Author Topic: Would PG13 trade go down on draft night, or after signing Hayward?  (Read 3010 times)

Re: Would PG13 trade go down on draft night, or after signing Hayward?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 02:34:09 AM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Lol OP

Cleveland would still kick our ass

And GSW would still be far and away better

Future. No other options.

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 03:15:43 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I'd rumor a PG trade just to get the Lakers to bite and give up their farm for him lol.

That one 's good. And besides, I still want Fultz, in any scenario. Draft him, keep him, sign FA and fill the rest with veterans. Someone mentioned Ibaka. Not bad.

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 08:55:59 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
The BKN 17 should be off the table for PG13. Also hesitant to give up the BKN 18. Lets see if the Lakers are desperate/dumb enough to trade #2 for him. Will a team with a top 6 pick try and trade for him without an agreement in place for an extension? Doubt it. Will teams give up stars or star prospects for him without an extention? All signs point to no.

Not willing to overpay for PG. My offer would be:

Zeller, Crowder, Rozier, the MEM and LAC picks, and a future Cs 1st. (Plus we have plenty of 2nd rounders we could add)

Win now core: IT, AB, PG, Horford
Win now/future core: Fultz, Jaylen, BKN 18, and Zizic
Clearly you don't want PG13 because that's a garbage offer.

Paul George holds most of the cards; not Indiana, and not teams considering a trade for him. All he has to do is say he is adamant that he won't re-sign with a team and a trade is off, or at the very least, the value proposition changes drastically. He might say nothing and let teams guess, but I doubt it.

He could be flexible, and identify a set of teams, and that would create a market where the teams would have to bid against one another.

He also might try to dictate exactly where he goes. That would be good for his new team and bad for Indiana.  It seems like it would be in his best interest to help his new team, not his old one. If he does that, they have to take the best deal they can, or keep him for one year and lose him. They might not get anywhere near full value.

TP! PG and the teams bidding against each other have the most leverage. If they don't want to pay full value for a soon to be FA, the Pacers will have to take less.

Zeller - can be traded as an expiring to bring back another player/pick. Could also just waive him and save $8M in cap space

Rozier - Has 2 years left on his rpokie deal and is getting better. Nice prospect for IND--who may or may not want to bring back Jeff Teague.

Crowder - 3 more years left on his deal. Easily one of the best contracts in the NBA. Could be kept or traded to a playoff team for a player/pick

Add in 3 future 1sts and I don't think my deal is bad. I think the Grizzlies pick might end up having some good value. Gasol is only getting older, and they have about 75-80% of their cap committed to the trio of Conley, Gasol, & Parsons.

Griffin leaving LA could affect the value of the LAC pick

In re Zeller, I thought under the new CBA non-guaranteed contracts no longer count towards trade value(s)?

The new CBA says that teams trading away players who sign AFTER July 1st, only have to account for the guaranteed portion of that players salary when making a trade.

Zeller is already under contract. IND could waive him (costs them $0) or trade him again to bring in a player on a long term deal or an asset

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 11:44:42 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The only way this makes sense, is if PG signs a new contract with the C's. And you forget his heart is in LA.

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 11:00:07 AM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1659
I'd rumor a PG trade just to get the Lakers to bite and give up their farm for him lol.

lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!