Author Topic: The ball movement was phenomenal  (Read 3005 times)

The ball movement was phenomenal
« on: January 24, 2012, 01:19:51 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
We were passing that rock around like a thing of beauty tonight  8)
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: The ball movement was phenomenal
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 02:07:38 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I agree, I think that has went unnoticed because of how great we played D. In fact, Doc said that it seems like a small thing that AB would get the ball down the court so fast and make the first pass that would get the set started but it was huge. He said he had to make ETM remember that he wasn't playing college ball and the clock isn't 35secs it's 24. I think we start our possessions on offense too late, that has been the problem of our offense for sure! I know people say no one runs back when RR goes on the break but that isn't the problem, RR brings it up quick but he brings it back out an takes it down to about 10 seconds before we even start to go into a play... maybe it has a lot to do with Ray and the screens he needs, i dunno. I just think RR doesn't start the offense quick enough, he comes down and dribbles the life out the ball and subsequently stalls the offense, whoever gets the ball with 3 secs left usually has to shoot whether or not it's a good look or not... I just don't see this team still able to work that way... it showed tonight that the ball has to be set in motion EARLY and passed to more than one (of the Big Three), it needs to see a lot of people touch the ball more than once to break defenses down. If I'm not mistaken, EVERYONE (except JO) scored (most guys scored more than once)!! How many times has that happened this season? We still had quite a few missed shots and shot a low percentage (better second half) but we really shared the ball, the offense didn't stall much at all (until PP would try to do it all himself or when we had the entire bench in w/o KG or PP)!! We looked as if we knew what to do on both ends tonight, that's weird because everyone that played (besides PP, KG, and Bass) hadn't had many minutes before tonight (AB obviously needed the time... still does, to get his offense together but he even looked better there too)!!! Great job on both ends tonight TEAM! Hope it gets us going! It was the most fun we have had this season, a thing of beauty!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 06:03:51 AM »

Kiorrik

I agree, I think that has went unnoticed because of how great we played D. In fact, Doc said that it seems like a small thing that AB would get the ball down the court so fast and make the first pass that would get the set started but it was huge. He said he had to make ETM remember that he wasn't playing college ball and the clock isn't 35secs it's 24. I think we start our possessions on offense too late, that has been the problem of our offense for sure! I know people say no one runs back when RR goes on the break but that isn't the problem, RR brings it up quick but he brings it back out an takes it down to about 10 seconds before we even start to go into a play... maybe it has a lot to do with Ray and the screens he needs, i dunno. I just think RR doesn't start the offense quick enough, he comes down and dribbles the life out the ball and subsequently stalls the offense, whoever gets the ball with 3 secs left usually has to shoot whether or not it's a good look or not... I just don't see this team still able to work that way... it showed tonight that the ball has to be set in motion EARLY and passed to more than one (of the Big Three), it needs to see a lot of people touch the ball more than once to break defenses down. If I'm not mistaken, EVERYONE (except JO) scored (most guys scored more than once)!! How many times has that happened this season? We still had quite a few missed shots and shot a low percentage (better second half) but we really shared the ball, the offense didn't stall much at all (until PP would try to do it all himself or when we had the entire bench in w/o KG or PP)!! We looked as if we knew what to do on both ends tonight, that's weird because everyone that played (besides PP, KG, and Bass) hadn't had many minutes before tonight (AB obviously needed the time... still does, to get his offense together but he even looked better there too)!!! Great job on both ends tonight TEAM! Hope it gets us going! It was the most fun we have had this season, a thing of beauty!
Can you maybe use the [Enter] button a bit more often? Makes pieces like that more ... readable :x

No offense!

Agree with you tho, so TP for that ;)

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 07:31:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I thought our old toughness was back this game.   We played with tude.  It helped our rebounding and defense.   I think this won the game more than offense though we typically do well when we are over 20 assists.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 08:28:17 AM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Ball movement was better in part because Rondo wasn't playing.

Rondo has become the designated passer.  He holds, then passes for the assist instead of just moving the ball.  Without the designated passer, everyone started playing Celtics basketball again.

Doc's fault...

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 02:32:06 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
We were passing that rock around like a thing of beauty tonight  8)

Can you maybe use the [Enter] button a bit more often? Makes pieces like that more ... readable :x

No offense!

Agree with you tho, so TP for that ;)
hehe agreed but yea good points about Rajon you guys might be onto something I've never seen the ball move like that for us a in a long time, and weird it so happens when Jon and Ray are out
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 02:43:26 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Rondo has become the designated passer.  He holds, then passes for the assist instead of just moving the ball.  Without the designated passer, everyone started playing Celtics basketball again.

Doc's fault...

Ball movement may or may not have been better, but we didn't get more assists than usual and our scoring and shooting were both below average.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 04:50:56 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

Doc's fault...
TP for saying what I wanted to say.  Hopefully Rondo took note and the sky is the ceiling when shots start to drop.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 05:18:12 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
the shots was perfect defense was perfect,the ball was moving.
maybe a big 2 with KG and pierce is all this team needs.ray shots have been following but his defense is not really top notch.i'm sick of when paul and ray are on the floor together  one is having a good game,the other is slipping that's not how it should be. and yes rondo holding the ball just to look for the assist instead of moving the ball that hurts the team to.because all it is doing is running out that shot clock i love that defensive effort in last nights game.hope the team plays like that in Thursdays game

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 05:22:39 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
and even tho every celtics player on the floor had their eye howard.any magic player that got the ball @ the 3 point line got instant defense on them.

now that's how this team should play