Author Topic: Jeffrey Epstein  (Read 2625 times)

Re: Jeffrey Epstein
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2019, 10:22:52 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 107
Guards might turn their heads
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1598
Reuters is reporting that guards are required to prisoner checks every 30 minutes, but that they skipped those checks the night of Epstein’s death.

Laziness, or something nefarious?

Probably laziness.  I bet skipping checks is not an irregular occurrence.
Nefarious things do happen. Conspiracies do occur.  But irresponsibility and neglect of duty occurs all the time.  In fact, most of us are imperfect in the completion of job tasks from to time.  Therefore if I’m going to speculate from the barest of information, I tend to go with human error or lax job performance before jumping to more elaborate conclusions. 

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2019, 01:41:30 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1028
Reuters is reporting that guards are required to prisoner checks every 30 minutes, but that they skipped those checks the night of Epstein’s death.

Face it Salty he was whacked. Kevin Spacey and Chris Tucker have taken numerous flights with him.

More names to come.

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2019, 01:42:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Tiny Archibald
Guards might turn their heads

The easiest people to buy off.

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2019, 02:31:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2709
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
He had a lot to die for, and in prisons it is really important to never underestimate incompetence. The SDNY also recently came out and said that since a large part of the case involved an alleged conspiracy, the case wasn't closing just because they couldn't bring criminal charges against Epstein.

That said...I dunno, maybe? Could be.

Also, the Clinton stuff is so tired. There are just so many rich people here to choose from that would want Epstein dead!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2019, 05:33:47 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Tiny Archibald
Nobody knows exactly how Epstein amassed hundreds of millions of dollars? Strange.

If anyone knows more about this please do tell.

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2019, 06:18:34 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 2973
Nobody knows exactly how Epstein amassed hundreds of millions of dollars? Strange.

His WikiPedia is a solid read... basically started out at Bear Stearns and made partner in 4 years, went on to do wealth management, corporate raiding, hedge funds, all the slimy Wall Street adjacent moves you can imagine. Then his real big move was pilfering funds from Leslie Wexner (billionaire owner of Victoria's Secret). Weaseled full power of attorney over a billionaire's affairs, took full advantage, and parked his wealth offshore. Who knows how many millions he stole/ redirected/ hid.

Perhaps the most intriguing part of his bio is here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Epstein#Financial_consulting

Epstein, intelligence agent? Iran-contra arms dealing? Kind of lost in the shuffle, but if he really did play a role in the Iran-Contra days, it could partly explain why he's been so untouchable for so long.

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2019, 06:27:20 PM »

Offline gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 508

Nefarious things do happen. Conspiracies do occur.  But irresponsibility and neglect of duty occurs all the time.  In fact, most of us are imperfect in the completion of job tasks from to time.  Therefore if I’m going to speculate from the barest of information, I tend to go with human error or lax job performance before jumping to more elaborate conclusions.
Lax job performance one week after a "suicide attempt"? Nah
2019 CS Historical Draft Champions: Philadelphia 76ers
PG: Jason Kidd / Tiny Archibald / Fat Lever
SG: Paul Pierce / Sidney Moncrief
SF: Larry Bird / Mark Aguirre
PF: Karl Malone / Jerry Lucas / Andrei Kirilenko
C: Patrick Ewing / Bob Lanier

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2019, 09:33:08 PM »

Online saltlover

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 2514

Oh, he’s widely rumored to have stolen it from the accounts of people he managed.  For example:

Leslie Wexner, the billionaire behind Victoria’s Secret, said his former money manager Jeffrey Epstein misappropriated more than $46 million of his fortune, revealing for the first time some of the financial fallout from his relationship with the disgraced financier.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/leslie-wexner-says-jeffrey-epstein-misappropriated-vast-sums-of-money-from-me-11565219336p

or

For years, Epstein’s old boss, Steven Hoffenberg, has claimed that Epstein was his accomplice in a Ponzi scheme Hoffenberg ran through his Towers Financial Corp.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/13/jeffrey-epsteins-mysterious-wealth-could-be-explained-by-a-ponzi-scheme/amp/

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 03:52:08 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 57
4chan user posted about his death and important details BEFORE he died:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/4chan-user-posted-about-jeffrey-epstein-s-death-it-was-n1041931

Is that the Rwing website?

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2019, 04:03:46 PM »

Online saltlover

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 2514
4chan user posted about his death and important details BEFORE he died:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/4chan-user-posted-about-jeffrey-epstein-s-death-it-was-n1041931

Is that the Rwing website?

It is a right-wing message board.  But the posts weren’t before he died, but rather before the death was announced publicly.  So some 4chan user is a FDNY, EMT, prison guard, etc, or knows someone who is and was aware, which wouldn’t be terribly surprising given the number of people who had to know.

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2019, 04:07:00 PM »

Offline matteo

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
i lost the article (or maybe it was on tv) but it mentioned that epstein videoed all the guests on his island, if true i wonder who we will see there ... clinton? trump? who else?

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2019, 04:58:01 PM »

Offline gift

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 182

Did they only not happen to check on the night of his death? Or was it a regular thing that they skipped or neglected checks on him?

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2019, 05:30:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1170
Whomever killed him already has those tapes or data, assuming he did not commit suicide which is a possibility.   Colossal failure of the guards, and system....One would think that a lot of this stuff would already be in prosecutors hands.  It strikes me odd they would be raiding his compound now, when he was already on trial.   Does that not stink to anyone else?

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 107
Warden been reassigned and 2 guards on leave
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community