Author Topic: Aldridge in Boston (rumor)  (Read 25551 times)

Re: Aldridge in Boston (rumor)
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2015, 12:40:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm an LA guy and I tell all my fellow Bostonians here- avoid California (specifically Southern California). Weather is blazing hot even in the winter, lack of water, and ya have to deal with seeing people wear garbage colored tanks such as purple/yellow or red/blue everyday!

I love Boston. The air is so much cleaner.

As someone who's lived in Boston is whole life, I disagree.

The winters here are putrid. I'd love to live in LA if it means no winter.

Not saying player shouldn't sign in Boston because of the weather. Just saying I personally hate the winters and they have a very negative effect on me.
as someone else who's lived here my whole life, I'd take a New England winter over the sweltering, humid New England Summers any day

also, to be fair, there isn't a single part of this country (where there's a b-ball franchise) where you couldn't complain about the whether.  it's a matter of picking your poison.

California: potential earthquakes, drought, mudslides, wildfires, smog
Texas/Midwest: potential tornadoes, drought/flooding, oppressive heat in summer and/or oppressive cold and snow in winter
Northeast: oppressive humidity in summer and pretty cold in the winter
Southeast: Oppressive heat and humidity in summer, potential hurricanes

overall, the Northeast isn't so bad compared to elsewhere
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:47:58 PM by slamtheking »

« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2015, 08:26:37 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
There seem to be a lot of differing opinions around here about which places are nicer to live.

Luckily, we know all about what all NBA players prefer in a place to call home and can therefore predict with certainty where free agents will or will not go. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2015, 07:40:55 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'm an LA guy and I tell all my fellow Bostonians here- avoid California (specifically Southern California). Weather is blazing hot even in the winter, lack of water, and ya have to deal with seeing people wear garbage colored tanks such as purple/yellow or red/blue everyday!

I love Boston. The air is so much cleaner.

As someone who's lived in Boston is whole life, I disagree.

The winters here are putrid. I'd love to live in LA if it means no winter.

Not saying player shouldn't sign in Boston because of the weather. Just saying I personally hate the winters and they have a very negative effect on me.
as someone else who's lived here my whole life, I'd take a New England winter over the sweltering, humid New England Summers any day

also, to be fair, there isn't a single part of this country (where there's a b-ball franchise) where you couldn't complain about the whether.  it's a matter of picking your poison.

California: potential earthquakes, drought, mudslides, wildfires, smog
Texas/Midwest: potential tornadoes, drought/flooding, oppressive heat in summer and/or oppressive cold and snow in winter
Northeast: oppressive humidity in summer and pretty cold in the winter
Southeast: Oppressive heat and humidity in summer, potential hurricanes

overall, the Northeast isn't so bad compared to elsewhere

We'll agree to disagree.

Winters in New England just make me miserable and bring me down. Thank God there's basketball to keep my mind off it.

« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2015, 10:54:36 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Well if Aldridge comes to Boston he could make us into a contender.  Were the Celtics looking all that great before we landed KG and Ray Allen?  A turnaround could come quick if the right pieces agree to come play for Brad Stevens.  And Brad has proven that he can make the playoffs with less talent.  Imagine what he can do if you gave him a couple of all-star quality players?

« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2015, 12:28:25 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Well if Aldridge comes to Boston he could make us into a contender.  Were the Celtics looking all that great before we landed KG and Ray Allen?  A turnaround could come quick if the right pieces agree to come play for Brad Stevens.  And Brad has proven that he can make the playoffs with less talent.  Imagine what he can do if you gave him a couple of all-star quality players?

Well the way I see it, we were 40-42 this season.

Aldridge alone makes us a 50 win team next season. If we get Wes Matthews along with him, make that a 55 win team.

So, if we can get these two guys (Aldridge obviously is the key) then we are sitting pretty.