Author Topic: Rockets offer Lin 4 year 30 million contract  (Read 12690 times)

Re: Rockets offer Lin 4 year 30 million contract
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2012, 06:26:26 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I love rags to riches stories.

Cinderella man, Cinderella man, Cinderella man...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVckoWSOaD4

Much Love Jeremy Lin

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2988
Thats alot of money for Lin and ASIK .....are they going to take their team to the finals. ::) 

Howard is gonna play at LA  or play at Orlando this year and then run as hard as he can for the NETS .

The team that is screwing up , the LAKERS , they got a great core, why don't they just add to it and contend.   Dumping Pau and Bynum is stupid on a  DREAM  gone bad.  Howard WAS great, I'm not so sure he even can play at that level after major back surgery or his BRAIN is fried by the wierd manor he does things , is he that dumb? . It will take at least 2-3 yrs to get Howard up to snuff with LA, one year won't do them any good, and besides Kobe will be an OLD man , by the time Howard gets adjusted... all this just doesn't make alot sence to me.

???

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2012, 08:40:50 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
He's worth it for the marketability alone. I'm sure the Knicks will match though.
How much marketability will he have if he turns into a bench warmer.

Never have been sold on Lin.  Nice streak... that's all.

Houston will sell thousands of season tickets off of his signing, before he even plays a game.  He will bring in $30M in profit in his first year there.

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2012, 02:15:27 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
So, Celtics fans...  Anybody saddened that Danny didn't use our wonderful cap space this off-season?  Instead of KG and the rest of the gang coming back, we could be paying Omar Asik and Jeremy Lin a combined $16 million per season.

Haha.

I'd still like to see a reporter ask Stern and some of the hard line owners exactly what they accomplished with the lockout in terms of keeping player movement and salaries in line.

That's a naive and simple way of looking at things.

The intent of the lockout was to shift more money in the owners pockets and less in the players pockets.

Basketball related income used to be 57% players, 43% owners.  It is now 50% players, 50% owners.  Mission accomplished.

David Stern could care less how that 50% is distributed.  As long as it is only 50% and not 57%.

There is about $300 million more in the owners pockets every year and $300 million less in the players pockets every year.

I'd take an extra $300 million as a victory.

Ask Dan Gilbert if he cares whether all the star players in the league end up on a few teams in the bigger markets in the league. His answer may surprise you.

This post becomes very ironic when you realize that suddenly Dan Gilbert is the favorite to help Brooklyn add Dwight Howard to their group that already includes three former All-Stars (DeRon Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace).

It is possible that Dan Gilbert doesn't care about the NBA as a whole and is just a selfish rich guy. Possible.

I guess we have his answer, btw.

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2012, 02:29:46 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
So, Celtics fans...  Anybody saddened that Danny didn't use our wonderful cap space this off-season?  Instead of KG and the rest of the gang coming back, we could be paying Omar Asik and Jeremy Lin a combined $16 million per season.

Haha.

I'd still like to see a reporter ask Stern and some of the hard line owners exactly what they accomplished with the lockout in terms of keeping player movement and salaries in line.

The intent of the lockout was to shift more money in the owners pockets and less in the players pockets.

Basketball related income used to be 57% players, 43% owners.  It is now 50% players, 50% owners.  Mission accomplished.

David Stern could care less how that 50% is distributed.  As long as it is only 50% and not 57%.

There is about $300 million more in the owners pockets every year and $300 million less in the players pockets every year.

Ask Dan Gilbert if he cares whether all the star players in the league end up on a few teams in the bigger markets in the league. His answer may surprise you.

This post becomes very ironic when you realize that suddenly Dan Gilbert is the favorite to help Brooklyn add Dwight Howard to their group that already includes three former All-Stars (DeRon Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace).

It is possible that Dan Gilbert doesn't care about the NBA as a whole and is just a selfish rich guy. Possible.

So you're assuming that there's no way Dwight ends up in NJ without the Cavs help?

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2012, 02:35:07 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

Haha.

So you're assuming that there's no way Dwight ends up in NJ without the Cavs help?

Well, it's Brooklyn now (a big market) and not New Jersey (a small market).

And not at all.  Though we don't truly know if other alternatives are out there.

Clearly his moral obligation to supporting competitive balance isn't so strong that he isn't willing to benefit from helping create a "super team".  In his own conference no less.

Selling out your morals for a late 1st Round pick and a year of Kris Humphries. Nice.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:43:41 PM by celtsfan84 »