay tuned for the November ballot question number.

2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #1546 on: June 29, 2020, 09:46:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27138
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
There is a thread on RCV on here somewhere.  If you would like to discuss the issue, please do so there.
Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat. CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012.

« Reply #1547 on: June 30, 2020, 12:58:19 AM »

Offline action781

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 593
Got it
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #1548 on: June 30, 2020, 01:31:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
(CNN)A shooting in Seattle's Capitol Hill Occupation Protest (CHOP) area Monday morning left one man dead and a 14-year-old boy critically injured -- bringing more scrutiny to the autonomous protest zone.

"When investigators arrived, they found a white Jeep Cherokee riddled with bullet holes on 12th Avenue," Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best said, according to CNN affiliate KIRO.
"We were told that there were two men inside the vehicle, and both had been shot."

The two occupants were taken to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition between 3:15 and 3:30 a.m. (6:15 and 6:30 a.m. ET), hospital spokeswoman Susan Gregg told CNN.
Seattle mayor says the city will reclaim police-free autonomous zone taken over by demonstrators
Seattle mayor says the city will reclaim police-free autonomous zone taken over by demonstrators
The man later died, and the 14-year-old boy remains in critical condition, the hospital said.

Monday's attack is the fifth shooting within two weeks in the CHOP area, and the second to turn fatal.

Thousands of protesters have occupied the area, a four- to six-block section of Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood, since June 8 in an effort to demand police reform following the death of George Floyd.
But CNN has observed that the number of people within the CHOP area has decreased significantly over the past week.
The police chief said violence in the autonomous zone "is a real problem" and said she questions "why would we continue to allow this to happen."

« Reply #1549 on: June 30, 2020, 04:54:40 AM »

Offline gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • 2019 CS Historical Draft Champion
(CNN)A shooting in Seattle's Capitol Hill Occupation Protest (CHOP) area Monday morning left one man dead and a 14-year-old boy critically injured -- bringing more scrutiny to the autonomous protest zone.

"When investigators arrived, they found a white Jeep Cherokee riddled with bullet holes on 12th Avenue," Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best said, according to CNN affiliate KIRO.
"We were told that there were two men inside the vehicle, and both had been shot."

The two occupants were taken to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition between 3:15 and 3:30 a.m. (6:15 and 6:30 a.m. ET), hospital spokeswoman Susan Gregg told CNN.
The man later died, and the 14-year-old boy remains in critical condition, the hospital said.

Monday's attack is the fifth shooting within two weeks in the CHOP area, and the second to turn fatal.

Thousands of protesters have occupied the area, a four- to six-block section of Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood, since June 8 in an effort to demand police reform following the death of George Floyd.
But CNN has observed that the number of people within the CHOP area has decreased significantly over the past week.
The police chief said violence in the autonomous zone "is a real problem" and said she questions "why would we continue to allow this to happen."
CHAZ/CHOP is an unmitigated bloody disaster. Hilariously so almost, if people werenít dying
Denver: Jokic, Nurk, MPJ, Cancar, Barton, Craig, Harris, Lavine, Morris, Poku (21), Crowder, ET, Hernango

Utah: Allen, Jordan, Bradley, Smith(24), Ingles, Bojan, Niang, Paul, Mitchell, LeVert, Moore, Mudiay, Korkmaz, Claxton

Portland: Vuce, Brown, Collins, Stewart (30), Avdija (14), Ariza, Little, Melo, Dame, Hield, Trent, Kanter, Bembry, Hood

« Reply #1550 on: June 30, 2020, 05:56:07 PM »

Online Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 805
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

If you wanted a good laugh.

Her entire Twitter feed is full of ignorance and stupidity.

She's posted a ton of inaccurate COVID-19 misinformation, disputes medical experts lack of 'knowledge,' seems skeptical of the legitimacy of vaccines and masks, then claims communists are trying to take over America.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #1551 on: June 30, 2020, 06:14:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

If you wanted a good laugh.

Her entire Twitter feed is full of ignorance and stupidity.

She's posted a ton of inaccurate COVID-19 misinformation, disputes medical experts lack of 'knowledge,' seems skeptical of the legitimacy of vaccines and masks, then claims communists are trying to take over America.

Yeah, some of the Congressional candidates who run against safe incumbents are just whackadoos looking for their 15 minutes of fame.  Oscar the Grouch would probably get more votes than a Republican running in San Francisco.

« Reply #1553 on: July 02, 2020, 12:01:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 2673
More fuel for the fire...

https://www.masslive.com/news/2020/07/springfield-police-detective-fired-over-pro-black-lives-matter-social-media-post.html

I'm a bit torn over this....

IMO she should've gotten a reprimand....but fired?

You have some Police Officers KNEELING with protesters around the country.

You have some detectives "JUST" getting fired over INADVERTANTLY killing Breonna Taylor....quite a RECKLESS use of a deadly weapon...

You have SOME police officers that haven't even been punished in reference to the Elijah McClain death....

But yet we fire this promising lady over a social media post that she took down?

If I'm missing something here someone PLEASE chime in.
Augustus Freeman IV is AWESOME. Read Milestone Comics.

« Reply #1554 on: July 02, 2020, 12:12:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2736
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

https://www.masslive.com/news/2020/07/springfield-police-detective-fired-over-pro-black-lives-matter-social-media-post.html

You have some detectives "JUST" getting fired over INADVERTANTLY killing Breonna Taylor....quite a RECKLESS use of a deadly weapon...

You have SOME police officers that haven't even been punished in reference to the Elijah McClain death....

But yet we fire this promising lady over a social media post that she took down?

No I think you're getting it. It's the systemic racism within law enforcement that's been there since the formation of police.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1555 on: July 02, 2020, 12:13:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

She was still in her probationary period, and she posted something advocating the killing of her colleagues.  Iím fine with it, and it sounds like the firing will boost morale.

« Reply #1556 on: July 02, 2020, 12:19:49 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 538

I view this as the complete opposite side of the coin of the step mother of Officer Rolfe (the cop in the Brooks shooting) getting fired from her job for supporting her son.

I think both incidents are very concerning considering that this is a time that we're supposed to heal hate and racism

walking on pins and needles and fear of expressing your opinions and beliefs.  If this is a time for therapy and healing for this country, answer me this, what therapist would ever tell you not to express your beliefs.  just bottle it up and keep your thoughts to yourself unless you want something bad to happen.

thats healthy for everybody.
Greg

« Reply #1557 on: July 02, 2020, 12:48:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I view this as the complete opposite side of the coin of the step mother of Officer Rolfe (the cop in the Brooks shooting) getting fired from her job for supporting her son.

I think both incidents are very concerning considering that this is a time that we're supposed to heal hate and racism

walking on pins and needles and fear of expressing your opinions and beliefs.  If this is a time for therapy and healing for this country, answer me this, what therapist would ever tell you not to express your beliefs.  just bottle it up and keep your thoughts to yourself unless you want something bad to happen.

As a cop, would you be comfortable working beside somebody who had publicly endorsed shooting fellow officers?

The reason that most public employees have a probationary period is for exactly this reason. They need to see if somebody is going to fit into the unit without causing major problems. 

If she had simply posted ďblack lives matterĒ, or any of hundreds of other pictures, I would be more sympathetic.  But, she literally posted a picture with a sign advocating shooting law enforcement.

« Reply #1558 on: July 02, 2020, 01:09:22 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell

As a cop, would you be comfortable working beside somebody who had publicly endorsed shooting fellow officers?

The reason that most public employees have a probationary period is for exactly this reason. They need to see if somebody is going to fit into the unit without causing major problems. 

If she had simply posted ďblack lives matterĒ, or any of hundreds of other pictures, I would be more sympathetic.  But, she literally posted a picture with a sign advocating shooting law enforcement.

Fair enough.

It is bad enough that the situation is still unsettling in this country...and then you had the unfortunate PO that was just killed in Oklahoma in an apparent setup....

Just a bad time for all.

« Reply #1559 on: July 02, 2020, 01:14:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Cedric Maxwell

No I think you're getting it. It's the systemic racism within law enforcement that's been there since the formation of police.

It is there, I agree - but I don't think it's throughout the entire force.

My problem is that if you have 5% of bad apples the force needs a way to hold that 5% accountable and there is no way to do that, yet....

Thus? You end up having WIDESPREAD fear and concern for ALL Police Officers, which isn't healthy at all for the country.