Author Topic: Kobe Bryant, Daughter and 7 Others Killed in Helicopter Crash  (Read 25054 times)

Re: TMZ Report: Kobe Killed in Helicopter Crash
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2020, 03:51:13 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
I'm deleting this, can't get multiple confirmations.

A competing report that Kobe' family wasn't on the copter. Multiple reporters have already said his wife was definitely not. Hope this one's right.

https://twitter.com/AWainwrightTV/status/1221526799542255616

Andrew Lopez

@_Andrew_Lopez
Pelicans and Celtics locker rooms will be closed pregame. Plan is for players to talk postgame only.

Typically locker rooms are open for 30 mins starting 75 before tip.

This is undoubtedly the right move today.

Coaches will talk as normal, game will go on as scheduled.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2020, 03:55:36 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
OH NO. Now TMZ reporting that one of Kobe's daughters (Gianna) was on board too. Still not confirmed  :(
Saw it was his 13 year old daughter. Terrible tragedy

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2020, 03:58:35 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Woj is confirming his 13 year-old was on the helicopter.  Also one of her basketball teammates with her parent.

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2020, 04:00:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!
OH NO. Now TMZ reporting that one of Kobe's daughters (Gianna) was on board too. Still not confirmed  :(

Welp. Woj basically confirmed it now  :(

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1221537476893925376?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Sources: Kobe Bryant was on his way to a travel basketball game with his daughter Gianna when the helicopter crashed. Those aboard the helicopter also included another player and parent.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2020, 04:01:12 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Woj is confirming his 13 year-old was on the helicopter.  Also one of her basketball teammates with her parent.

Terrible news, particularly about the children.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2020, 04:01:32 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2573
CNN is not reporting the death of Kobe's child and the anchor just sent condolences to his wife and 4 children.  I really hope that this family doesn't have to endure the additional tragedy and loss of a child.

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2020, 04:03:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
still can't wrap my head around this.    just in complete shock

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2020, 04:04:31 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
as well as another player and that player's parent. a terrible tragedy not restricted solely to people with the name bryant.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2020, 04:08:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!
as well as another player and that player's parent. a terrible tragedy not restricted solely to people with the name bryant.

The pilot too. Obviously reports are coming in and they'll continue to investigate, but I want to know if this was just some serious accident (pilot error), or some malfunction. Either way, just devastating. Prayers to the Kobe family.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2020, 04:09:26 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2573

Yes -- his fame leads so many to feel "connected" in some way, but the real nightmare is for any family that loses loved ones, especially young ones, in sudden, unexpected ways. Holding out hope that reports about the children are not accurate.

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2020, 04:09:29 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
Absolutely horrendous about his daughter. Senseless for a young person with the whole world in front of them to die in such a horrible way. Prayers for the Bryant family. I can’t even imagine what his wife and daughters are going through right now.

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2020, 04:13:52 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Somehow this stings way worse than the game seven loss in 2010.

It Puts perverse closure on that horrible feeling from losing that one for the last 10 years.

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2020, 04:14:38 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Deleted

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2020, 04:15:20 PM »

Offline CBS_Take a Report

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Wow I’m a puddle watching him coach his daughter from the sidelines. Heartbreaking news. As a father of 4, two young girls, I can’t even process this. His poor wife and surviving girls.

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2020, 04:17:39 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 562
Absolutely horrendous about his daughter. Senseless for a young person with the whole world in front of them to die in such a horrible way. Prayers for the Bryant family. I can’t even imagine what his wife and daughters are going through right now.
Young people die around the world in even more horrible ways all the time.  Tragic events happen all the time including occasionally ones that take out whole families.  Can you really not imagine what they're going through?