Author Topic: Baby remains pills? Really? Anyone else see this?  (Read 8015 times)

Re: Baby remains pills? Really? Anyone else see this?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
No offense to asians, but...
Are these people retarded?

Dogs, tiger penises, fetuses, endangered species.. and now this? Why can't they just normal food like everybody else.. Those who eat this kind of stuff deserve a long prison sentence or a lifetime trip to a mental hospital..

It is not "east-asian" cuisine.

This is highly immoral and unethical labor practice. It's a huge con on desperate people looking for help.

A lot of still born or aborted babies/fetuses are sent to labs for research (just like other organs i.e. Seau's brain).

I've never heard of grinding up dead babies into a powdered pill and then sold off as some kind of "cure all".

This is a huge scam and it gives a lot of good people trying truthfully hard to help others...a bad name.
If true this ranks up there with people in Africa eating the pygmies, but I honestly am not sure if we should believe it.  I mean it's 2012. If people are this desperate and this uneducated why wasn't this around 30 years ago or 200 years ago? Why are we just finding out about this now?

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 06:24:03 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm anti-baby eating, but did anyone else notice the extremely fishy reporting in that piece. 

Someone with more insight help me out, but I believe the Daily Mail is pretty close to Britain's version of the National Enquirer.

Also, the writing was absolutely atrocious, which does call credibility into question. 

I'm not buying that until I see it reported by a more reputable source.

I'm surprised the headline didn't simply read: "CHINESE EAT BABIES!!"
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 06:26:14 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
No offense to asians, but...
Are these people retarded?

Dogs, tiger penises, fetuses, endangered species.. and now this? Why can't they just normal food like everybody else.. Those who eat this kind of stuff deserve a long prison sentence or a lifetime trip to a mental hospital..

It is not "east-asian" cuisine.

This is highly immoral and unethical labor practice. It's a huge con on desperate people looking for help.

A lot of still born or aborted babies/fetuses are sent to labs for research (just like other organs i.e. Seau's brain).

I've never heard of grinding up dead babies into a powdered pill and then sold off as some kind of "cure all".

This is a huge scam and it gives a lot of good people trying truthfully hard to help others...a bad name.

Imagine if it actually worked?

That could be an interesting ethical quandary

If it worked it would certainly raise questions and people would be fighting with their own personal beliefs, principles versus survival etc.

It sounds and is practically extreme isn't it? Ingesting dead human flesh....babies' flesh no less?

Likewise though, isn't radiation therapy extreme in of itself?

For myself, if ingesting dead baby flesh "worked"...I would choose it over radiation therapy...no doubt in my mind.

But the thing is, for me, what the heck am I needing the extreme option for anyway? What am I not doing right that led me to the point where I needed to choose these extreme options?
I have no problem with the dead human flesh part per se since disgust is not a strong driver of my ethics. I can respect that many listen to their intuitions of disgust more than I do and I respect differing views on that.

What I do have a problem with is that there is an acceptance of fake medicine that is bound to lead to ineffective extremes like this. Rhinos could go extinct quite soon due to the desire to get their horns for ineffective Chinese folk remedies in Vietnam. The more exotic and expensive, the more people want it, leading to dumber and dumber 'remedies'.

Yet, we have even more nonsensical ideas here like homeopathy, though it is not so scary since it is basically just selling insanely overpriced water. At least the pills in the OP have an ingredient. If humans can believe in homeopathic remedies, they can believe in anything.

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 06:27:06 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
I'm anti-baby eating, but did anyone else notice the extremely fishy reporting in that piece.  

Someone with more insight help me out, but I believe the Daily Mail is pretty close to Britain's version of the National Enquirer.

Also, the writing was absolutely atrocious, which does call credibility into question.  

Yeah, The Daily Mail should not be at the top of a reference chain.

http://sanfrancisco.ibtimes.com/articles/193371/20110805/china-dead-baby-pill-stamina-booster-cannibal-placenta.htm

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
Anyone else reminded of South Park?

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 06:30:17 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

LA Times is reputable.. I think.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/2012/05/south-koreans-confiscated-pills-human-remains.html

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

LA Times is reputable.. I think.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/2012/05/south-koreans-confiscated-pills-human-remains.html

Thanks.  I think so, too.  But, gosh, it sure is hard to tell these days. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2988
I hear its good for garden tomatoes

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 08:01:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
sick if true.

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 08:29:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
if this is true things must be way worse in China than we've been led to believe

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 09:20:29 PM »

Offline CelticS 86

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 9
This is a truly disturbing story...I lived in China for a year (2011) and i can tell you that the General Chinese population is actually, for the most part, very nice, friendly and caring, but i was truly amazed with the way the military acted.
Im pretty sure that the Chinese Government has been aware of this for a while, actually i wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was an idea that drug manufactures and the government developed.

-MR
“Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.”

-Red Auerbach