Author Topic: Combining rumors with an idea...  (Read 662 times)

Combining rumors with an idea...
« on: June 21, 2016, 04:35:09 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Trade #1

Pro basketball talk-
Boston has discussed 3 and a contract for Khris Middleton. Danny Ainge wants to add a scorer.

Boston
Middleton
#10 pick

Milwaukee
Amir
#3 pick
#45 pick

Trade # 2

Chad Ford-
Celtics (#3), Suns (#4), Wolves (#5), Pelicans (#6), Nuggets (#7), Kings (#8) all shopping their lottery picks

It's no secret that the Wolves want to trade the 5th pick and get a more proven player (see Jimmy Butler rumors). However, the price tag for Butler is too great, so enter Avery Bradley, a player that Thibodeau has history with and has been complimentary of before.

Thibodeau on Bradley-
"He's terrific," said Chicago head coach and former Celtics assistant Tom Thibodeau. "He's shown he can guard multiple positions. His ball pressure is great. He can guard guys bigger than him. He's a multiple effort guy."

Boston
#5 pick

Minnesota
Bradley
#35 pick (Wolves get their pick back)

END RESULT

Middleton provides length, shooting, and versatility. He also has a great contract and his age (24) fits our team perfectly.

16-17 15.2m
17-18 14.1m
18-19 13m
19-20 13m(player option)

We would add the #5 and #10 picks following the trade. With the #5 we would be looking to choose between one of Bender, Brown, Chriss, Dunn (unlikely), Murray, and Hield. For this scenario, say Dunn and Chriss go 3 and 4 and it leaves us with Brown. At #10 we again go BPA, but it simultaneously fills a need at C.

Starters
PF- Olynyk
SF- Crowder
C- FA
PG- Thomas
SG- Middleton

2nd Team
PF- Jerebko
SF- Brown
C- Poeltl
PG- Rozier
SG- Smart

Does it move the needle? Yes, albeit only marginally. However, it does allow us for more longterm cap flexibility by adding 2 top picks (Brown and Poeltl),who would potentially be solid contributors on rookie scale deals, along with Middleton who's contract is extremely team friendly (see above).

Re: Combining rumors with an idea...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 04:50:09 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Obviously the third pick has no value.  Not sure why people are so eager to trade Bradley who is a very good shooter and terrific defender in a league where guards are taking over. 

No, I would not do this.  Middleton is no star.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 04:51:34 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Nice idea. I like, no, I love the first trade. The second trade is nice too (it'd be tough to give up Avery) but I don't seen Minny accepting that offer.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Obviously the third pick has no value.  Not sure why people are so eager to trade Bradley who is a very good shooter and terrific defender in a league where guards are taking over. 

No, I would not do this.  Middleton is no star.

The 3rd pick obviously has value. What's confusing is that you said it doesn't, but then say Middleton is no star so you wouldn't do it. Middleton is a really good player and has more to his game than Bradley (who I love). While he may not the on ball defender Bradley is he is a very good defender nevertheless, who is long and athletic and can effectively switch off on more players. Offensively he is better in pretty much every aspect. He can run PNR, he's a better shooter, he can score in isolation, etc.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 05:04:02 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
whether or not it's a good trade in actuality (I don't know), it's definitely a good, well composed trade
in theory.  TP.

I don't love the 10 spot in this draft, mainly because I don't know if Poetl/Skal will be better than Zizic/Zubac, Stone or Damion Jones (all still too young to know). 

Based on that I might lean no, draft Dunn and trade another guard in a bigs deal to get Dunn into the starting lineup sooner rather than later (mid year?).

Utah wants a PG.  Is Baldwin at 12 good enough for them?  IT plus something for Favors?  Start Dunn and Bradley?