Author Topic: Okafor Suspended 2 games  (Read 4261 times)

Re: Okafor Suspended 2 games
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 09:57:40 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Lets not kid ourselves here guys, this suspension isn't about the fighting nor the drinking. Its actually the punishment that the Front Office deals out when they win games.

lol tp

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 11:10:17 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
was this for the first fight or the 2nd one?

http://www.celticslife.com/2015/12/video-jahlil-okafor-got-into-2nd-more.html

Please tell me that idiot was not the one with his pants down his butt? Also, the guy that got laid out is goING TO GET PAID !!!!

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 11:12:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
apparently Okafor has asked the Sixers for a bodyguard, which the team will provide.

Does the bodyguard protect the heckler b/c each video shows Okafor going after the people?

Yeah, there are cases where the hot head actually needs protection from his own self. This is pretty bad for Okafor. He is so hot headed he pretty much needs a babysitter.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 11:38:16 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
Okafor should provide his own bodyguard.  The guy decides to get a fake id and go drinking and knocking people out and the Sixers are supposed to provide a guy to monitor that? 
Of course the Sixers would want to, but it seems backwards to me.
but it may also make sense after a fashion. if the body guard is paid by okafor, then the guard will do what okafor wants, including, perhaps hitting people for okafor. remember tony allen's posse?

but if the body guard works for the sixers, then he follows the orders of the sixers and carries his job of getting okafor out of trouble and not worrying about what okafor likes or dislikes.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 12:04:35 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
Okafor should provide his own bodyguard.  The guy decides to get a fake id and go drinking and knocking people out and the Sixers are supposed to provide a guy to monitor that? 
but it may also make sense after a fashion. if the body guard is paid by okafor, then the guard will do what okafor wants, including, perhaps hitting people for okafor. remember tony allen's posse?

but if the body guard works for the sixers, then he follows the orders of the sixers and carries his job of getting okafor out of trouble and not worrying about what okafor likes or dislikes.
That's true.  But it's Okafor's camp that requested that the Sixers get him a bodyguard.

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 12:08:41 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

That's true.  But it's Okafor's camp that requested that the Sixers get him a bodyguard.

If it's true, I'm sure they asked them to do it b/c of that exact problem, you see his people could do nothing to stop him and I'm sure some of them egg him on and aid him in doing dumb stuff.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 02:01:10 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1400
wow all i have to say is okafor is a real idiot. 2 games is also a joke. If this guy doesn't realize soon that getting in fist fights on the streets at 2am is not a good idea as a professional basketball player he will be out of the league before his rookie contract ends. The most troubling thing is this is this is the 3rd incident in the last 6 weeks. Why didnt he want to chill out after having a gun pointed at his head?

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 08:29:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572
2 games before any charges are even filed seems about right to me.  Now if a bunch of charges come down the pipeline, I would expect the NBA to suspend him for 5-10 games. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 03:45:48 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
2 games before any charges are even filed seems about right to me.  Now if a bunch of charges come down the pipeline, I would expect the NBA to suspend him for 5-10 games.

If there are no charges filed it will be because okafor paid some people to be quiet. There is pretty solid evidence of him assaulting someone, at least enough to the point of pressing charges. I think the larger point you have to take very seriously is that this is not an isolated incident.

1) He drives 108 mph (which in some states can be short jail sentence
2) He gets in altercation in Philly nightclub, has gun pointed at his head
3) He gets in two fights at a nightclub at 2am that involve serious injuries and okafor
throwing punches
4) He allegedly also attempted to get into a bar/nightclub with a fake id (this seems less confirmed so not sure if this happened)

However, even if only the first 3 this seems really troubling. Furthermore, the response that he wants a personal body guard seems to further signal to me that he is not getting it. The issue isn't that he didn't have someone to protect him, the issue is that he was outside at 2am dealing with and interacting with drunk people. The solution is to not be in those situations, not to get a body guard so he can keep being in them. It is not like he was being tormented at the supermarket on an afternoon shopping trip. (also it is really odd that nobody seems to address the fact he is 19 and at all these nightclubs to begin with. I think the drinking age is stupid myself, and think the majority of 19 year olds do drink, however can he really just make a mockery of the law?)

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 03:55:04 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 03:56:37 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Don't worry, he'll calm down once he's around the stabilizing influence of Embiid every day.