Author Topic: US had to extract spy from Russia due to leaky Trump  (Read 1872 times)

Re: US had to extract spy from Russia due to leaky Trump
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 11:40:01 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 134
When entire parts of the intelligence, justice, state and military departments of government have no confidence in their leader, how can the American people?

Very valid point, but other leaders have lost confidence in presidents but my point is none of them has had to face this vitriol.  Believe me, I can post the details when I say other presidents have had issues with it.

You should never have blind confidence in any leader or party.   The human race is fallible.  Some are more obvious like Pres. Trump.   Some can hide it really well like Pres. Kennedy.  I also don't have blind faith in the CIA  in general and they did bad things quite a bit.
C4E there is a reason for the vitriol. This administration has been one long joke and embarassment to this country. From lying about crowd sizes, to unsubstantiated claims a former president bugged his home, to "nice people" on both sides, to telling American politicians to go back to their country, to obstruction of Justice, to Emulument Clause violations, to wanting to buy Greenland, to his horrible handling of Puerto Rico, to predicting a hurricane in Alabama, to the over 10,000 outright lies he has told since being president, to everything he does on Twitter, he has been an American embarrassment unlike any other president before.

Former Presidents may have been bad presidents. They may have done a few bad or questionable things. But nothing like this man. Nothing like we are currently seeing on a day in and day out occurence. It's not close.

And that's why he gets vitriol and why he deserves it.

You want to defend the policy or agenda he pushes, I get that. Defending the man and what his non-policy actions and words do to this country, I do not get that. Not at all. He is indefensible for much of what he says and does and he is pathetic as a leader, making Obama look like a regular General Patton by comparison, and Obama was a bad leader, though he was never an embarrassment to this country on a worldwide level like Trump is.

You forgot to drop the mic...

TP

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2019, 11:45:21 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 6188
The only way we know any of this is true is with a direct quote from the asset, which will never happen. The CIA wanted to pull the asset earlier but the asset said no, even though he had been there and been successful for a long time. After a while those types of assets need to be removed before suspicions are focused on him.

The asset was moved eventually and it occurred after Trump's little disclosure of classified info to Russians. Could that have been the reason the asset decided to allow the CIA to remove him?

Clearly, from reports, the CIA wanted to extract him before but the asset said no, so the asset had some power in regards to being extracted. What made the asset decided now was the time rather than before?

Could it be he could now get his family out safe where before he couldn't?

Could it be he was getting the feeling the Russians were getting suspicious, irregardless of anything about Trump?

Or could it be he saw the news of what Trump was doing in America, got scared Trump could out him and decided now was the time?

Could it be all of the above?

We are never going to be able to tell without a quote from the asset and that will never happen.

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2019, 12:22:29 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 1163
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well, depending on who you want to believe, NSA director John Bolton either resigned or was fired by the president. 

Fun times we live in.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2019, 05:14:44 PM »

Online Celtics4ever

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1170
You want to defend the policy or agenda he pushes, I get that. Defending the man and what his non-policy actions and words do to this country, I do not get that. Not at all. He is indefensible for much of what he says and does and he is pathetic as a leader, making Obama look like a regular General Patton by comparison, and Obama was a bad leader, though he was never an embarrassment to this country on a worldwide level like Trump is.

1) At no point did I defend his policy in this thread, so please stop with that assertion. 

2) I typically point out hypocrisy here, not defend policy.

3)  None of these changes that you posted a source, that has been questioned in it's accuracy and refuted by CIA director with all due respect.

4) I also think a lot of the vitriol here and elsewhere to Pres. Trump is because he won and people do not like him.  I think the way he is treated is horrible and not unlike when Rep Joe Wilson told Pres. Obama he was a liar in the Chambers of Congress.   Completely and utterly disgraceful, then and I think people should respect the office of the President whether you respect the man or not.   I think Pres. Trump is egocentric jerk often  but as an ex solider, I support the Commander in Chief while he is in office.   That is why I always use Pres. in front of whatever president we are talking about.

TP

If you going to enter a thread, please do more than cheerlead on the sides and put your thoughts out there otherwise you risk looking like a sychophant.

So the CIA doesn't deny that the agent was extracted, or that the president gave away the agent's identity to Russia?

Cool. 

Folks if he was that big of a threat to national security, people would have used the 25th Amendment.   No one has thus far and a lot of these civil servants love the USA and work to protect it.   The director stated the below which should demonstrate the absurdity of your statement.

CIA spokeswoman Brittany Bramell said, "CNN's narrative that the Central Intelligence Agency makes life-or-death decisions based on anything other than objective analysis and sound collection is simply false. Misguided speculation that the President's handling of our nation's most sensitive intelligence — which he has access to each and every day — drove an alleged exfiltration operation is inaccurate.”

More

The New York Times said the agent was instrumental in the conclusion by US intelligence agencies in 2016 that Mr Putin had personally orchestrated Russia's interference in the US presidential election.

However, its report said the CIA had wanted to extract the agent before Mr Trump took office because investigations by media were putting the asset at risk. There was no suggestion President Trump had directly compromised the source, it said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49651576

Please note it says the media is who put the asset at risk.

CNN playing the Russian  Card again for ratings imagine that and people falling for it.......imagine that.

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2019, 05:41:20 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 689

1) At no point did I defend his policy in this thread, so please stop with that assertion. 

At no point did Nickagneta assert that you defended Trump's policy.  He is wondering why you would defend what his non-policy actions and words do to this country.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2019, 05:56:21 PM »

Online Celtics4ever

• Kevin Garnett
t no point did Nickagneta assert that you defended Trump's policy.  He is wondering why you would defend what his non-policy actions and words do to this country.

Please see bolded below,  I think this proves he said it but he has the right to say what he wants this is a forum and he did not break the rules.  I think I addressed your comments above.

When entire parts of the intelligence, justice, state and military departments of government have no confidence in their leader, how can the American people?

Very valid point, but other leaders have lost confidence in presidents but my point is none of them has had to face this vitriol.  Believe me, I can post the details when I say other presidents have had issues with it.

You should never have blind confidence in any leader or party.   The human race is fallible.  Some are more obvious like Pres. Trump.   Some can hide it really well like Pres. Kennedy.  I also don't have blind faith in the CIA  in general and they did bad things quite a bit.
C4E there is a reason for the vitriol. This administration has been one long joke and embarassment to this country. From lying about crowd sizes, to unsubstantiated claims a former president bugged his home, to "nice people" on both sides, to telling American politicians to go back to their country, to obstruction of Justice, to Emulument Clause violations, to wanting to buy Greenland, to his horrible handling of Puerto Rico, to predicting a hurricane in Alabama, to the over 10,000 outright lies he has told since being president, to everything he does on Twitter, he has been an American embarrassment unlike any other president before.

Former Presidents may have been bad presidents. They may have done a few bad or questionable things. But nothing like this man. Nothing like we are currently seeing on a day in and day out occurence. It's not close.

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2019, 06:10:41 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 689
t no point did Nickagneta assert that you defended Trump's policy.  He is wondering why you would defend what his non-policy actions and words do to this country.

Please see bolded below,  I think this proves he said it but he has the right to say what he wants this is a forum and he did not break the rules.  I think I addressed your comments above.

That's not actually saying what you seem to think it says.  This is a hypothetical as preamble.  There is an implied, colloquial "if" in front of that.   

That part is ultimately irrelevant to his larger point:  Which is to question, "Defending the man and what his non-policy actions and words do to this country."
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2019, 06:37:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 6188

2) I typically point out hypocrisy here, not defend policy.

3)  None of these changes that you posted a source, that has been questioned in it's accuracy and refuted by CIA director with all due respect.

4) I also think a lot of the vitriol here and elsewhere to Pres. Trump is because he won and people do not like him.  I think the way he is treated is horrible and not unlike when Rep Joe Wilson told Pres. Obama he was a liar in the Chambers of Congress.   Completely and utterly disgraceful, then and I think people should respect the office of the President whether you respect the man or not.   I think Pres. Trump is egocentric jerk often  but as an ex solider, I support the Commander in Chief while he is in office.   That is why I always use Pres. in front of whatever president we are talking about.

TP

If you going to enter a thread, please do more than cheerlead on the sides and put your thoughts out there otherwise you risk looking like a sychophant.

So the CIA doesn't deny that the agent was extracted, or that the president gave away the agent's identity to Russia?

Cool. 

Folks if he was that big of a threat to national security, people would have used the 25th Amendment.   No one has thus far and a lot of these civil servants love the USA and work to protect it.   The director stated the below which should demonstrate the absurdity of your statement.

CIA spokeswoman Brittany Bramell said, "CNN's narrative that the Central Intelligence Agency makes life-or-death decisions based on anything other than objective analysis and sound collection is simply false. Misguided speculation that the President's handling of our nation's most sensitive intelligence — which he has access to each and every day — drove an alleged exfiltration operation is inaccurate.”

More

The New York Times said the agent was instrumental in the conclusion by US intelligence agencies in 2016 that Mr Putin had personally orchestrated Russia's interference in the US presidential election.

However, its report said the CIA had wanted to extract the agent before Mr Trump took office because investigations by media were putting the asset at risk. There was no suggestion President Trump had directly compromised the source, it said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49651576

Please note it says the media is who put the asset at risk.

CNN playing the Russian  Card again for ratings imagine that and people falling for it.......imagine that.
To respond to your numbered points:

1. I never said or meant that you were defending his policy here. Not even a little bit. As mentioned by others, you clearly misunderstood what I wrote.

2. Actually, you do a lot of both on this site.

3. I actually posted no source to anything. And, I actually wrote in one post that distrust in Trump went back years, it's nothing new, and wrote in another post questioning anyone's certainty of anything in all this without a quote from the asset, when it came to the story in the OP. You must be confusing me with someone else.

4. Oh, definitely there is vitriol because he won. But I think it clear that most vitriol for Trump is grounded in the fact he is an egotistical, narcissistic, pathologically lying, mysogynistic, xenophobic, adulterizing, racist crook. The vitriol with Trump is much, much more than simply he won a political race and people are sore losers. Painting people who intensely dislike Trump with that wide and simple a brush does a disservice to those people and their very real concerns about a person like Trump being this country's leader.

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2019, 07:41:10 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 134

TP

Hahaha

Your chastisement noted. Sorry I didn’t adhere to your ideal of thread involvement.

The fact is I, and most likely no one in this thread, has any idea about the truth behind why a covert operative was pulled from his mission. Was it bc “trump gives up secrets” or otherwise? I don’t have any information on that and certainly am not gonna waste my time looking fruitlessly into it.

However, I do enjoy hearing from the diversity of opinions on this blog and find view points from both sides informative. And I whole heartedly agree w nicgenta that Trump is by far the most embarrassing President that I have lived through. He said it all, it was a well done rant and there was nothing I needed to or could have added....hence my comment.

Edit: dang... can never get the quote thing right

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2019, 09:22:40 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 258
Source=CNN=BS

Now do Benghazi.

and again I was CORRECT....you guys keep falling for ALL the CNN bs....What's the next fake thing you'll be dying over on this BASKETBALL Forum...?
Jeepers Creepers, wake up.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2019, 07:44:50 AM »

Online Celtics4ever

• Kevin Garnett
That's not actually saying what you seem to think it says.  This is a hypothetical as preamble.  There is an implied, colloquial "if" in front of that.   

That part is ultimately irrelevant to his larger point:  Which is to question, "Defending the man and what his non-policy actions and words do to this country."

Preamble, more of a denouement exposed for being completely false.

I would like to apologize to you, Nick for the post claim, I was wrong.  Sorry!

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required