21 (65.6%)
LeBron James
1 (3.1%)
It will end up as a two-way tie, with 3, 4 or 5
1 (3.1%)
It will end up as a three-way tie, with 3, 4 or 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Who will have the most rings Kyrie, Curry and LBJ?  (Read 4517 times)

Re: Who will have the most rings Kyrie, Curry and LBJ?
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2018, 08:42:25 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 562
Curry rather easily I think
Yeah, why is this even a question.
It can easily be a 3-way tie in merely 2 years.
Kyrie will be 28 then. Lebron won his first at age of 27, Curry at 26.

Yeah. I actually think Curry's total stops at 3. I don't think GSW is winning again this year. The competition at the top is close and their margin for error isn't so big; they could easily have fallen to Houston this year.  They've also had a run of very good fortune with injuries - their own and others'. At some point they catch a bad break.  I take the field against GSW this year. [And if I remember, I'll pull this post out in June next year, one way or another.]

The year after that I'm not sure they can afford to keep their core together.
That all may be true, though I suspect the Warriors win again, but I believe Lebron gave up on winning another title when he went to LA.  I don't think he gets another one.  And I really don't see Irving as all that likely to end up with at least 3 more that it would take to pass them up.  So maybe there is a tie at 3, but I really think Curry gets at least 1 more and that gives him the nod.
"...LeBron gave up on winning..." - Nice to hear how his fans think of him.
Alanis: The greatest athlete since Wilt, new Jordan (even better), GOAT.
Self-nicknamed king - gave up on winning.
Oh he will still give it his all, but he isn't winning a title in LA without drastic roster changes that may or may not happen.  I mean Jordan gave up on winning titles when he played for the Wizards.
Yes, he did. In his 40ies.
And after dominating the league two times in a row.
LBJ stuck his tail between the legs and went west at the age of 33.
But let's be real, let's say he plays 20 years total - that's 5 more years.
Assuming he doesn't win another, as we both do, isn't 3/20 titles kind of underachieving for a "king" of basketball?
I feel like Kawhi, AD and P. Pierce etc. would win 3/20 with 2 Allstars beside him in 7 (prime) of those 20 years.

yea it seems a bit odd to compare Jordan coming back to basketball to see if he could play in his 40's after multiple years away from the league versus Lebron doing it when he is still a top 3 player in the league.
Jordan wasn't 40.  He was 38 when he came back.  He came back to challenge himself, not to win titles.  That was the point I was making.

Do you think Lebron is moving to LA to challenge himself? Or is just strictly a lifestyle/business decision?
I think it is both.  He obviously went that in part because that is where his family wanted to be, but I do think James sees LA as a challenge. The Lakers haven't been to the playoffs in years. They have some young talent and added some vets but he is playing without any top end talent for the first time since his first stint in Cleveland. I think he sees that as a challenge and if he wins a good amount and a playoff series or two I think he will further his legacy and he knows it (in part because he very well might pick up another mvp).

I honestly feel like he must think another star will join him there, whether it be Leonard or someone else. Do you think he has made a mistake if you feel like he won't make the playoffs? Would missing the playoffs hurt him in the greatest of all time debate?
Clearly he trusts Magic to surround him with talent, but yes if they miss the playoffs it will absolutely hurt him in the greatest of all time debate.  He hasn't missed the playoffs since his 2nd season and he has never lost in the first round.  I think one of those is incredibly likely this year (either they miss the playoffs or they make it and lose in round 1) because the west is so tough and the Lakers aren't very good on the whole.  Now maybe this weird concoction of veterans and young players surprises me, or maybe Lebron really is just that good and the Lakers are 50+ win team, hosting a 1st round playoff series and winning it.  I just don't see that as all that likely unless they make a mid-season move to acquire another star (which I think is a real possibility as there are always those types of players available).
Regardless of what Lebron does for the rest of his career, he'll be in the discussion for greatest of all time and have a strong case for it.  I think this year is really a throw away year.  Lebron won't get blamed if they miss the playoffs or lose in the 1st round with the collection of misfit toys that Magic put around him.  If they happen to win in the 1st round against say Houston, Lebron will get huge accolades for carrying the misfit team so far.   

Re: Who will have the most rings Kyrie, Curry and LBJ?
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2018, 10:09:39 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1215
Looking at the results so far, I am somewhat surprised.

Of the 27 voters (small sample size) so far, just 7, about a quarter of us think that Kyrie will win 2+ championships.
So it is either that the vast majority (3/4) doesn't feel like we will rule the next decade (win chips) or they don't believe that Kyrie will stay here (and therefore win multiple chips).

Strange. As I feel like the 95% of the Cbloggers think that Ainge made the best rebuilt ever.

The vote isn't about whether or not Kyrie ends up with 3+ rings, it's whether he ones up with more than Curry. A lot of people (myself included) still have the Warriors as the favorite this year, so Kyrie would likely need another 4 rings in order to pass Curry (and another 3 to tie him). That's a lot to ask
I did make a logical mistake, but still, I am a bit surprised.

I'm pretty surprised that only 1 person voted for a tie. There's already a tie right now!
I'm bitter.