Author Topic: Get Brads team philosophy back to forefront  (Read 2042 times)

Get Brads team philosophy back to forefront
« on: June 04, 2019, 04:56:32 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Hayward will be back and he is Brads kind of player like Horford they both will have calming effect and help rebuild Bostons team concept.
Both Hayward and Horford will play better without Kyrie. The mystique of Celtics pride must be rebuilt in Jaylen ,Jason.Marcus all that trade talk ruptured the bond of team loyalty and stability.
Even Stevens style of coaching was hampered by the Kyrie's coup d'etat and attitude.
Kyrie disrespected all those legends, all stars and banners .He broke his word to the fans and doesn't owe anybody anything these are not values we want in our young stars.And ownership and management made plans that included Kyrie and the acquisition of Davis.
The potential trade for Davis may have damaged the LA kids even more with the hijack of LA organization by Lebron and Rich Paul.
I think some players have their brains in backwards at least there was the veneer of team concept.
Corruption and entitlement are fostered from AAU to signing one and done's. Halftime and timeouts become a Barnum & Baileys three ring circus.
Brad did one heck of a job holding his composure while giving Hayward run of minutes to getting back but that 2nd operation set back timetable.

Everybody struggled getting comfortable on Kyries team.
I liked watching the Nets last year and i loved watching Kyrie with his skills i even understood his weirdness but it was not fun weird like Evan Turner
Danny draft guys with length that can switch and get over screens. Power forwards for motor and hitting offensive boards  and most of all give Brad back the keys.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:44:50 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Get Brads team philosophy back to forefront
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 07:06:42 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Greg Oden -as a big man Coach for Robert Williams.He has been helping at Ohio State for several years.
Sems like the kind of guy Brad would throw a lifesaver too.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 08:38:10 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Hayward will be back and he is Brads kind of player like Horford they both will have calming effect and help rebuild Bostons team concept.

Ok, Maybe, although the implementation of Hayward messed up and angered alot of guys. Especially when it started looking like there was special treatment being made
Both Hayward and Horford will play better without Kyrie the mystique should emulate of Celtics pride must be rebuilt in Jaylen ,Jason.Marcus all that trade talk ruptured the bond of team loyalty and stability.

That doesn't have any basis in reality at all. Hayward hardly played with Irving because everyone and their cats proclaimed that Hayward sucked. period. Wasnt because of Irving. Horford played the same with and without Irving as evidenced by statistics.

Even Stevens style of coaching was hampered by the Kyrie's coup d'etat and attitude.

A coach works with what he has and makes it happen. Pops has worked with guys that have the same perceived attitude with no issues. Cannot blame Kyrie for steven's failures. Kyrie did not make lineups, Kyrie did not take the hot hand out of the game for extended periods. Kyrie did not immediately put Hayward into the starting lineup. etc.

Kyrie disrespected all those legends all stars and banners .He broke his word to the fans and doesn't owe anybody anything these are not values we want in our young stars.And ownership and management made plans that included Kyrie and the acquisition of Davis.

What?? first off, he didn't break any word to date, and even if he does leave, can you blame him? Media and fanbase blame him for everything. He is looking out for himself professionally and personally.
The potential trade for Davis may have damaged the LA kids even more with the hijack of LA organization by Lebron and Rich Paul.
Who cares about LAL

I think some players have their brains in backwards at least there was the veneer of team concept.
Corruption and entitlement are fostered from AAU to signing one and dones. Halftime and timeouts become a Barnum & Baileys  three ring circus.

that is the world we live in, adapt of get left behind.

Brad did one heck of a job holding his composure while giving Hayward run of minutes to getting back but that 2nd operation

Hayward should have earned his minutes, everyone called for Hayward off the bench to start the season, all writers etc, no one expected him ready. Yet Brad immediately trumps him ahead of guys who had proven themselves the season prior. Tatum and Brown deserved to be ahead of someone who had not played in a year and wasnt much better than their performances in his pre injury form.

Everybody struggled getting comfortable on Kyries team.
I liked watching the Nets last year and i loved watching Kyrie with his skills i even understood his weirdness but it was not fun weird like Evan Turner

That is Kyrie's fault that people didnt adjust? that is on players and more importantly the coach. Brad should have designed a system that would maximize what skill he had on the court instead of trying to force square pegs into round holes.

Danny draft guys with length that can switch and get over screens. Power forwards for motor and hitting offensive boards  and most of all give Brad back the keys.

Yes, get length, get players that can perform.

Brad has always had the keys. Always.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 10:33:40 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I don't feel Brad's philosophy works well with a ball dominant PG hesitant to give the ball up.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 11:04:14 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Kyrie needs to go rogue about 3 o 4 times a month...usually it's at the end of games.  He plays just fine in Brad's system most of the time....but then....go rogue time. 

IMO this doesn't work.  Has to be the coach's team, all game long.  Then at the end get it to your best/most clutch shooters.  Kyrie is the C's best shooter, but him taking over in rogue fashion involves too much dribbling, a high turnover rate, and a hideous level of difficulty that is often not required. 

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 04:40:35 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Did you enjoy watching the Nets get handled in the playoffs? Because that is who the C’s become next year if Kyrie is gone and AD doesn’t get traded to Boston. A team with no chance at a title. Plus I am sure other free agents will see how Kyrie was run out of town by the Boston fans and media. That is a good look.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 04:47:01 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 293
Did you enjoy watching the Nets get handled in the playoffs? Because that is who the C’s become next year if Kyrie is gone and AD doesn’t get traded to Boston. A team with no chance at a title. Plus I am sure other free agents will see how Kyrie was run out of town by the Boston fans and media. That is a good look.

I think national media was the bigger problem for Kyrie and he didn't do himself any favors there. That will follow him wherever he goes unless he figures out how to handle it better.

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 04:56:06 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
The Nets were more enjoyable to watch in the playoffs than the Celtics in my opinion.

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 05:35:50 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
The Nets were more enjoyable to watch in the playoffs than the Celtics in my opinion.

Yeah...if going strictly by "enjoy", then it's no contest.  Nets won that one.

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 05:45:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think national media was the bigger problem for Kyrie and he didn't do himself any favors there. That will follow him wherever he goes unless he figures out how to handle it better.
I agree about the national media being Kyrie's problem. It wasn't the Celtics beat writers or Bulpett or MacMullen giving Kyrie grief. It tended to be reporters from out of Boston.

Social media is perhaps the biggest problem nowadays. All the players are on it and so are some of the very worst people in existence, who also can interact with the players.

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 05:57:02 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser

I agree about the national media being Kyrie's problem. It wasn't the Celtics beat writers or Bulpett or MacMullen giving Kyrie grief. It tended to be reporters from out of Boston.

Social media is perhaps the biggest problem nowadays. All the players are on it and so are some of the very worst people in existence, who also can interact with the players.

By the end of the year MacMullen was critical of Kyrie's moodiness but your larger point is spot on. The daily rumors and soap opera fueled by social media was exhausting for everyone involved, especially Kyrie. How many times was he expected to say yes, I'm coming back?

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 06:54:06 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1416

By the end of the year MacMullen was critical of Kyrie's moodiness but your larger point is spot on. The daily rumors and soap opera fueled by social media was exhausting for everyone involved, especially Kyrie. How many times was he expected to say yes, I'm coming back?

Was it just me or did Kawhi not get anywhere near as much scrutiny and questions about his own free agency, and he didn't get anywhere near as much blowback and criticism for not endlessly saying yes? Did Kawhi get hammered in the media for not "shutting down the rumors" of him going to the Clippers? (Of course it helps when your team is playing well.)

It says something for just keeping your mouth shut...unfortunately Kyrie tries to make an effort to answer questions from the media and it backfired on him.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 07:02:53 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker

Was it just me or did Kawhi not get anywhere near as much scrutiny and questions about his own free agency, and he didn't get anywhere near as much blowback and criticism for not endlessly saying yes? Did Kawhi get hammered in the media for not "shutting down the rumors" of him going to the Clippers? (Of course it helps when your team is playing well.)

It says something for just keeping your mouth shut...unfortunately Kyrie tries to make an effort to answer questions from the media and it backfired on him.

Leonard said:  I don't know yet.  Hard to bother someone when there answer is that...

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2019, 07:32:54 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser

How do you think Kawhi's "mysterious" absence from the team last year and subsequent trade demand would have played in Boston (and on this site)?

Agree that Kyrie should have probably just said no comment after a certain point. But that's easier said than done. Also, I like people who are candid and introspective. You just can't be that way in today's media bubble.

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2019, 07:49:12 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Leonard said:  I don't know yet.  Hard to bother someone when there answer is that...

So Kyrie got penalized by the media and the fans for actually saying yes instead of I don't know  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D