Author Topic: Espn: Lakers now only have a 5% chance to make the playoffs  (Read 4242 times)

Re: Espn: Lakers now only have a 5% chance to make the playoffs
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2019, 01:28:51 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
It really is beginning to look like LeBron may miss the playoffs for the first time since his sophomore season.  I know he said he was willing to be patient, and was prepared to go through the process of building a contender, when he signed on with the Lakers, but I have to think he still expected to make the playoffs.

The Lakers may have unwittingly put themselves in another Kobe-type situation, where they have to just watch LeBron play out the twilight of his career while the team around him suffers.  At least with Kobe, Lakers fans got to watch their hero finish his career with the only team he ever played for.

None of this is to say I feel sorry for that franchise or their fans.  I just find it fascinating.

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2019, 01:45:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!
I think there's a good chance we see 1 of KD/Kawhi go to the Clippers and possibly another star too (or both). If that happens, then unless the Lakers trade for AD this summer (or trade for Beal + add another star somehow), the Clippers are likely LA's team for the foreseeable future.

The Lakers still have a shot to make the playoffs, but they'll need a lot of help. Even if we assume LAC, SAC and SAS all finish the season at a .500 clip, the Lakers are going to have to go something like 15-4 or even 16-3 just to have a chance. I don't see it anymore. And it'll be shocking. Lebron may have missed 18 games to injury but even with him, they are 24-21 this season, which is meh. Solid but not good enough in a tougher, loaded West.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2019, 02:17:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
Rondo and James post these impressive stats,  near triple doubles , then blame the rest of the team for losing.  The eye test shows whats going on .   At least two Lakers players are playing little to NO defense agains their opponents , just a selected few pocsessions here and there and last five minutes . I don't have to name names who these are.  Lakers are being scoring on like rain storm from  the sky .

Ball at least plays some defense and his teamates like him.   Rondo is actually killing the team no matter what his stats say.  A no defense ball hog .

The two old vets not play n defense sets a bad example for the rest of the you g team.

The way i see it Bron and Rondos stats are empty given the way they lead and play defense.

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 09:58:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
From Yahoo Sports: Luke Walton to be fired once season is over.

LeBron James firing coaches left and right  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 10:03:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
From Yahoo Sports: Luke Walton to be fired once season is over.

LeBron James firing coaches left and right  ::)

If That genius Magic Johnson and his know it all boss Miss Buss don't get at least a final,appearance out of Bron s tenure as a Laker .   I think they will be subject to beheading by Laker nation.

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2019, 12:44:13 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lebron can’t handle the West

He'd be 8th seed in the east

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2019, 12:52:20 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
Lebron can’t handle the West

He'd be 8th seed in the east

8th seed in the east and still make it to the NBA Finals because the east is apparently scared of LeBron.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)