Author Topic: Time to handicap potential VEEP candidates for Biden  (Read 15231 times)

KGs Knee, GreenEnvy, mmmmm and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Time to handicap potential VEEP candidates for Biden
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 05:28:46 PM »

Online Csfan1984

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 151
I'm anti Warren. I'd even take Hillary for the sole fact under Clinton the economy did prosper and a few trade agreements created more global stability. Would love Michelle Obama. Huge twist. AMY K is probably best.

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 754
https://www.axios.com/vice-president-women-color-warren-poll-biden-c75d2901-aead-424c-a5b1-a987ab312c6c.html

some interesting poll numbers from Wisconsin and Michigan regarding VP selection for Biden.

"A group commissioned a poll in two Midwestern swing states to test the viability of women of color to be Joe Biden's vice presidential pick and found Stacey Abrams as the top choice for black voters but Elizabeth Warren as the overall candidate to beat."

"...But Warren reflected the most consistent support among white and black voters in both states."

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 06:28:36 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1768
I'm anti Warren. I'd even take Hillary for the sole fact under Clinton the economy did prosper and a few trade agreements created more global stability. Would love Michelle Obama. Huge twist. AMY K is probably best.

I'm anti-Warren too.  But as I said earlier she has some skills that I wish others had. 

I thought of Michelle.  I think she's a good person but hard to justify her in that role.  But I do think it's worth speculating as to whether or not (or how much) she would help or hurt the ticket. 

A side question would be how much her and Barack will help (or hurt) Biden as highly visible surrogates.

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2020, 06:43:06 PM »

Offline got it

• Walt Lemon Jr.
  • Tommy Points: 0
Id go with Maxine Waters!!

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2020, 07:24:53 PM »

Online Ogaju

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1283
Id go with Maxine Waters!!

She is too old.

You registered in 2013 and this is only your second post. I do not wonder why.

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 07:45:31 PM »

Online Csfan1984

• Paul Silas

I'm anti-Warren too.  But as I said earlier she has some skills that I wish others had. 

I thought of Michelle.  I think she's a good person but hard to justify her in that role.  But I do think it's worth speculating as to whether or not (or how much) she would help or hurt the ticket. 

A side question would be how much her and Barack will help (or hurt) Biden as highly visible surrogates.

The fact that Barrack helped us through a economic down turn, foreign policy issues addressed and helped through one plague already that didn't cripple the country is a boost. Also the view of Michelle will pull the woman's vote far more than Hillary or Warren. Women relate to Michelle. All women like to think they are the back bone of a strong man, Michelle for many is that. In Biden's case he puts them behind him, as in Michelle and and all Women make him a better man. It's a long shot but I'd do it.

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2020, 08:05:13 PM »

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge

The fact that Barrack helped us through a economic down turn, foreign policy issues addressed and helped through one plague already that didn't cripple the country is a boost. Also the view of Michelle will pull the woman's vote far more than Hillary or Warren. Women relate to Michelle. All women like to think they are the back bone of a strong man, Michelle for many is that. In Biden's case he puts them behind him, as in Michelle and and all Women make him a better man. It's a long shot but I'd do it.

I would go even further in that if she was willing to become VP, why wouldn't she just go all in and run for president.  I think she would have beaten Biden, Bernie, Warren and whomever, as well as clobbered Trump.

I know it is pie in the sky, but she is probably the most popular woman in the country.

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2020, 08:22:12 PM »

Online Csfan1984

• Paul Silas

I would go even further in that if she was willing to become VP, why wouldn't she just go all in and run for president.  I think she would have beaten Biden, Bernie, Warren and whomever, as well as clobbered Trump.

I know it is pie in the sky, but she is probably the most popular woman in the country.
Perhaps next election is an option for her. We have to see a stronger women for women's vote though.

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2020, 08:32:44 PM »

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge

Perhaps next election is an option for her. We have to see a stronger women for women's vote though.

Maybe, but I tend to believe her when she says she isn't interested in politics. 

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2020, 08:33:55 PM »

Online KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I think it'll Grethen Whitmer depending on how this insurrection in Michigan plays out.  after her, I'd put Kamala Harris second and Klobuchar third.

I could totally see Harris getting the AG nomination.   Wouldn't be surprised to see Warren and Klobuchar getting cabinet positions if they aren't the VP selections.

Whitmer is too much of a liability at this point.  She'll do nothing but hurt Biden by riling up republicans.

VP picks need to be someone competent but bland and who won't hurt the ticket.  McCain is the prime example of this.  He probably had the Presidency in the bag until he selected Palin.

Harris is a possibility, but I still think Klobuchar is the safest pick.

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2020, 08:36:34 PM »

Online Csfan1984

• Paul Silas

Maybe, but I tend to believe her when she says she isn't interested in politics.
Problem is when someone ask, if you can help more people by becoming president should you run?

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2020, 08:43:51 PM »

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge

Problem is when someone ask, if you can help more people by becoming president should you run?

I dunno.  But I have always wondered if the only people we should really want to be president are the people who don't want to be president.

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2020, 09:03:51 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1281
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Can he pick AOC or is she too young? If Biden wants to attract the super left leaning voters (the ones that carried Bernie Sanders), wouldn't she be a good choice?

Sorry. Not quite adept at how the Presidential/Vice-Presidential selection in the US works.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2020, 09:12:11 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27134
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Can he pick AOC or is she too young? If Biden wants to attract the super left leaning voters (the ones that carried Bernie Sanders), wouldn't she be a good choice?

Sorry. Not quite adept at how the Presidential/Vice-Presidential selection in the US works.

Too young.  Also probably too toxic.
Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat. CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012.

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2020, 09:28:46 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 143
too dumb also