Author Topic: Rondo F-Bombed Rivers  (Read 16500 times)

Re: Rondo F-Bombed Rivers
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2013, 02:01:06 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Because Rondo is 100% for the team...and look at doc....joe-quitter"  he is as I always said he was.....he wants to go to a team that just has so many stars it just wins with out him....I want him gone....we don't need him..keep kg..!

If KG will only play for Doc, how exactly do we do that?

IF KG will only play for doc then he needs to go also...we cannot live under doc anymore....we need an open mind that can see past the big 3...no more playing kg and pp till they are coughing dust...they need to come off the bench and teach younger plays their craft...if they won't then they need to be traded, we can get plenty for pp or kg.....I would love to keep them but pp will not accept that role, and probably not kg either....and I guarantee they go to another team...they come off the bench, and get less time....you have to grow up and accept that you are not 25 anymore one day....

Yeah, I agree with this. I think we would be stronger with those guys coming off the bench then we would be with them playing starters minutes.

If KG goes where Doc goes, then I guess I don't care what he does. If he goes with Doc to the Clippers, I don't care. I kind of prefer we end the deal with the Clippers and make them decide. You wanna stay? Stay. You wanna quit? Quit.

They need to play for the name on the jersey and not just Doc. Doc needs to deal with the team in it's current situation or put the broadcast headset on. I'm sure he'll be entertaining.
tp because I agree...but...I would also like to hear doc from the booth...but I think his raw thoughts would prove my position...that he isn't as wise as some say...wait till he openly argues the values of REBOUNDING as he has said time and again....until someone stopped him....99% of the other players / coaches said...WAHT...no rebounds=crazy&lazy...!

« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2013, 02:52:02 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
If I'm taking this with a grain of salt then I will have to reference workaholics- don't mess with Doc, he has old man strength
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2013, 03:29:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
don't mess with Doc, he has old man strength

Rondo would clean his clock.  Reach, speed and youth would trump your old man strength not to mention Rondo is tough as nails.

« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2013, 05:32:22 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
not sure why so many ppl are dismissing this as if we've never heard such a thing before.
dunno why we continue to ignore the signs...as for me?
i believe it. have u all seen Rondo? Yall remember when Danny Aldridge asked him that question at halftime and he was like  "We're taking advantage of [the Heat] because they're whining and arguing with the refs". Rondo has also been suspended how many times in the last 2 years?
We know he's a hot head. If anything, I don't think this is news. And continues to strengthen a point I made earlier (that, surprisingly, everyone dismissed) that Rondo has no problem letting Doc go.
Doc let's Rondo say whatever and do whatever. One time it just happened to cross a line. Ok! I'd like that kind of coach, too.

When you say "ppl are dismissing this as if we've never heard such a thing before" the opposite is true. The people who are up in arms because Rondo swore at his coach act like they've never heard of such a thing before. Other people know enough about the league to realize that it's fairly typical.

Rondo's something of a hothead. So's Kobe. So's Lebron, so's Wade, so's Westbrook. CP, Deron and Dwight are coach killers. I guess the Celts should stay as far away from players like that as possible, right?

I think we're kind of saying the same thing, actually. I read the first couple pages of people saying they don't believe the report. I'm just saying I do because we know Rondo's history.

« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
Isn't the bigger story that Doc tried to fight Rondo after Rondo f bombed him?

I think so. If Rondo swearing at Doc was that big of a deal Doc should have just kicked Rondo out of the meeting, not gone after him.
Everyone on here knows I am not Rondo's biggest fan, but if Doc really went after him and tried to fight him, Doc should have been fired on the spot for cause.  I mean seriously, you allegedly get f bombed and your first instinct is to fight your player.  What the heck is up with that?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2013, 09:10:44 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Isn't the bigger story that Doc tried to fight Rondo after Rondo f bombed him?

I think so. If Rondo swearing at Doc was that big of a deal Doc should have just kicked Rondo out of the meeting, not gone after him.
Everyone on here knows I am not Rondo's biggest fan, but if Doc really went after him and tried to fight him, Doc should have been fired on the spot for cause.  I mean seriously, you allegedly get f bombed and your first instinct is to fight your player.  What the heck is up with that?

I'd guess that the incident was embellished somewhat. For all we know it's a re-hash of an old issue.

« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2013, 09:24:54 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
I'm just saying I do because we know Rondo's history.

Rondo's history?

When young ones are trying to test his big brother (K.G.) it seems like...it it was clear that ONLY Rondo would step up for him.

When Melo was trying to be Gangstar (to K.G.)near the buses I was wondering where Rondo was?....oh wait...he's coming in off the left side of your screen.

I confess that Rondo joined the "Love you till you retire no matter where you play" club after saying what everyone in Celtic Nation wanted to say about the Heat begging for calls. On T.V., no smiling...wasn't funny.

Folks talking about Doc and RR I think RR could not give a lick about Doc but K.G.?

Man that's gotta hurt.

« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2013, 09:33:11 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I'm just saying I do because we know Rondo's history.

Rondo's history?

When young ones are trying to test his big brother (K.G.) it seems like...it it was clear that ONLY Rondo would step up for him.

When Melo was trying to be Gangstar (to K.G.)near the buses I was wondering where Rondo was?....oh wait...he's coming in off the left side of your screen.

I confess that Rondo joined the "Love you till you retire no matter where you play" club after saying what everyone in Celtic Nation wanted to say about the Heat begging for calls. On T.V., no smiling...wasn't funny.

Folks talking about Doc and RR I think RR could not give a lick about Doc but K.G.?

Man that's gotta hurt.

what are u talking about?

« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2013, 09:33:22 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Things get heated.  I can understand why tensions would run high.

Rondo is immature, and doesn't know half as much about basketball as he thinks he does.  At the same time, a coach can't go fighting his players.  He needs to bench him, or fine him, or suspend him.  You can't fight, though.

(I tend not to find Chris Sheridan to be all that reliable recently, so maybe a grain of salt is in order.)
If player-coaches were still allowed, I'd fire Doc and make Rondo my player-coach. Rondo is so much more important to this team than some replaceable coach who wants to fight his players.

Rondo might be immature, but look at LeBron. Rajon is perfectly fine.

Hahaha legit laughing out loud right now