Author Topic: Celtics have a brighter future now than we did coming into last season.  (Read 2638 times)

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1521
It would be even brighter if we traded rondo for young talent then it would be even brighter.

Agreed. But Danny is too scared to do what is needed.

yeah, DA is always really SCARED to pull off an important trade or move an asset when we get something good back (sarcasm)  (smh - not sarcasm)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2990
Celtics have SERIOUSLY consider usin their picks on more centers .

I know Fab was a bust ...really sucked how he turned out ...but DA tried

I think he needs to gamble on several bigs in the up coming drafts ......maybe ONE will pan out as

A Starter quality

If not he needs to give up several picks for a Marc  Gasol.

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
It would be even brighter if we traded rondo for young talent then it would be even brighter.

yeah, DA is always really SCARED to pull off an important trade or move an asset when we get something good back (sarcasm)  (smh - not sarcasm)

Rondo still being on this team to me actually reeks of someone other than Ainge. By that I mean that I believe if it were up to Ainge, Rondo would already be gone. I think Rondo being on this team still might have something to do with ownership more than Ainge.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

I think he needs to gamble on several bigs in the up coming drafts ......maybe ONE will pan out as

A Starter quality

We might be able to sign him, but also we may be better off drafting one of the many Center prospects in the 2015 draft.

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

A Starter quality

With Embiid off the board there were no good centers for the Celtics to draft this year.

Next year there should be 3 very talented freshman centers in the top 10. If we tank out, it would be sweet to grab one of them.

Meanwhile i dont think Memphis is looking to trade away Gasol anytime soon. We will see what the Celtics can do in the next 2 years. Hopefully one of these excellent centers will be tempted to jump ship, but we will see. Ainge cant just will it to happen.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

He was a mediocre college player and really not that good.   Ainge gambled a low first.   If he panned out, and the odds were against it, he would have looked brilliant.   It didn't and no big loss.

Centers are rare, so rare that a lot of the one's today are PFs.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Rondo still being on this team to me actually reeks of someone other than Ainge. By that I mean that I believe if it were up to Ainge, Rondo would already be gone. I think Rondo being on this team still might have something to do with ownership more than Ainge.

I think Ainge would be ok with my desire for Rondo and Bradley to be the Celtics starting backcourt for the next 3-4 years.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

A Starter quality

With Embiid off the board there were no good centers for the Celtics to draft this year.

Next year there should be 3 very talented freshman centers in the top 10. If we tank out, it would be sweet to grab one of them.

Meanwhile i dont think Memphis is looking to trade away Gasol anytime soon. We will see what the Celtics can do in the next 2 years. Hopefully one of these excellent centers will be tempted to jump ship, but we will see. Ainge cant just will it to happen.

At our draft slots, I agree.  However, we could always get Oden, which would almost be like getting a potentially great big guy for pretty much close to nothing.  McGary went higher than I expected.  I was hoping that Ainge could have bought and/or traded into the 2nd round to take him and/or KJ Mcdaniels.  Without a traditional shot blocker on our roster, Mcdaniels could have been of immense help to us coming over from the weakside, imo.  We need somebody for crying out loud ;D

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Please try to imagine in Chris Rock voice....but it's supppppooossseeedd to be brighter than last season.

That's what fireworks are supposed to do. Brighten stuff.

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Oden hasn't played a full season

big mistake
injury prone
we been down that Oden road before and its a dead end

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley