Author Topic: Denis998's 1-16 Mock Draft  (Read 3770 times)

Re: Denis998's 1-16 Mock Draft
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 12:33:08 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
My guess would be that Detroit goes big to replace Monroe. Payne may be going a little too high here, I do like him a lot though. I think he's going to make it in the league with all his frieken talent. He's a joy to watch.
Any idea on who SVG will pick? If it isn't Payne, with the remaining bigs I can picture him picking Turner. Seems like he would fit into SVG's system where the outside bigs can shoot, like they did in Orlando. Kaminsky is a possibility here as well.

Not sure. They may covet one of the two, but I completely forgot they just acquired Ilyasova. He would make Kaminsky redundant, and I'm thinking there may be lingering questions about Turner that could make him drop. Initial thought is that Stanley Johnson would probably fit well there. They have a shooter/scorer in Caldwell-Pope, but lacking a 3 and could use defensive-minded guys.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 12:54:08 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
My guess would be that Detroit goes big to replace Monroe. Payne may be going a little too high here, I do like him a lot though. I think he's going to make it in the league with all his frieken talent. He's a joy to watch.
Any idea on who SVG will pick? If it isn't Payne, with the remaining bigs I can picture him picking Turner. Seems like he would fit into SVG's system where the outside bigs can shoot, like they did in Orlando. Kaminsky is a possibility here as well.

Not sure. They may covet one of the two, but I completely forgot they just acquired Ilyasova. He would make Kaminsky redundant, and I'm thinking there may be lingering questions about Turner that could make him drop. Initial thought is that Stanley Johnson would probably fit well there. They have a shooter/scorer in Caldwell-Pope, but lacking a 3 and could use defensive-minded guys.
Johnson to Detroit and Payne to Miami seems logical as well.

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 01:13:25 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Johnson to Detroit and Payne to Miami seems logical as well.

I was thinking similarly but saw this evening that Heat are going to offer Dragic the max. I'm sure he'll have plenty of suitors, but he's quoted as saying he wants to stay in Miami. Riley was also quoted as saying he is optimistic because they can offer him more than anyone else. So maybe they'll skip on Payne. Booker would make sense there if Wade is on his way out. I've also seen multiple mocks that have S. Johnson going at 10, and Turner as well. Should be interesting. They're one of the wildcards, to me. So much seems to hinge on what happens after the top 3 (even 2, according to some).
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 08:06:29 PM »

Offline CM0

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
I really like Portis as a player and I LOVE his attitude. I just don't see him as a franchise-altering kind of player. There's a great chance that Portis has better career than a Miles Turner, but Turner has a greater chance of becoming a game-changer. I'm cool with boom or bust, high-ceiling/low-floor guys; Danny will win on one eventually.