I completely disagree about all of the above but there are a few things Americans can change:
Hindsight being 20-20 maybe America should have listened to Colin Kaepernick. All that guy did was kneel for 60 seconds before a sporting event.
I donít think it matters one way or another
After seeing how the citizens of this country handled the corona virus, I wouldnít have much hope for an organized movement among the citizens of this country.
Itís not a coincidence that this was the worst hit country with COVID and had the highest death toll. Weíre selfish, we only think about ourselves and our own agenda and how things can impact OUR day and conveniences. Not anyone elseís personal well being or thoughts.
Obviously this isnít EVERYBODY but Iíd say a significant number of the population. People donít care about the person next to them anymore. Theyíll make a Facebook post about their outrage, maybe change their avatar and thatís about it
Sounds kind of gloomy and pessimistic but I believe it to be the truth
Alot a truth here . The very people. religious leaders sex scandels , political leaders who are there for nothing but " opportunity ". to take money from weathy corps , socialist and others with corrupt personal agendas ....all in the name of helping " common people" . For the most part this over past 75 years this has exploded from a few mega elites to nearly everybody looking for " their cut " , leaving the poor common folk " me" with nobody to trust .
The United States is now the most corrupt place on the planet . Former leader from all walks of life , races , religion s , have USED the trust of the American people in order to increase their power , control and weath . Amen .
I agree with this post..... Americans are more interested in becoming millionaires and living in gated communities than transforming the country.
1. Stop committing crimes and help each other! Is that really that difficult???
2. Stop watching FOX , CNN , Boston globe etc until they change their ways and stop dividing everyone. Iím absolutely disgusted by the way the pandemic was politicized by media and ďjournalistsĒ that are not qualified to comment on mortality rates to shape public opinions .
3. Stop voting in extremists - trump , Cruz , sanders .. Cortez
4. Stop Scaring everyone how bad things are . There is a great world out there to explore and you all live in the most cultural and diverse country in the world.
5. Try to be the best version of yourself.. excel at your trade but also help one another
6. Donít make fun of other people that may have other views than yours! What if you are wrong but donít realize it?
7. Donít try to shape public opinions with faulty narratives ... if you are not an expert at something donít express strong opinions about it.
8. I may add more at some point
Your solutions are too simplistic and optimistic.
1. Crimes are man made, they are functions of man made laws. Some go against basic human instincts therefore the question of stopping crime is very complex.
2. FOX, CNN etc do not divide people. People are already divided FOX CNN just exploit the divisions.
3. Stop voting extremist in... I actually think this is doable if voting is made easier then the will of the people may actually reign supreme. In the present clime the politicians to a large extent only want their people, and not everybody to vote. Make voting easier, online voting, voting day holidays, etc.
4. For a lot of people things are really really bad. They do not need to be scared. into thinking things are bad. They live in very dire circumstances.
5. This is something everyone can agree on.
6. You have to laugh off the position taken on some issues by some folks. That is the only way to deal with some ridiculous positions.
7. The expert class is more of the problem than the solution because in America you can almost always find an expert on either side of an issue. Example is the Floyd Autopsy.. some so-called experts are already saying that the strangulation was not a cause of death while I am sure some other experts will say it was. When experts cannot agree, the people are left to their own decisions. Besides, our entire judicial system allows for ordinary citizens (jurors) to decide very technical and complicated issues like guilt and innocence, civil liability, right and wrong. This is very empowering and makes everyone think they have the necessary tools to make complex decisions.