Author Topic: Report: Trump's loans from Deutsche Bank co-signed by Russian oligarchs?!  (Read 2171 times)

Offline mmmmm

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 689
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 6190
I want to see it before I believe it, especially since the article is from MSNBC and there was an awful lot of "if this is true" lines in the article.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2218
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This would be very, very unsurprising - he's had Russian connections since at least the 80s, and you need to have some kind of heavy hitter onboard when you've screwed as many banks as Trump has - but also yes I'd like to see it first.

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 516
Unverified reports and what ifs? Call me skeptical once again.

And from the other side

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-host-lawrence-odonnell-russian-oligarchs

Guess we will have these kinds of articles until 2024 most likely. I am sick and tired of our media on both sides becoming the new National Enquirer of the 21st century. How about they focus on real issues facing Americans like homeless epidemic and gang violence and opioid addiction.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27342
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Lol.
Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

Offline Vermont Green

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 382
This report does seem premature.  I would not be stunned if it turned out to be true though, or something along the same lines as this.  Seems hard to believe that it would be as black and white as the oligarch signing on the piece of paper next to Trump's signature.

Offline liam

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1129
This report does seem premature.  I would not be stunned if it turned out to be true though, or something along the same lines as this.  Seems hard to believe that it would be as black and white as the oligarch signing on the piece of paper next to Trump's signature.

It really does seem incredibly stupid but....

Offline Vermont Green

• Antoine Walker

To analyze his reporting Tuesday night, O'Donnell interviewed Pulitzer-Prize-winning investigative reporter and tax expert David Cay Johnston of DC Report.

"Deutsche Bank, in making these loans, had to have someone in the background that was guaranteeing these loans. It would be surprising if they're actually co-signers," Cay Johnston said in response to the news.  "That would be absolutely astonishing, and I would think mandate his removal from office."

David Cay Johnston seems to agree that it is unlikely there is actually a signature but also confirms what everyone seems to believe that Trump could not have gotten these loans without something being added.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 258
BS....MSNBC/CNN/NYT....all bogus, when will people wake up to this?...actually, they are cause CNN ratings are in the gutter.
STORMY STORMY STORMY...RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA...COHEN COHEN COHEN...RACIST RACIST RACIST...LIES LIES LIES.
Not sick of this crap yet..?

Look into the Telecommunications Act of 1996 and find out why...also why Radio/Music sucks.

GO CELTICS~!!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 02:50:44 PM by 86MaxwellSmart »
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline slamtheking

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 9133

To analyze his reporting Tuesday night, O'Donnell interviewed Pulitzer-Prize-winning investigative reporter and tax expert David Cay Johnston of DC Report.

"Deutsche Bank, in making these loans, had to have someone in the background that was guaranteeing these loans. It would be surprising if they're actually co-signers," Cay Johnston said in response to the news.  "That would be absolutely astonishing, and I would think mandate his removal from office."

David Cay Johnston seems to agree that it is unlikely there is actually a signature but also confirms what everyone seems to believe that Trump could not have gotten these loans without something being added.
would seem to need a signed doc to provide the necessary smoking gun.  That, or whatever doc/contract the bank would have used to hold the Russians accountable in the event of a Trump default.

Offline jambr380

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1113
  • Feed me pills and happy meals
Even if it is totally true - signatures and everything - it will not matter at all to Trump supporters. Trump is a businessman and he needed a co-signer, why not Russian oligarchs? I honestly cannot see it moving the needle for either side (since each side has their needle pinned in one of two directions already).

I assume this is more about impeachment than support, though. And, at this point, I'd rather he just be forced to run again rather than have 'squeaky clean' Pence run.

But don't forget about Hillary... ::)

Offline Vermont Green

• Antoine Walker
Even if it is totally true - signatures and everything - it will not matter at all to Trump supporters. Trump is a businessman and he needed a co-signer, why not Russian oligarchs? I honestly cannot see it moving the needle for either side (since each side has their needle pinned in one of two directions already).

I assume this is more about impeachment than support, though. And, at this point, I'd rather he just be forced to run again rather than have 'squeaky clean' Pence run.

Disclosure.  If this does turn out to be true and sufficiently proven, it will likely mean that Trump lied in security and other documentation.

Offline mmmmm

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 689

Disclosure.  If this does turn out to be true and sufficiently proven, it will likely mean that Trump lied in security and other documentation.

Now, THAT would be shocking and unheard of.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/28/politics/fact-check-trump-weekly-tally-48-false-claims/index.html
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 03:48:49 PM by mmmmm »
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 278
The leftist media is so corrupt LOL.  Just a couple days ago Stelter had that lunatic psychiatrist on from duke claiming that Trump may be responsible for more deaths than Stalin and Mao.  If you want to know whether O'Donnell is telling the truth or not just watch the video and count how many times he blinks while he drops that nonsense.

Offline csfansince60s

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2152
The leftist media is so corrupt LOL.  Just a couple days ago Stelter had that lunatic psychiatrist on from duke claiming that Trump may be responsible for more deaths than Stalin and Mao. If you want to know whether O'Donnell is telling the truth or not just watch the video and count how many times he blinks while he drops that nonsense.

I think he included Hitler too......too much!!!

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required