Author Topic: Anybody else tired of All Tebow all the time talk on sports radio?  (Read 11279 times)

Re: Anybody else tired of All Tebow all the time talk on sports radio?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
if he loses a few games, the talk will go away.  if he continues to win....it will keep going.

kind of tired of it, but i will take that over red sox any day of the week and twice on sunday

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 12:27:45 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Well, it's a lot better and a lot more refreshing than hearing from that idiot favre.....With looped commercials from that freaking gecco.

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 12:29:42 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I'm not that tired of it.

It's at the point now where it's so saturated that it's comical. I've never laughed out loud so much in embarrassment of the talking heads.

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
The thing is look at Tebow and Cam Newton and a guy like RG3. Start of a new trend?

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 02:23:34 PM »

Offline Morris Blue

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
Buy some CDs, man.  Sports radio?  Really?  Why? 

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 08:01:36 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm not cool with sports radio playing Jesus music when talking about Tebow. That would be like playing Fiddler on the roof while talking about Theo Epstein or Bernie Kosar, or like playing the Muslim call to prayer when discussing Hakeem Olowjuwan or Muhammad Ali.

Tommy Point.
I guess as it turns out Tebow himself sang that God is an awesome God song and did a horrid job, so it's not exactly the same. Nevertheless

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 08:16:20 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I heard Tim Tebow was in practice when a dying man went to practice as a last wish. Throughout the entire practice the man wanted to see Tebow up close but was unable to since he was in a wheelchair. At one point, Tebow saw the man from far away. With an assertive voice Tebow exclaimed, "Come my son and I shall protect you". The man slowly got up from his wheelchair, took a step forward, then another, and began running towards Tebow. The people in the stand were amazed and Tebow said, "Why doubt the powers for if you have faith, we shall overcome".

Then a slow clap emerged from the crowd.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 02:29:29 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
I'm tired of Tebow talk on sports programming period. It is almost as annoying as Lebron talk.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 02:35:38 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I'm tired of hearing about this Jesus freak ( especially if you ever did some research you would see Jesus is just a spin off of Egyptian Mythology and Christianity is a spin off of Pagan religion ) . I was raised Catholic , but come on man! open your eyes people. Not trying to put down anyone's beliefs , but I just can't believe in that fairy tale nonsense IMO.

And for Athletes to praise god after they win is just ridiculous . So you mean to tell me because you are a stronger believer god gave you the ability to defeat your opponent?(who's to say the players on the losing end aren't just as strong of a believer) If god is worrying about who wins a football games then there is something seriously wrong with this universe. ;)

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 02:43:45 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I'm tired of hearing about this Jesus freak ( especially if you ever did some research you would see Jesus is just a spin off of Egyptian Mythology and Christianity is a spin off of Pagan religion ) . I was raised Catholic , but come on man! open your eyes people. Not trying to put down anyone's beliefs , but I just can't believe in that fairy tale nonsense IMO.

And for Athletes to praise god after they win is just ridiculous . So you mean to tell me because you are a stronger believer god gave you the ability to defeat your opponent?(who's to say the players on the losing end aren't just as strong of a believer) If god is worrying about who wins a football games then there is something seriously wrong with this universe. ;)

Not quite sure how to respond to this...
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 02:49:11 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

ok?

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 02:54:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Well if it were me I wouldn't lock it because I'm over a certain age and live in a free society, but I'd say the thread has descended, which is too bad. Usually I say stuff like "But what about all the self-worship of players grabbing their jerseys and calling themselves King, and tapping their chests? Surely that's worse", but I don't think the post here has lots and lots of logic so not responding is as good as anything I guess.

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 03:02:27 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Well if it were me I wouldn't lock it because I'm over a certain age and live in a free society, but I'd say the thread has descended, which is too bad. Usually I say stuff like "But what about all the self-worship of players grabbing their jerseys and calling themselves King, and tapping their chests? Surely that's worse", but I don't think the post here has lots and lots of logic so not responding is as good as anything I guess.
wow EJA pointing out someones post doesn't have logic(though it does ) , how Ironic....

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 07:15:07 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

wow EJA pointing out someones post doesn't have logic(though it does ) , how Ironic....
It's like raaaiiinnnnn.......