Follow us on Twitter  

Poll

Where do you currently stand on the impeachment/removal from office of President Trump?

Against impeachment, and furthermore this is a witch hunt.
15 (16.7%)
Against impeachment, evidence evidence of wrongdoing is lacking
2 (2.2%)
Against impeachment, the wrongdoing is not worthy of impeachment
3 (3.3%)
For impeachment, but against removal (a rebuke of the presdients actions)
5 (5.6%)
For impeachment, for removal
59 (65.6%)
I can't decide. I will wait and see as inquiry proceeds.
5 (5.6%)
I haven't followed this closely enough to have an opinion.
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: This Ukraine thing (aka, the impeachment thing, Trump acquitted)  (Read 126405 times)

Re: This Ukraine thing (aka, the impeachment thing, hearings underway)
« Reply #2190 on: January 23, 2020, 11:34:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 6480
Questions:

#1. If by some miracle the question for more witnesses and documents gets approved because say 4 to 6 Republican Senators voted with the Democrats, how long do you think that could extend the trial?

#2. How apoplectic will Trump be if that happens?

Trump never apologized for anything, ever.
Lol....good one.

Ummmmm...wait....you did know the word was apoplectic, not apologetic, and were just making a joke, right?

Its Liam, what do you think? lol
Knew I shoulda gone with the 😉😆 at the end of that post!!!

« Reply #2191 on: January 23, 2020, 11:44:27 PM »

Offline liam

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1303
Questions:

#1. If by some miracle the question for more witnesses and documents gets approved because say 4 to 6 Republican Senators voted with the Democrats, how long do you think that could extend the trial?

#2. How apoplectic will Trump be if that happens?

Trump never apologized for anything, ever.
Lol....good one.

Ummmmm...wait....you did know the word was apoplectic, not apologetic, and were just making a joke, right?

Its Liam, what do you think? lol
Knew I shoulda gone with the 😉😆 at the end of that post!!!

::)

« Reply #2192 on: January 24, 2020, 07:12:00 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1235

I think this could happen if the Bidens are allowed as one of the witnesses.  They would do that, but the Dems  and Schumer won't let this happen.

« Reply #2193 on: January 24, 2020, 07:37:11 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 2420

I think this could happen if the Bidens are allowed as one of the witnesses.  They would do that, but the Dems  and Schumer won't let this happen.

its a highh stakes game of chicken .  with fourty years of his name being used to make his family rich with taxpayer dollars ....of yeah thats gonna help his case  ;D.....the dems don't want the other two to win the nomination anyway.  But i bet they are secretly hoping the Bidens take the stand ...only way they get the nomination .  Personally I sooooooo hope they call witnesses.  It will take 6 months as none of the dems will want to take the stand...but then that hurts their image too.   

« Reply #2194 on: January 24, 2020, 07:38:37 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Rudy Giuliani was just on Fox and Friends saying he is going to begin exposing Biden at noon today.  He told quite a story and claims to have tons of evidence.  Rudy is either completely nuts or we have an enormous corrupt mess to try and clean up in Washington.

« Reply #2195 on: January 24, 2020, 07:52:47 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1235
Rudy Giuliani was just on Fox and Friends saying he is going to begin exposing Biden at noon today.  He told quite a story and claims to have tons of evidence.  Rudy is either completely nuts or we have an enormous corrupt mess to try and clean up in Washington.

Who knows what he is up too?  I found it hard to believe this is the same guy that was America's Mayor after 9/11 somtimes.   I but I doubt the veracity of his claims.

« Reply #2196 on: January 24, 2020, 08:21:56 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton

Who knows what he is up too?  I found it hard to believe this is the same guy that was America's Mayor after 9/11 somtimes.   I but I doubt the veracity of his claims.
The corruption in the Ukraine is unmistakable.  The amount of money missing from there has been reported to be like 7 billion.  The Bidens, Pelosi and her son, Kerry and his stepson, Romney, McCain and others have ties to the Ukraine.  There is at minimum a lot of explaining that needs to be done even without anything more Rudy might add.  Not saying anyone is necessarily guilty of anything but the involvement a lot of them have to the gas companies alone is enough to set off alarm bells.

« Reply #2197 on: January 24, 2020, 08:44:45 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27239
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

The corruption in the Ukraine is unmistakable.  The amount of money missing from there has been reported to be like 7 billion.  The Bidens, Pelosi and her son, Kerry and his stepson, Romney, McCain and others have ties to the Ukraine.  There is at minimum a lot of explaining that needs to be done even without anything more Rudy might add.  Not saying anyone is necessarily guilty of anything but the involvement a lot of them have to the gas companies alone is enough to set off alarm bells.

Yeah, Iím not relying on Rudy for anything.  But, thereís a reason that Ukraine has become the landing ground for the children of prominent politicians to enrich themselves.  Lots of corruption, lots of pay to play, lots of money thatís unaccounted for.

I think if Biden knew both he and Hunter were clean, he would have called for an independent investigation. Just like Trump wants certain facts hidden, so does Biden.
Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #2198 on: January 24, 2020, 08:46:55 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 759
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

It's a distraction strategy by Rudy and the WH lawyers.  Trump doesn't really care about corruption in Ukraine, or anywhere else.  This was never part of what he has ever claimed to believe or has fought against.  Indeed, he is corrupt himself and admires those who are corrupt. 

« Reply #2199 on: January 24, 2020, 09:08:56 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 62
Can someone who watches FoxNews please verify if my statement is true:

I was actually watching MSNBC and CNN coverage of the Dems opening statements 8-9. I wanted to know what/how FoxNews was covering it so I turned and watched it for myself. I was kinda shocked to see Tucker Carlson giving commentary while a 2nd in-box in the lower corner was playing the feed, but without sound. The 2nd in-box said turn to Foxnews.com for live coverage.

Am I a bit confused by this? I thought that they would showing the opening statements live on that show not pointing people to go to a browser to watch live. I guess the FN leadership is shielding Trumps base from the facts that are being laid out by the Dems by telling them what they want to hear via Carlson (and others) and daring them to shut off the TV and go to a browser.......(isn't that the classic definition of a blindly following )

Does anyone know if they did the same thing for the other 9-11 opinion shows? ...and throughout the day?

I will answer my own question - Yes FoxNews is hiding the unfiltered version of the impeachment trial -
Avlon started his segment by recounting how Fox News doesnít even show the impeachment trial unfiltered and instead has its right-wing hosts and guests talk over House Democrats while they present their case.
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/fox-news-scorched-for-hiding-its-top-legal-analyst-during-impeachment-in-scathing-cnn-segment/?fbclid=IwAR2H9Jtn9kfQo0w-oG5jJ2Sr4VtV_g3P4NADM7a_vgx6wXEvP4fr_S8GT7k

« Reply #2200 on: January 24, 2020, 09:10:30 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton

It's a distraction strategy by Rudy and the WH lawyers.  Trump doesn't really care about corruption in Ukraine, or anywhere else.  This was never part of what he has ever claimed to believe or has fought against.  Indeed, he is corrupt himself and admires those who are corrupt. 
If Trump were as dirty as you seem to think he is we would know about it.  He has been spied upon and investigated endlessly by adversaries that have every want to take him down and yet nothing.  There are a lot of people both on this forum and elsewhere that are going to have to live down an insane amount of being wrong due to bias and being deceived by a partisan, irresponsible media.

« Reply #2201 on: January 24, 2020, 09:48:24 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 62
This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about - FoxNews' coverage is keeping the audience in the dark

Its a quick 4 min watch.

« Reply #2202 on: January 24, 2020, 10:02:04 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 53
This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about - FoxNews' coverage is keeping the audience in the dark

Its a quick 4 min watch.

I'm not saying that CNN and MSNBC aren't also leaning hard in one direction, but this video is so [dang]ing.  The Fox bubble is real and they take their spin so overboard it's not surprising that so many Americans are duped into not even KNOWING the facts.

Senator Kennedy's admission that many senators are hearing this evidence for the first time clearly shows that they weren't all paying rapt attention during the Impeachment Inquiry (not that they were required to). 

I tune in to Fox News often just so I can hear what is being said on both sides.  I find some of their arguments compelling.  But the folks that only live in that bubble, which obviously includes members of congress, makes our country unsafe.

As my high school government teacher used to preach: 1. Know 2. Decide 3. Act

Unfortunately many Americans have skipped step 1.  And I say that about both parties. 

« Reply #2203 on: January 24, 2020, 10:09:24 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1010

If Trump were as dirty as you seem to think he is we would know about it.  He has been spied upon and investigated endlessly by adversaries that have every want to take him down and yet nothing.  There are a lot of people both on this forum and elsewhere that are going to have to live down an insane amount of being wrong due to bias and being deceived by a partisan, irresponsible media.

I can't tell if this is really self-aware, or completely lacking any semblance of self awareness
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2204 on: January 24, 2020, 10:28:23 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2730
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I can't tell if this is really self-aware, or completely lacking any semblance of self awareness

It has the same amount of self awareness as Trump does.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner