Author Topic: Avery being rested - strategic - we'll see him again  (Read 3562 times)

Avery being rested - strategic - we'll see him again
« on: May 23, 2012, 04:01:53 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
I don't doubt Bradley is hurting big time - no question. But I think he would be playing if it were a game seven situation. But I think more than anything he's being given as much rest as possible for strategic reasons.

I think Doc knows that if we expect to beat Miami in the next round, Bradley is going to have get way up Wade's backside for good parts of each game - combination of Pietrus and Bradley, but hopefully a lot of Bradley on D.

Therefore, I think that because of all our injuries, Bradley being most serious at the moment, we're trying to win this series without Bradley and trying to get him as healthy as possible for Miami.

he needs the rest but I think we're trying to buy him time as well...He will be back   

Re: Avery being rested - strategic - we'll see him again
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 04:27:51 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 289
So, they are that confident we will breeze past Philly still?

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 04:33:04 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 622

If we can't beat philly w/o him, we're not going to get much farther anyway.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 05:02:04 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

I was hoping to be able to put down the 8th seed in 5 games, but obviously that's not the case.

Still, we went 7 in the first round against a ATL in 08 and we were pretty dominant that regular season, ending in the title of course.

It seems this team isn't going to get rattled until their backs are against a wall.  They just don't seem to be a club that goes out to sweep a series, and they tend to play mostly 6-7 gamers.  SO I think they're confident they can win, and just keep going along.

Avery will play if there's a game 7 or against Miami.  He'll make a difference slowing down Wade.  It'll free up fouls for other players to use on Lebron (and Wade while he rests).  That's huge. 

And perhaps after that he'll line up against Parker and Ginoblile.

Bradley can do a lot.  He's TA's replacement, after all...a combo guard replacing a combo wing.  He's a difference maker.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 05:31:07 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422

I agree 100% and this is how I think Doc and Danny feel. The Cs need to be able to get by phili with out avery. This also buts ray back in the starting lineup. If right now AB is playing at say 60% because of his shoulders and with rest we can have him at 70% to go against miami, then role the dice with phili.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet