Author Topic: Terry: Kg and PP saddened by trade  (Read 6074 times)

Re: Terry: Kg and PP saddened by trade
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 10:58:08 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The vitriol people on this site have when a player leaves this team amazes me. When Posey and Tony Allen left a few years ago(role players on the 2008 championship team) people here were angry with Ainge and constantly started "Bring Back Posey" and "Bring Back Tony" threads.

Now, the major players in the 2008 championship team leave(Ray, Doc, KG, Pierce) and the anger has shifted to the players and the coach. I don't understand it. They are gone. Thanks for all the great times but I am more apathetic to them leaving than angry about anything.

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 10:58:36 AM »

Online feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
But as happy as Terry is to again play for a top-five team, and as grateful as Pierce and Garnett are that Danny Ainge kept them together and relevant in the NBA title chase, there is some sadness.

“I know they were both disappointed that it had to end this way for them in Boston,” Terry said yesterday from Las Vegas. “I don’t want to put words in their mouths, but I know they both really wanted to see things through to the end in Boston. I don’t really know if they’re OK with all of this now, but they’re kind of saddened by it.

“It will definitely be a strange sight, because we all know how proud Paul was of being a Celtic all of those years,” Terry said. “He was one of the few people in this league who was able to stick with one organization. Again, I’m not trying to put words in his mouth, but it has to be tough for him.”

“If (the Celtics) were selfish, they would have sent us as far west as possible,” Terry said. “But they didn’t. They did something that was great for us.

Well today officially starts a new chapter for them  :'(

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/07/paul_pierce_kg_start_new_era_today

O.K., I'm calling it.

Bull.

K.G. was willing to waive his no trade clause to go with Doc. You cannot have it both ways Big Ticket.

See things through to the end? What does that even mean? K.G. had a N.T. clause. We were waiting for his confirmation while waiting for Doc's. What is Terry talking about? Pierce? O.K., I get that besides him voicing since last Feb he was not in it for a rebuild. Fine. But K.G., The manimal I love over all others? Nah....C'mon bro. That ain't how this went ::)
Now you know KG better than Jason Terry?  Who is full of Bull?   Doc, PP and KG were supporting each other in their desire to keep the team together or move on together because of their respect for each other.  Too bad it didn't work out but for your ridiculous head to call Jason Terry out is crazy. 

Roy someone needs to explain the board's manners to this abrasive newbie.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:08:02 AM by feckless »
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 11:12:38 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
But as happy as Terry is to again play for a top-five team, and as grateful as Pierce and Garnett are that Danny Ainge kept them together and relevant in the NBA title chase, there is some sadness.

“I know they were both disappointed that it had to end this way for them in Boston,” Terry said yesterday from Las Vegas. “I don’t want to put words in their mouths, but I know they both really wanted to see things through to the end in Boston. I don’t really know if they’re OK with all of this now, but they’re kind of saddened by it.

“It will definitely be a strange sight, because we all know how proud Paul was of being a Celtic all of those years,” Terry said. “He was one of the few people in this league who was able to stick with one organization. Again, I’m not trying to put words in his mouth, but it has to be tough for him.”

“If (the Celtics) were selfish, they would have sent us as far west as possible,” Terry said. “But they didn’t. They did something that was great for us.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/07/paul_pierce_kg_start_new_era_today

O.K., I'm calling it.

Bull.

K.G. was willing to waive his no trade clause to go with Doc. You cannot have it both ways Big Ticket.

See things through to the end? What does that even mean? K.G. had a N.T. clause. We were waiting for his confirmation while waiting for Doc's. What is Terry talking about? Pierce? O.K., I get that besides him voicing since last Feb he was not in it for a rebuild. Fine. But K.G., The manimal I love over all others? Nah....C'mon bro. That ain't how this went ::)

You sound angry. Like "issues" angry. You should maybe get that looked at. Just because they may understand the choice they felt they needed to make doesn't necessarily mean they can't have a sentimental attachment to the town and team they won a championship for. They understand the business of things and understand Danny wanted to rebuild and that they also didn't want ride shotgun on a transitioning team. They wanted to try to go for titles here until they retired. It was not meant to be. They're not allowed to be sad that they're not Celtics anymore?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 11:16:03 AM »

Online feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93

O.K., I'm calling it.

Bull.

You sound angry. Like "issues" angry. You should maybe get that looked at. Just because they may understand the choice they felt they needed to make doesn't necessarily mean they can't have a sentimental attachment to the town and team they won a championship for. They understand the business of things and understand Danny wanted to rebuild and that they also didn't want ride shotgun on a transitioning team. They wanted to try to go for titles here until they retired. It was not meant to be. They're not allowed to be sad that they're not Celtics anymore?

Tommy Point for bucknersrevenge..I think you hit it...anger management for the new guy!
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 11:27:07 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102

O.K., I'm calling it.

Bull.

I actually thought this was one of the most honorable transactions in sports. ...do you think KG really wants to move after 17 seasons in the league? You know Pierce didn't.

The Celtics tried to put their stars on a contender - and kudos to them for that.

KG and Pierce facilitated the Celtics' rebuilding efforts, understanding that they weren't going to be able to bring a title to this great city of Boston.

Professional sports is a funny thing. It's weird how sad I feel about Pierce playing for a different team. End of an era. I so hope he can come back and play one more season for the Celtics, retire as a Celtic - and hopefully get a role with the organization after his career.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 11:58:35 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40

That's precious. In another thread you were saying I crawled out from a rock or some weird stuff because you didn't like my opinion. Is abrasive a right given after a certain # of posts?

Doc gave the Celtics the shaft and it looks like K.G. was gonna take that ride and that WAS NOT Danny's plan and Danny and Wyc have said as much. They said that. It is a fact that the choice to sever the contractual obligations between the Boston Celtics and Glen Rivers was initiated by Doc. 100%

Please pause for a moment and debate that point instead of throwing off passive aggressive insults and then calling a mod.

Jason Terry talked a lot. I wish he hit shots as well as he talked. I'll believe what K.G. says about K.G.

Danny did what K.G. would allow because he had it written into the contract. You all think K.G. did Danny the favor? I think Danny did them a bigger one and apparently everyone is happy.

I'm a passionate Celtics fan. You can hurl insults at me and TP others who share your view

Enjoy.

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 11:59:57 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Nobody knows the back side of the story.  If I'm guessing, Ainge made the best trade available at the time, & at the same time the situation is perfect for old vets like Pierce & KG.

It's literally a win win for all sides.  The only loser out of all of this are the Nets & their future, because Ainge literally took that away by taking virtually all of their assets.

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 12:01:40 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

That's precious. In another thread you were saying I crawled out from a rock or some weird stuff because you didn't like my opinion. Is abrasive a right given after a certain # of posts?

Doc gave the Celtics the shaft and it looks like K.G. was gonna take that ride and that WAS NOT Danny's plan and Danny and Wyc have said as much. They said that. It is a fact that the choice to sever the contractual obligations between the Boston Celtics and Glen Rivers was initiated by Doc. 100%

Please pause for a moment and debate that point instead of throwing off passive aggressive insults and then calling a mod.

Jason Terry talked a lot. I wish he hit shots as well as he talked. I'll believe what K.G. says about K.G.

Danny did what K.G. would allow because he had it written into the contract. You all think K.G. did Danny the favor? I think Danny did them a bigger one and apparently everyone is happy.

I'm a passionate Celtics fan. You can hurl insults at me and TP others who share your view

Enjoy.

I think Ainge appreciated what both brought to the table night in and night out.  He knows they can still bring it, but the time is right for the Celtics organization to get some chips for the future, & the time is right for the vets to have an opportunity to go out on top.

It was a win-win all around.

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 12:12:45 PM »

• Al Horford
I actually thought this was one of the most honorable transactions in sports. ...do you think KG really wants to move after 17 seasons in the league? You know Pierce didn't.

The Celtics tried to put their stars on a contender - and kudos to them for that.

KG and Pierce facilitated the Celtics' rebuilding efforts, understanding that they weren't going to be able to bring a title to this great city of Boston.

Um answer to Red..

Yes. He was unless he states otherwise, ready to join Doc in L.A. and that would have netted us ...do you remember the Center's name? And the 1st rd pick for Doc..that became a 2nd...that became a nothing.

So yes I think he was going to do exactly that and it would have hurt us more than the Nets trade.

Answer to green (in honor of Paul) ::)

I think Paul has known for a couple of seasons that the window had closed. Would he have liked for it to be open via a spectacular move by Danny and stay in Boston? Have I ever said otherwise because that's ridiculous of course he would have liked that. Some folks are confusing hopes and wishes with cold hard reality. This question of yours being an example.

Comment on the bolded part.

You left Danny, Wyc and the Nets outta that. You know that they could get another ring if stuff breaks their way right? And they are getting paid pretty good right? They did themselves a favor too. Nothing wrong with that but they don't play for the Celtics and the facts behind the whole scenario seem to be conveniently skipped over by many in lieu of some ...other thing.

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 12:22:09 PM »

• Al Horford

I think Ainge appreciated what both brought to the table night in and night out.  He knows they can still bring it, but the time is right for the Celtics organization to get some chips for the future, & the time is right for the vets to have an opportunity to go out on top.

Considering our new coaching staff and good draft (it appears) I agree it's a win win. I chaffed at JET who got a tattoo and assured everyone who would listen he was here to get that trophy and went on to make better videos than shots...put words in K.G.'s mouth.

They don't fit with the facts. Someone said the word "vitriol" and that is...well...I remember the words used for Ray Allen and I never said that about anyone including Ray or K.G. or anyone besides Doc.

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 12:27:29 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Um answer to Red..

Yes. He was unless he states otherwise, ready to join Doc in L.A. and that would have netted us ...do you remember the Center's name? And the 1st rd pick for Doc..that became a 2nd...that became a nothing.

So yes I think he was going to do exactly that and it would have hurt us more than the Nets trade.

Answer to green (in honor of Paul) ::)

I think Paul has known for a couple of seasons that the window had closed. Would he have liked for it to be open via a spectacular move by Danny and stay in Boston? Have I ever said otherwise because that's ridiculous of course he would have liked that. Some folks are confusing hopes and wishes with cold hard reality. This question of yours being an example.

Comment on the bolded part.

You left Danny, Wyc and the Nets outta that. You know that they could get another ring if stuff breaks their way right? And they are getting paid pretty good right? They did themselves a favor too. Nothing wrong with that but they don't play for the Celtics and the facts behind the whole scenario seem to be conveniently skipped over by many in lieu of some ...other thing.

We actually got a 1st round pick for Doc...

This is the story of a break-up. Some people will play the he said-she said game, but for the people involved it is just a sad moment when the family breaks up and it's elders leave town.

Last season showed everybody that the Celtics were more than one piece away from being true contenders, and that realization more than anything killed this team's ubuntu. If you as a team can't share a goal because the goal has gotten out of reach, there really is no other way out than to break up the team.

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 12:27:55 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

Considering our new coaching staff and good draft (it appears) I agree it's a win win. I chaffed at JET who got a tattoo and assured everyone who would listen he was here to get that trophy and went on to make better videos than shots...put words in K.G.'s mouth.

They don't fit with the facts. Someone said the word "vitriol" and that is...well...I remember the words used for Ray Allen and I never said that about anyone including Ray or K.G. or anyone besides Doc.

Ainge knows that the vets still have it.  They might not be able to play 40+ minutes a night, but they can play when they're out on the court.

I wouldn't put it past Ainge during Pierce's exit interview to : <wink wink> " Don't sell your Boston house Paul, Free Agency is right around the corner.  Tell Jeff Schwartz (Paul's agent I think still)to keep my number.  I want the first shot "

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 12:29:59 PM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Terry's comment about it  being easiest to send them far West was spot on. How often do you see major players with history on a team moved to a division rival? Ainge did it to keep them together and get the biggest return for the team.

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg 10m
Pierce detailed how he had to initially talk KG into trade. Said they had a 90-minute phone conversation. Pierce drenched with sweat after.

This wasn't easy for them both.

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 01:32:43 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
@Murf56: Pierce said that he cries every time he thinks about first game back in Boston.

He won't be the only one crying.