Author Topic: If you was David Griffin 🤔  (Read 3542 times)

Re: If you was David Griffin 🤔
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2019, 06:41:17 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I would wonder how I got so lucky.  I believe he has been the GM for 5 #1 picks: LeBron, Kyrie Irving, Anthony Bennett, Andrew Wiggins, and now Zion.   Bennett and Wiggins were back to back years, which is fishy in itself.  Irving was the year LeBron left with his big "decision" TV special, so that looks a lot like AD wanting to leave.  Yep that's pretty fishy too.  As a fan I call BS on the draft lottery  but as Griffin I just wonder how how I'm so lucky, that is unless he already knows how. 

Note:  I may be wrong about the drafts since I'm working off memory but I don't think I am.

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2019, 06:48:01 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Fire Gentry.

Trade Davis for the best package of young productive players with upside + picks.

Randle
Zion
Tatum
Smart
Jrue

Randle and Zion seem like a bad fit to me.

Julius Randle has a player option for only $9m and just put up 21/9/3 and looks to have a developed a respectable 3p shot (34%).  A lot of teams have cap space this year.  He's definitely opting out.  And now that the Pels have Zion don't think they'll be giving him the kind of contract he's looking for, so I would bet he won't be back with the Pelicans.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2019, 07:30:23 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Fire Gentry.

Trade Davis for the best package of young productive players with upside + picks.

Randle
Zion
Tatum
Smart
Jrue

Sounds like a good plan by me lol Under no circumstances would I keep AD unless he agrees to that extension.

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2019, 07:41:17 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I would wonder how I got so lucky.  I believe he has been the GM for 5 #1 picks: LeBron, Kyrie Irving, Anthony Bennett, Andrew Wiggins, and now Zion.   Bennett and Wiggins were back to back years, which is fishy in itself.  Irving was the year LeBron left with his big "decision" TV special, so that looks a lot like AD wanting to leave.  Yep that's pretty fishy too.  As a fan I call BS on the draft lottery  but as Griffin I just wonder how how I'm so lucky, that is unless he already knows how. 

Note:  I may be wrong about the drafts since I'm working off memory but I don't think I am.

Incorrect.

I made a post before about Griffin winning all 4 first round picks with CLE and NOP.

Paxson was the 2003 Cavs GM. Griffin was technically still on staff. He was also VP when they won Irving and Bennett.

So yeah, you could say Griffin is a good luck charm.  :angel:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:20:43 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2019, 09:14:39 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
If I was David griffin.....

I would pray that no one would rip that horseshoe out that is so far up my rectum.

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2019, 05:07:29 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
If I'm Griffin then I'm watching New York really closely. If they get Durant and Irving in free agency I presume they go all in for a big 3 and offer Knox, Smith Jr and the #3 pick.

Only question is whether the numbers work out, i haven't gone through that yet.

Knox, Smith Jr, #3 pick and then say Ntilikina or Lance Thomas (once guaranteed) as salary ballast, would that leave them enough cap space to have signed Kyrie and Durant?

Have you got any links for that?

What I can definitely imagine is Irving and Durant taking less than the max to accommodate a trade, only if the numbers are close though. One day I'll bother to work it out for myself lol
Reports I read said they can't trade for Davis and have room to sign both Durant and Irving as free agents.

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2019, 07:43:06 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
1. Pelicans will not deal with Lakers
2. Clippers will offer everything they can but will Pelicans deal him to LA..want him out of West conference
3. Really it comes down to Boston and Knicks..who will have better offer
4. May talk Davis in staying till trade deadline..if he still not happy, trade
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2019, 11:56:40 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If I'm Griffin then I'm watching New York really closely. If they get Durant and Irving in free agency I presume they go all in for a big 3 and offer Knox, Smith Jr and the #3 pick.

Only question is whether the numbers work out, i haven't gone through that yet.

Knox, Smith Jr, #3 pick and then say Ntilikina or Lance Thomas (once guaranteed) as salary ballast, would that leave them enough cap space to have signed Kyrie and Durant?

Have you got any links for that?

What I can definitely imagine is Irving and Durant taking less than the max to accommodate a trade, only if the numbers are close though. One day I'll bother to work it out for myself lol
Reports I read said they can't trade for Davis and have room to sign both Durant and Irving as free agents.
I think if they sign the free agents first they may be able to do it.  Have to sign the free agents first though
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2019, 11:59:32 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i d hate Lebron