Author Topic: Blockbuster trade results  (Read 5703 times)

Re: Blockbuster trade results
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 03:20:31 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
on the contract stuff...yeah it might not work.
Barea should take minimum...Jordan maybe not. Shaq not coming back..allen..kristic...wafer...west...etc etc how is that not enough to sign Barea and Jordan? Im confused.

Why would he take the min? 

The Celtics are way over the cap.  They will not be under the cap till 2012 when only Rondo and Pierce are on the books. 

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 03:43:10 PM »

Offline PortCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Roy is young and will be fine. KG had a nasty knee injury and was probaly playing his best ball in 3 years last year! He was great mid season and had a 28 and 18 game against Miami common how'd he do that after that nasty knee injury? He's way older than Roy...

....This isnt even a question, Roy has a degenerative knee injury. Him being young has nothing to do with it, his knee is shot. He can still be a solid player, but his best days are almost definitely behind him.

He knows it, the Blazers know it, and his doctors know it. So what exactly makes you so sure his knee is not an issue anymore?

Absolutely right sir. It's a contract the Blazers won't be able to move. The dude is playing with bone on bone, and those kind of injuries lead to erratic performances. It's akin to an older player coming up with a vintage game, but doesn't have the gate to follow it up. He's still a good player, but no longer a max. guy.

BTW ... Even if Barea's season is an aberration he surely won't come cheap and the Clips will no doubt overpay for D. Jordan.

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 04:12:27 PM »

Offline Big Joe Slow

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Well if Roy is washed up and only average maybe Portland would throw in first rounders to unload him and get Pierce. This would secure the celts future and make it worth while even if it took a couple years to get back to unstoppable.

If the clips are shelling out seriouss money for Jordan there is always Dalembert to fill the void why Vejuic develops. Vejuic looks impressive on the scouting reports ...he could be pretty good.

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 04:17:46 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Well if Roy is washed up and only average maybe Portland would throw in first rounders to unload him and get Pierce. This would secure the celts future and make it worth while even if it took a couple years to get back to unstoppable.

Well.....if we know Roy is done as a top player...why on earth would we take on his horrible contract?

Late first rounders from the Blazers dont make it any better, the trade would be a flat out disaster for the Celts, both short term and long.

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »

Offline Big Joe Slow

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I have a hard time believing Roy is not good anymore after what I witnessed in the playoffs. I might agree he is slightly less than before the injury and he may last a couple seasons less becasue of it but he's still pretty good. If we have a solid back up Sg we would be fine. Those first round picks could be used trade up to a lottery etc...

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 06:41:33 PM »

Offline PortCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
I have a hard time believing Roy is not good anymore after what I witnessed in the playoffs. I might agree he is slightly less than before the injury and he may last a couple seasons less becasue of it but he's still pretty good. If we have a solid back up Sg we would be fine. Those first round picks could be used trade up to a lottery etc...

Roy, Areneas and R. Lewis are three players tied to a hitching post and the new CBA will not reward teams who are over the cap to dump those kind of salaries.

But it may include a provision where those teams would be given a one year wavier to use the MLE and perhaps a draft pick as cash value, which they can deduct from that player's annual salary. Roy is scheduled to make $15m next year, and if Portland were granted a waiver his salary would fall under $10m. Problem is he'd still be owed $45m over the next three seasons. He may still be good, but he's no longer that good and will never be the same player. Hopefully you can appreciate why his contract would be impossible to move under any circumstances.

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 12:59:42 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Why does Slow Joe want to trade Paul Pierce so badly? That is the common themein all these thoroughly ludicrous trade ideas. My conclusion is that Slow Joe is a Laker troll whose ideas are to bust up the Boston Celtics.

I think that the Lakers should trade Kobe, Bynum and Artest to the Portland Blazers for Gerald Wallace, Rudy Fernandez and Greg Oden.
The beatings will continue until morale improves